Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 9:41 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 958post #14356 of 1932710/9/16 at 7:00ampost #14357 of 1932710/9/16 at 7:29ampost #14358 of 1932710/9/16 at 8:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Newberry
I use to see this guy talk mad trash about Allen Edmonds on a lot of AE YouTube videos. He even posted a YouTube video about a pair of Fifth Avenues and how long they would last if you would beat them up with zero maintenance lol. What a waste of a great pair of shoes. Now I see him talking trash on the official Allen Edmonds Facebook page. I just don't get it. Why bother commenting if you don't like the brand? Just ignore it or even block it if you must. I just hope he never finds his way to Styleforum or else he'll really annoy the sh!t out of all of us...
Interesting. A Russian with a big problem with AE. Maybe he's a Johnston & Murphy employee?post #14359 of 1932710/9/16 at 8:35amQuote:
Not sure, but I've seen videos of people doing reviews on Dalton boots and Strands and he's always saying something negative. He's even talked trash on Zappos videos talking about Allen Edmonds hahapost #14360 of 1932710/9/16 at 8:52ampost #14361 of 1932710/9/16 at 9:07am
Sounds like he got burned somehow.
Off topic, but after waiting 4 weeks, my new laces finally arrived. These are 4 mm which fit the shoes perfectly. The black ones on the left are my original Carlyle 90 cm laces. The rest are 75 cm long. I might suggest purchasing 90 cm if you want them to be a little longer. Not sure what to do with the light blue, as they don't match well with my suede PA's. I'll order some dark blue ones. I've come to realize I much prefer the flat laces over the round ones.post #14362 of 1932710/9/16 at 9:13ampost #14363 of 1932710/9/16 at 9:19ampost #14364 of 1932710/9/16 at 9:27amQuote:
I don't have either shoe, but the natural, green and blue options are extremely rare and it could be years before you see them again. Brown can be had more readily.post #14365 of 1932710/9/16 at 9:34ampost #14366 of 1932710/9/16 at 9:35amQuote:
Natural shell is beautiful in my opinion (scroll back a couple pages and see the natty shell Daltons I posted). As for green and blue, color me uninterested. I really can't fathom how a blue or green shoe would work into anyone's usual wardrobe, but different strokes for different folks I guess. They look neat as a collectors edition on your shelf, but I can't imagine ever wearing them.post #14367 of 1932710/9/16 at 10:00amQuote:
thanks, I see your point but I do agree with backinthejox below, I'd not consider green and blue for a formal shoe no matter how rare they are..
But natural is looking more and more interesting specially with the patina it develops..Quote:
As per Chicago store, it will happen on 23rd Oct ( date might change). During the trunk show, SMU charges will be waived off and Natural, Bottle green, Navy and Ruby cordovan colors (special colors) will be available. you can give them a call to find out more..Quote:Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
Natural shell is beautiful in my opinion (scroll back a couple pages and see the natty shell Daltons I posted). As for green and blue, color me uninterested. I really can't fathom how a blue or green shoe would work into anyone's usual wardrobe, but different strokes for different folks I guess. They look neat as a collectors edition on your shelf, but I can't imagine ever wearing them.
Agree with you, that natural is beautiful, And also that green and blue ( specially green) are really collector's edition..and I can't use them in my rotation..
Not sure if natural cornwallis will look too similar to my u tip whiskey cordovan from Vass..post #14368 of 1932710/9/16 at 10:03ampost #14369 of 1932710/9/16 at 10:29amQuote:Originally Posted by watchidiot
Hi everyone! The original Allen Edmonds Appreciation thread is one of the biggest threads here at SF and has one of the biggest number of followers. It has grown so big that it's best to split the discussion into yearly threads so as not to negatively impact the loading speed of the thread,
As such I welcome you to the 2016 edition of the Allen Edmonds Appreciation thread.
As usual, the rules are simple. Keep the discussion related to Allen Edmonds, keep it clean and keep it respectful. We are just talking (mostly) about shoes here so there's no need for drama. Let's all have a good time!
I plan to create a list of important discussions from the original thread. If anyone would like to add to the list, just send me a PM and I can add them to the list below. I believe there will be a point when I can no longer edit this initial post so send me those llinks ASAP.
1. Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
2. Allen Edmonds MTO Thread
Let me start with some pictures of AEs in my rotationpost #14370 of 1932710/9/16 at 10:45amQuote:
Happened to have brown in my size. I wasn't ever really on the fence, I'm just an opportunist
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 9 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 26 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 33 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 42 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 48 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 54 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 57 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 59 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 hour ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...