or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 991

post #14851 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post
 

Someone post some Leeds...in shell.....well worn.

Burgundy shell on the old 8 last, recently recrafted:

 

 

Here's a newer pair on the 1 last, not recrafted (my favorite pair):

AppleMark

post #14852 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post
 

Burgundy shell on the old 8 last, recently recrafted:

 

 

Here's a newer pair on the 1 last, not recrafted (my favorite pair):

AppleMark


Those look nice.  I think the shoe in the Allen Edmonds website pic doesn't do it justice.  Do you think you could wear that with a suit?

post #14853 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post
 


Those look nice.  I think the shoe in the Allen Edmonds website pic doesn't do it justice.  Do you think you could wear that with a suit?


I wear pretty much whatever with a suit.  Knowing me, I'd even wear the HM with a suit. I just don't care.  :slayer:

post #14854 of 19327

Who was it on here that had the Dalton with the natural sole?  That was a good looking boot.  It makes it much more casual. 

 

I blame the forum for my new shell selections!  LOL.  Barnweasel enablers. Buying shell is certainly more expensive but then again I'd rather have quality over quantity....running out of closet space! 

post #14855 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post
 


I wear pretty much whatever with a suit.  Knowing me, I'd even wear the HM with a suit. I just don't care.  :slayer:


LOL!  Love it.  You're a rebel with great shoes! 

post #14856 of 19327
Natty Clark Streets (recently acquired from dabondo) for a toddler's bday party today.

post #14857 of 19327

Talked to the Chicago store and did some damage to my finances.  

 

Getting a pair of Leidens made in Brown Shell, double JR with chili welt and wheeling. 

post #14858 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd1101 View Post
 

Talked to the Chicago store and did some damage to my finances.  

 

Getting a pair of Leidens made in Brown Shell, double JR with chili welt and wheeling. 


JR?

post #14859 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post
 


JR?

Rendenbach? 

post #14860 of 19327
The Ashton gets very little mention here so I thought I would post a picture before I went out. I would be curious to see them in shell.

post #14861 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd1101 View Post
 

Talked to the Chicago store and did some damage to my finances.  

 

Getting a pair of Leidens made in Brown Shell, double JR with chili welt and wheeling. 


What did those set you back?  $650-15%+$110?

post #14862 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinM View Post

Anyone have photos comparing burgundy & brown cordovan?

Sure:



Burgundy shell Dundee and Cambridge next to brown and walnut shell Strands.
post #14863 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post


Sure:



Burgundy shell Dundee and Cambridge next to brown and walnut shell Strands.


Which do you like better brown or Walnut?

post #14864 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post


Which do you like better brown or Walnut?

Walnut. It's brown in most lights, has a rich slightly-reddish tan in daylight has great color character as it ages.

With that said, I do love the brown for its deep chocolate color.

Here are the three walnut/brown/burgundy colors in daylight:








Side:





post #14865 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzrhwinnj View Post
 

 

I have mto split toe Ashtons in 08 shell.

 

If you don't mind, please post a picture of this sometime. I'm very curious to see them.  

 

@smfdoc wrote:

The Ashton gets very little mention here so I thought I would post a picture before I went out. I would be curious to see them in shell.

 

 


Pardon the pics, these are literally taken in my closet, just quick brushed.

 

left to right

 

MTO black shell Ashton

MTO burgundy shell Ashton

MTO brown shell Benton

Trunk Show bottle green shell Leeds

 


The green looks lighter outdoors, this was early October:

 

BTW

I have only used Mac method + conditioner, Bick4 / VSC on any of these.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc