or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 981

post #14701 of 17778
Maiden voyage in Liverpool. These are amazing
post #14702 of 17778

post #14703 of 17778

Higgins Mills paired with a new demin purchase and some flannel on this sunny casual Friday.

 

post #14704 of 17778

OK so decided to take the new shoes to the office and wear them just on the carpet until I know if these are ok.

 

Like I said the fit of the shoe itself on my foot seems good I have plenty of room in the toe box, the fit front to back is good I would not want a longer shoe, the fit side to side is good this is a D and I think an E would be to wide on the bottom of the foot.

 

Now these being new shoes I did not make the laces tight I just comfortably tied them.

 

My concern with the fit or more the look not the fit is only how the gap gets much bigger from bottom to top.

 

So not sure how to proceed here since the shoe feels ok on my foot overall and I don't think I would want anything wider but what about this gap for the laces.

 

Is this acceptable?

 

Will it get closer with time?

 

Looking for some help here should I return or is this ok?

 

post #14705 of 17778
There is a pair of these on the ShoeBank in one of my sizes (14E) for $157. I don't need another balmoral, but it *would* be nice to have another pair with Dainite soles. I already have a pair of chili Daltons, but they obviously fill an entirely different role.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post

Re: dark chili - here are my chili University. The right shoe is close to accurate, but I love gray sky lighting for shoe photos.


Re: navy longwings; the answer is simple - go for the Leiden. I'm considering navy or natural if the trunk show comes off (also considering Strand/Bartlett in natural, because duh).
post #14706 of 17778

Happy Friday forum pals! Today wraps up my personal "Longwing week" and, with fall in the air, I pulled out my suede MacNeils. I wish AE made a sufficient number of longwing styles to work for the entire week, but they don't and I have to pull in other makers.

 

Warning: Spoiler! Monday. (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! Tuesday (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! Wednesday (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! Thursday (Click to show)
post #14707 of 17778
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Bond View Post
 

OK so decided to take the new shoes to the office and wear them just on the carpet until I know if these are ok.

 

Like I said the fit of the shoe itself on my foot seems good I have plenty of room in the toe box, the fit front to back is good I would not want a longer shoe, the fit side to side is good this is a D and I think an E would be to wide on the bottom of the foot.

 

Now these being new shoes I did not make the laces tight I just comfortably tied them.

 

My concern with the fit or more the look not the fit is only how the gap gets much bigger from bottom to top.

 

So not sure how to proceed here since the shoe feels ok on my foot overall and I don't think I would want anything wider but what about this gap for the laces.

 

Is this acceptable?

 

Will it get closer with time?

 

Looking for some help here should I return or is this ok?

 

 

My opinion is that the V-gap is too much. If they fit you that well then perhaps size change isn't the option and the last or that particular shoe doesn't work for you? Also possible that it is why they are seconds.

post #14708 of 17778


Fullerton Friday. Alliteration: check. To continue, feeling fairly frumpy. Wish most of this outfit was a little smaller. Have a good Friday and weekend!
post #14709 of 17778

Casual Friday in dark denim and chili Shakers! Like many here, I am still holding out hope that AE brings these back (like Paul G said would happen on a previous AMA).

 

My daily @dapkicks pic: (Click to show)
post #14710 of 17778
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2511 View Post
 

 

My opinion is that the V-gap is too much. If they fit you that well then perhaps size change isn't the option and the last or that particular shoe doesn't work for you? Also possible that it is why they are seconds.

Hmm thanks not sure what to do as I wear them on the carpet fits seems good it's just that V gap that is out of place.

 

I have been checking the fit all around my foot seems ok a wider shoe would also be a wider fit overall and all I want is the V gap to be less.

 

Looking at the sole even on carpet I now see signs of the shoe being worn so I may be past returning them now even on carpet.

 

post #14711 of 17778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

@Lobster33 Whoa, haven't seen those in a long time. The Easton was on the 000 last which is long gone. The best advice I can give you would be - go to the retail store and try the McGraw, the ORD (with and without the insert), and the SFO (with & without). If you can dial in a specific size, start with that.

Back into hibernation mode - see ya buddy!

 

Interesting.  The 000 last is one I've never heard of.  

 

Since you're going back into hibernation, I wore these for you today.  Today is perfect weather for these.

 

post #14712 of 17778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlife View Post
 

Higgins Mills paired with a new demin purchase and some flannel on this sunny casual Friday.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Looking sharp!! These are natty, right? Yours have a much richer color than mine, which are rather pale still. Might need to hit mine with some neetsfoot. Deets on the denim?!

post #14713 of 17778
HM maiden voyage. Just realized the quartets on the left boot are a bit uneven. Oh well.
post #14714 of 17778
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post
 

Casual Friday in dark denim and chili Shakers! Like many here, I am still holding out hope that AE brings these back (like Paul G said would happen on a previous AMA).

 

My daily @dapkicks pic: (Click to show)

WANT!

post #14715 of 17778

OK maybe things are looking better see what you guys think.

 

This morning first time wearing:

 

3 hours later not too much walking trying to keep them returnable if needed but re-tied both shoes just a little snug.

 

 

So I think the gap has improved but still it's more than I would like to see.

 

The question is will the gap close even more with more wear as I think if I continue to wear them even on the carpet I won't be able to return them.

 

As for the overall comfort the feel is great again just the look of the gap.

 

Thoughts guys?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc