Which do you prefer in the V gap?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 7:00 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 988post #14806 of 1932710/15/16 at 7:30pmpost #14807 of 1932710/15/16 at 7:30pm
In 65 balmorals I 'could' wear an 8.5D, but a bit tight at the balls of my feet and the instep, and a tiny bit too much space in front of my toes, (my heel fit was fine). 8E was MUCH better.
I've also tried a 7.5E, its OKish, but then the widest part of my foot doesn't line up perfectly like it does in the 8E.
8D was too tight and bad V-gap.
8EE too much volume.
Brannock is 8.5 D/E.post #14808 of 1932710/15/16 at 7:32pmpost #14809 of 1932710/15/16 at 7:33pmpost #14810 of 1932710/15/16 at 7:38pmQuote:
Another Dundee. Brown or Black or both or for that matter Natural or Navy. I have Burgundy.
Or a Leeds.
Or a Strand in Brown.
I should also note, as an addendum to my previous post, that in shell 65 balmorals 8D does fit better than 8E.post #14811 of 1932710/15/16 at 7:39pmpost #14812 of 1932710/15/16 at 7:41pmpost #14813 of 1932710/15/16 at 7:44pmIf you never hear from me again, it's because I didn't dress like a cowboy when going to a western themed bar tonight. (sorry for the non AE, those are my 1000 Mile Boots. Figured I could run/defend myself better in these than my Daltons.) I can't speak enough about cardigans. I could wear them daily. Also gonna be rocking to Game's new album on the way there. I'm a cultural mess...post #14814 of 1932710/15/16 at 7:55pmpost #14815 of 1932710/15/16 at 7:57pmpost #14816 of 1932710/15/16 at 7:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by WadeGarrett
I really like my shoe wardrobe, but it is entirely black and medium-to-dark brown. I am looking to add a shoe in a different color, to wear with wool slacks and chinos -- no suits or jeans. Would you suggest the walnut Strand, the dark chili Fifth Avenue, or a Dark Chili brogue?
If you suggest the walnut Strand, would you recommend the mainline $335 Strand, the $257 Brooks Brothers Strand (40% off coupon referenced above), the $229 factory second, or a Bartlett?
I have no comment on the style, but walnut and a burgundy/oxblood/Merlot would both work with what you describe. Given your preference for black and darker Browns, you may be more comfortable with the burgundy spectrum.post #14817 of 1932710/15/16 at 7:59pmpost #14818 of 1932710/15/16 at 8:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by SLCRich
If you never hear from me again, it's because I didn't dress like a cowboy when going to a western themed bar tonight. (sorry for the non AE, those are my 1000 Mile Boots. Figured I could run/defend myself better in these than my Daltons.) I can't speak enough about cardigans. I could wear them daily. Also gonna be rocking to Game's new album on the way there. I'm a cultural mess...
If you choose shoes based on being able to "run or defend myself" you need to hang out in better places or get a better class of friends.post #14819 of 1932710/15/16 at 8:16pmQuote:
The Dundee is amazing. I would agree. Leeds, not sure what it's claim to fame is. Strand= definitely.post #14820 of 1932710/15/16 at 8:17pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 46 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 51 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 56 seconds ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...