Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/27/17 at 7:47pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 4:00 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 933post #13981 of 1933410/3/16 at 2:57pmpost #13982 of 1933410/3/16 at 3:03pmQuote:
I had that same problem but after some experimentation (and a $60 shipping charge to send a pair back), I've been very impressed with Crockett & Jones.post #13983 of 1933410/3/16 at 3:08pmpost #13984 of 1933410/3/16 at 3:29pmpost #13985 of 1933410/3/16 at 3:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by mdubya
According to pediwear, the 026 G fits a half size larger than the capital F. So what I posted above minus one half size.
Ps, try a 9.5EE 5 last and you might be pleasantly surprised. I am a 9D brannock and wore a 9E strand for the longest time before I realized how much better a 8.5EE/EEE felt. My experience is that people often wear shoes that are too long and too narrow.Quote:Originally Posted by RTD1
Interesting. Might be a little too late for me on the 65 lasts as I already have 3 pairs of Strands and 2 Fifth Aves. 2 of them are 10Ds - they killed my feet until I finally bought a shoe stretcher and tortured them, now they are ok. 3 of them are 10Es and they fit beautifully out of the box.
My favorite last across all makers is by far the Alden Barrie. In a 9.5D, it's like heaven for me.
Anyway, I went and ordered the Loake Badminton in a 9G. I'm worried about it being a little big, but it's the sort of shoe I'd probably wear with heavy socks anyway.
I am an 8.5D Barrie and 7.5 Capital meaning a 7.0 G 026. My advice to you if you are a 10 Brannock would be to order a 8.5 Badminton and even then it will likely be on the loose side.
I started out the same way you did - 9D 5-lasted shoes that killed me. Then 9E which I thought fit better before I realized they were a tad too long. Some foot pain issued caused me to re-evaluate and clear out almost all of my shoes that didn't fit quite right. That's when I realized I was a true 8.5 EE 5-last and 8.5D Barrie. Using these sizes makes it much easier to get recommendations for other shoe lasts online.post #13986 of 1933410/3/16 at 4:08pmpost #13987 of 1933410/3/16 at 4:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by orange fury
I'm very hesitant to move to brands of shoes I can't try on before buying. That's a primary reason I've never purchased anything from Meermin (even though their cigar shell MTO a couple weeks back was gorgeous...)
100% in agreement. The English brands are very alluring, but I can't manage to bring my self to pull the trigger for this reason. Maybe if I ever make a trip over there, I will buy something. There is an extremely small chance this will happen towards the end of the year for a conference, but I'm not holding out much hope as that would be a little to fantastic.post #13988 of 1933410/3/16 at 4:33pmpost #13989 of 1933410/3/16 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lobster33
Have you tried returning them? If they measured you at that size and they do not fit, I would assume it would be their responsibility to resolve this.
I'm strongly suggesting you return them because you are going to have a really hard time selling them for $345. I've bought new Park Aves for much less than that. Contact the main customer service center a few times if you need to and explain what happened. I would definitely push for them to resolve this.
I have not; I was under the impression that returns were not an option once they had been worn. Thanks for the advice though, I thought they retained their value better and that it would be possible to resell at that price. I will get in touch with the main customer service center and try to get them to resolve it.post #13990 of 1933410/3/16 at 5:13pmpost #13991 of 1933410/3/16 at 6:15pm
I've been on the road, and saw the RDA brochure in my son's mail when I arrived. Excuse the re-post, but it seems appropriate now and I have no time for anything else
I have a little monkey, who rides upon my back.
He’s usually well behaved and curls around my neck.
But suddenly he awakens and screams into my ear.
Its oxfords and boots he needs and it happens several times a year.
First he screamed on Father’s day, but loafers calmed him down.
But then he wanted shoetrees and belts in black and brown.
Same thing happened on Memorial day and this time it took two.
This monkey makes me buy things and I’m not sure what I should do.
My “Black Friday!!” mailer came and the monkey started to stir.
I knew he wanted boots and shoes and what would soon occur.
So I whipped out the credit card and called up A and E.
Two pairs were not enough for him and this time it took three.
“Rediscover America” the website said and my monkey wanted to play.
He told me to fill my cart with four pairs and I knew he’d get his way.
So I’ve learned to accept my monkey and we’ve been friends for quite a while.
I’m just grateful that my monkey has exquisite taste and style.post #13992 of 1933410/3/16 at 6:27pmpost #13993 of 1933410/3/16 at 6:32pmpost #13994 of 1933410/3/16 at 6:33pmQuote:
I'll say my AE x RL Sandersons. I'm a big wingtip fan, and these shoes are a beautiful walnut with nice burnishing. Despite the crummy leather on the R shoe (which is probably why they were seconds), I find myself trying to wear them whenever possible.post #13995 of 1933410/3/16 at 6:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by kbc1559
I have not; I was under the impression that returns were not an option once they had been worn. Thanks for the advice though, I thought they retained their value better and that it would be possible to resell at that price. I will get in touch with the main customer service center and try to get them to resolve it.
Normally you are right, but since you based your sizing on the advice of the sales rep you can likely get them to take a return. It may take some effort but worth it. you're unlikely to get anywhere near your asking price especially during the RDA sale. At the very least try and get the price difference back.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 14 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Alteration Limits? 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 5 minutes ago
- › Winter Clearance Tie & Scarf Sale (Drakes, Hober, Breuer and more) 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 13 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 14 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...