@gatszu I wear two different widths in the 65 last....12E for Blutcher and 12eee for Bal's...I am traditionally a 13e in the 511 last however I took a flyer on a pair of 12eee Daltons and they work perfectly fine with no discomfort. I measure a 13E.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 7:40 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 100post #1487 of 193273/4/16 at 6:09amQuote:
Never judge an AE size by just one pair...LOL...Yes that is odd for sure. One thing with the Dalton is that Leather and Dainite sole is a longer break in period than rubber soles like the Long Branch so heel slippage will go away over time as the soles break in. Also as the leather breaks in on the Dalton..which most are really stiff then you will be able to lace tighter.
Honestly I consider AE's like Forest Gump's box of chocolates...you never know what your going to get. As someone who typically orders two or three pairs of the same size shoe/boot to get a perfect fit I have felt and seen things that are just odd.post #1488 of 193273/4/16 at 6:19am
Well, i bought a pair of Bourbon Strands on the Shoebank and they will be returned. The right shoe has some awful striping on them. The rest of the shoe is flawless, less the discoloration on shoe due to the leather color consistency not being there. I'd love to work on them and get them looking wearable, but i don't want to make it worse and not be able to return them.
I have bourbon shoe polish, but it in no way looks like it would be dark enough to fix the problem. Imagine a bourbon pair of Stands with the right foot area (spot right before the cap toe) being nearly entirely Walnut color with a hint of bourbon striping. That's what they look like. Even at the price point of $177, which is a steal for Stands, i doubt i'd ever feel comfortable wearing them to work or out at night.post #1489 of 193273/4/16 at 6:54amQuote:Originally Posted by BL70
Received my dainite Daltons last night. Here's a side by side shot with Long Branch in case anyone else was curious. The dainite sole really is unnoticeable from the side, unlike a lug sole. With the clearance price these ended up being the exact same as the LBs I had bought during an RDA sale.
Funny observation, the inside sole of the Daltons says 'Bleeker street,' anyone else come across an error like this before? I guess it wasn't enough to make them seconds.
They look great, but man they squeak like crazy!
I pulled the trigger on a clearance walnut Dalton pair, as well. If they are keepers, I plan on using dark chili cream to darken them a little. I hear you on the squeaky sound. In fact, I will be returning a pair of firsts in dark chili because of the same issue. I wore them on carpet around the house and the noise just hasn't decreased. I can tolerate/work with little squeaking, but when it's so loud that you will be turnin every head when walking by, I am not sure it is worth the gamble.post #1490 of 193273/4/16 at 6:57ampost #1491 of 193273/4/16 at 7:04ampost #1492 of 193273/4/16 at 7:22amQuote:Originally Posted by gatszu Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Well, I will be getting rid of most if not all of my SMU cordovan shoes. I have been ordering the wrong size all along. I was fitted 6.5EEE in the 5 last and 7EE in the 511 last. However, wearing those sizes, my right foot has been aching around the big toe each night. I am a 7E on the brannock, and used to wear 7D in most shoes without discomfort, which was why I never dialed in on the correct size in cordovan. I started out with AE in 6.5E in calf PA & Strand and they fitted just fine. I recently tried a PA cordovan in 7EEE, and this turned out to be a perfect fit. No pain or discomfort anywhere. the V-gap closes completely. No heel slippage or no bowing at the ankle. My ankles are skinny and narrow, and I feared 7EEE in the 65 last would be too wide at the heel and I'll have heel slippage, but 7EEE fits perfectly, like mdubs and his Strands .
So, now I am trying to dial in my size in the 511 to get some new Dundees. Should I go with 7EEE, 7.5EE or 7.5EEE? Again, on the Brannock, I am 7E; if I lean forward, then it's 7.5E. My feet are skinny, narrow at the ankle, and wide at the ball and toe areas. With 7EE in both the Dundee and Bayfield, I feel like the ball is at the widest part of the shoe. However, with the tapered toes on the 511, my toes are getting squeezed. It feels like 7EE maybe be a little bit short. With the 7EE bayfield, the length of 7EE seems to be right, but the width is definitely narrow. So, should I got with 7EEE or 7.5EE in the Dundee? Both 7EEE and 7.5EE are SMU, so I have to order judiciously. Perhaps I should start with 7.5EEE, which is a stock size and go from there?
In the Barrie last, 7E feels a little bit long, a bit tight at the ball, and too loose in the ankles. Side by side, 7E Barrie and 7EE 511 is almost the same length. However, the toes on the 511 is more tapered and it makes the 511 feels shorter than the Barrie. Volume wise at the ball, 7E Barrie feels similar to 7EE 511.
I should also say that 6.5EEE in 65 last feels very similar to 7EE in 511 last.
How do you gentlemen with EEE width size in the 511 comparing to the 65? I would very much appreciate any and all inputs.
On another note, I'll be selling the following if anyone is interested:
Navy Cordovan Dundee 7EE 511-last 1st quality gently worn
Natural Brown Cordovan Dundee 7EE 511-last 1st quality gently worn
Brown Cordovan Bayfield 7EE 511-last 1st quality gently worn
Green Cordovan Strand 6.5EEE 65-last 1st quality gently worn
Brown Cordovan Jefferson 6.5EEE 65-last 2nd quality gently worn
Natural Brown Cordovan First Avenue Boot 6.5EEE 65-last 1st quality unworn
Thanks for reading!
I've always admired your cordovan collection (specially green and navy), sorry to hear that you'll be selling most of those. More than that, I am frustrated that I am 10E and can't grab any of these from you.
Good luckpost #1493 of 193273/4/16 at 7:22ampost #1494 of 193273/4/16 at 7:26ampost #1495 of 193273/4/16 at 7:29ampost #1496 of 193273/4/16 at 7:35ampost #1497 of 193273/4/16 at 7:36ampost #1498 of 193273/4/16 at 7:37amQuote:
Ugh, your picture is giving me an urge to pick these up. Do they run true to size with calf strands?post #1499 of 193273/4/16 at 7:39ampost #1500 of 193273/4/16 at 8:00am
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 seconds ago
- › Epaulet NY Driggs "Dusty Saffron" Donegal Tweed Wool Trousers -... 1 minute ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 2 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Saddleback medium breifcase 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...