I like to buy a pair of shoes from the countries I visit. I got a pair of Meermins when I was in Madrid last year. I'll probably get my Loakes when I finally get to England. I assume having a normal width foot makes it alot easier to guess on a size, but with B width feet, the struggle is real.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 2:28 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 935post #14011 of 1933410/4/16 at 6:17ampost #14012 of 1933410/4/16 at 6:20ampost #14013 of 1933410/4/16 at 6:36ampost #14014 of 1933410/4/16 at 6:51ampost #14015 of 1933410/4/16 at 7:25ampost #14016 of 1933410/4/16 at 7:57ampost #14017 of 1933410/4/16 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by St HubbinsQuote:Originally Posted by SLCRich
Switched it up for tonight and made it a Mora Monkstrap Monday
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I can't tell what we love more: shoes or alliterations.
Alliterations, obviously. Part of the reason I bought my merlot McAllisters was so I could participate in Merlot Monday.
I mean, it was a small factor out of many reasons, but it was a reason nonetheless.post #14018 of 1933410/4/16 at 8:51ampost #14019 of 1933410/4/16 at 8:54ampost #14020 of 1933410/4/16 at 9:29amQuote:
Tough call, because I really like a lot of my AE boots, especially the Brown Higgins Mill. However, they're not super-practical in warmer weather. So, for me it's a toss-up between my Cognac McTavish and my Oxblood Strand. Both look fantastic, but I think the McTavish is just a little more versatile for my everyday life. I can pair it with jeans or chinos. The Strand works best with chinos or dress pants, but I'm usually not wearing dress pants at work (except for days when I want to wear the Strands), and while I have worn the Strands with jeans, it just doesn't work as well there as the McTavish does.post #14021 of 1933410/4/16 at 9:34am@Buster Brown Even though you goofed on me in the past, I still like you and don't hold a grudge. All your other stuff is 9 or 8.5 - what specifically is 8.5? I have a park & MacNeil, 7D. MacNeil I'm pretty damn close to the end, maybe a thumbnail. The toebox started out painfully narrow but expanded considerably. The vamp, with the lacing...haven't noticed any changes to that at all. Unless you're overloaded with length I probably wouldn't go down. Personally I bet brannock (7.5C) would have been my optimal but it wasn't available. I think dropping the length won't do what you want.
What's with the used pairs? BCF was flooded with these, id think new should be readily available for the schautel.post #14022 of 1933410/4/16 at 9:58amJust visited my local AE store and they told me that the majority of their shoes will be 15% off. The McAllister, Fifth Avenue, Delray, Cornwallis and Leiden are the only popular models under 300. I feel like last year's RDA Sale was better because I remember more shoes being under 300. I still kind of like the regular Strandmok in tan. Might exchange my saddle suede ones for those since the dainite sole on the tan ones will help me more in the upcoming winter.post #14023 of 1933410/4/16 at 10:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Newberry
Just visited my local AE store and they told me that the majority of their shoes will be 15% off. The McAllister, Fifth Avenue, Delray, Cornwallis and Leiden are the only popular models under 300. I feel like last year's RDA Sale was better because I remember more shoes being under 300. I still kind of like the regular Strandmok in tan. Might exchange my saddle suede ones for those since the dainite sole on the tan ones will help me more in the upcoming winter.
Thanks. I don't have any inside info, but don't the outlets have their own sale in conjunction with RDA? I seem to recall that a good number of 2nds were sub $200. Including a big closeout of the BB branded ones at around $150. This outlet sale went live the day before the actual RDA one, if I recall correctly.post #14024 of 1933410/4/16 at 10:41am
I've cut down on the amount of bread I was eating and I lost a good size on my waste in about 6 weeks. The only downside is that my 36 belts feel a little too large now. I'm back to a true 32 size waste. The suede belt is the largest of all, and I should not have ordered a 36. Belts are tricky because they are not consistently the same size.post #14025 of 1933410/4/16 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Lobster33
I've cut down on the amount of bread I was eating and I lost a good size on my waste in about 6 weeks. The only downside is that my 36 belts feel a little too large now. I'm back to a true 32 size waste. The suede belt is the largest of all, and I should not have ordered a 36. Belts are tricky because they are not consistently the same size.
Congrats on getting healthier! Now get all of your pants tailored to force you into maintaining your current waste size.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Bow Ties 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Mazzarelli Fit - Their Standard Shirts? 8 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Price Drop - BNIB Vass Wingtip Boot MTO in Chestnut Inca Grain - F... 12 minutes ago
- › Tuxedo at my daytime wedding? 14 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...