This. 1000 times this.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/24/17 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 986post #14776 of 1932810/15/16 at 8:18ampost #14777 of 1932810/15/16 at 8:34ampost #14778 of 1932810/15/16 at 8:46amQuote:
When Paul did the AMA a few days ago, he mentioned the possibility of bringing back the football leather Patriots around the Super Bowl- I'll give them a shot, since I've heard that the football leather stretches a lot, but I would prefer a Cavanaugh in football leatherpost #14779 of 1932810/15/16 at 9:04ampost #14780 of 1932810/15/16 at 9:33ampost #14781 of 1932810/15/16 at 9:39amQuote:Therein lies your issue. They sent me this with a "we haven't seen you in awhile, come spend money please" note. So if you DON'T buy, you might get a discount card hahaOriginally Posted by orange fury
My only 100% cashmere garment is a cable knit Ralph Lauren Purple Label sweater I bought a few years ago (90% off, still paid over $100- easily the nicest single item I own). In terms of sweaters, cashmere is wonderful, but very delicate (as compared to a Shetland or cotton sweater). It's also a magnet for moths, if you have that problem.
If it were me, I would be spending that coupon on a navy blazer, but I need a new one anyways, so that's just me.
Also- I want on this magical 40% off mailing list lol. Lord knows I've bought enough stuff from BB in the past to have earned one at this pointpost #14782 of 1932810/15/16 at 9:48amQuote:My FIRST thought was EG. Of course there's a 0.0000000001% chance they'll be included in this. Second was a LHS #8 from Alden. Great mindsOriginally Posted by peppercorn78
I own a few cashmere sweaters, but nothing like a jacket or coat, where sturdiness would be more important. My exoerience with cashmere is that it's literally like having a goat giving you a big warm hug. Absolutely recommended for those who have to walk around in very cold temps (like New Yorkers). I'm not sure how much walking you do in SLC, but I know from working in Ephraim that it can get quite chilly. The hand is extremely soft though, somewhere between Marino and silk. It doesn't impress with being all that durable.
As for shoes, I'm sure it won't apply to Edward Green, but it's worth a try to see if you could score a pair of Galways
Also the CJ made Peal and Co footwear (not the Loake made models) are totally worthy of that discount, along with she'll Aldens like the black wingtip bal or unlined penny loafer,
Good luck!post #14783 of 1932810/15/16 at 9:48ampost #14784 of 1932810/15/16 at 10:37ampost #14785 of 1932810/15/16 at 11:44amQuote:Originally Posted by orange fury
When Paul did the AMA a few days ago, he mentioned the possibility of bringing back the football leather Patriots around the Super Bowl- I'll give them a shot, since I've heard that the football leather stretches a lot, but I would prefer a Cavanaugh in football leatherpost #14786 of 1932810/15/16 at 1:19pmHad a great AE-related day on Wednesday and finally have time to post about it.
Paul Grangaard was visiting the newly-opened Palo Alto store so I headed up after work. Since it was Walnut Wednesday, I wore my Strands.
My Strands are approaching three years of wear and have a great patina and character. While the color looks uniform in the shade, each panel seems to be evolving its own hue in the sun.
I tried on a Cornwallis to get my size down for the 1943 Last. My foot has a somewhat wide ball and very high instep and the Cornwallis felt great - I am very interested in the Washington Square austerity brogue on the 1943 Last but they did not have any at the store. The SA ordered in a pair to inspect when I return from next week's travel.
The hour I spent at the store shopping and talking to Paul was awesome. He initially approached me to mention that he wore the same walnut Strand to his daughter's wedding this past summer, and we had a few conversations about shoe styles and materials including the "shortage" of Horween Shell Cordovan and its potential for loosening up as global demand scales back a bit. He alluded to a February 2017 event that's in the works that smelled like another trunk show, but it was clear that the details were not yet fit for public consumption.
It was a great experience overall and one more reason why I love this company.
On another note, I am in a black tie wedding next Saturday in Newport, R.I., in one of the mansions. Friday's rehearsal dinner and afterparty is cocktail attire in Marble House so I'm polishing up my pair of Cambridge for the event.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!post #14787 of 1932810/15/16 at 1:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by SLCRich
Question for you FBWs. Brooks Brothers sent me a 40% off a single item (I also have a $50 gift card to use.) Their Red Fleece line is excluded along with certain watches and shoes. With my combo above, a $500 item will be about 50% off, so that's where I'm looking. I'm eyeing something in cashmere or a coat/jacket for colder weather. I've heard some horror stories about cashmere but never owned something 100% cashmere. Thoughts? And of course my first question will be what shoes will this discount apply to so the sweater/coat thing could be tossed out the window very quickly... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Here, I've even found the link for you...
That or you could simply order direct from the manufacturer at a similar, 40% off price.post #14788 of 1932810/15/16 at 2:39pmSo after a quick trip to BB, (no cashmere on stock yet sadly) this coupon is pretty amazing. Stock shoes only, so their AE for $428 all qualify. The cordovan excluded (they did have tassel cordovan loafers staring me in the face.) It's good through the 24th so I'm hoping they get some cashmere in for me to try. Otherwise, I'll be the proud owner of thispost #14789 of 1932810/15/16 at 2:40pmThe Mcallisters in dark chili I was sent had a slight tear/cut near the toebox so I ordered a replacement pair at my local store. The SA had recommmended using the regular chili polish on the dark chili if I wanted to lighten them up a bit. He also mentioned that I can try leaving them in direct sunlight for a few hours and that could lighten them. Would any of you recommend that or should I just wear them and expect them to lighten up a bit over time naturally? Thanks for the inputpost #14790 of 1932810/15/16 at 3:32pm
Self serving PSA. If you happen to want some vintage to add to the collection, I have two pairs of Florsheim Imperials in 10.5 C that need a new home. One is a longwing blucher, brown, style 93602 and the other is a plain toe blucher in #8 shell cordovan. PM me if you have an interest and can wear a 10.5 C width.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Look goes on... 1 minute ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 15 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Banana Republic Trench Coat, fits as a MEDIUM 19 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 21 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 26 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 35 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...