Just in case it wasn't clear from my post, I was referring to the Premium Conditioner that comes in the small jar, not the conditioner/cleaner.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 10:20 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 930post #13936 of 1933410/2/16 at 6:56pmpost #13937 of 1933410/2/16 at 7:50pmQuote:
Ahh, daughters are the best. Don't know how old yours is, but my 8 yo daughter seems convincingly interested in all of my clothes and shoes. She even entertains my pedantic dissertations as I try to impart what knowledge I have to her. A sheer delight.
She's even taken up a budding interest in sewing with which her grandmother is helping her. With any luck I'll have an in-house alterations tailor before too long.post #13938 of 1933410/2/16 at 7:53pm
Bahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha! Just wait until they're teenagers. I have a blended family....and we had three teen girls in the same house, each a year apart. They ARE good arbiters of fashion, though! I stopped running outfits past my wife, and straight to the middle daughter. Never fails me!post #13939 of 1933410/2/16 at 7:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Echoes14
Bahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha! Just wait until they're teenagers. I have a blended family....and we had three teen girls in the same house, each a year apart. They ARE good arbiters of fashion, though! I stopped running outfits past my wife, and straight to the middle daughter. Never fails me!
Well, I am not a fool... or at least not too much of a fool. I figure form strong bond with them now (I have two daughters), expect them to be nearly intolerable for a while (a decade, maybe), and then they'll come back to me once they've finished growing up.post #13940 of 1933410/2/16 at 8:15pm
PSA: The PRL Slanton, Sanderson, Shanley and Singleton are all 30% through tomorrow as part of the current Friends & Family promotion. Sure do still like the Sanderson (duh) but should I decide to buy another wingtip in the near future it will probably be the RDA priced McAllister.post #13941 of 1933410/2/16 at 9:48pmpost #13942 of 1933410/3/16 at 12:03amQuote:
All the discounts of which I know:
Doesn't apply now, but AE does run that $150 off around graduation time. Thats a package deal with a belt and trees if I'm not mistaken, but its off of full retail, and I'm not sure if the PA is one of the options.
Then there is the groom/groomsman thing they run, again not easily applicable.
And there is the $40 off Soles-for-Souls, that you could combine either the Amex offer, but again from full retail.
Lastly, you could look at if a mall offers a separate coupon that you could stack with the RDA sale, and order through an AE store within the associated mall. Tanger Outlets run those every so often.
Not much help but those are all I could think up.post #13943 of 1933410/3/16 at 5:18ampost #13944 of 1933410/3/16 at 5:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
Funny reading your thing about the Lunargrand - ironically I spent the whole day yesterday walking, etc. doing errands and for that, I'd only choose one pair, something more comfortable than most AEs -Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And to think I only bought these things on a whim...
Cowboy boots in Massachusetts? Brave man.post #13945 of 1933410/3/16 at 5:33ampost #13946 of 1933410/3/16 at 7:34ampost #13947 of 1933410/3/16 at 8:01amQuote:Originally Posted by St Hubbins
Anyone with the Odenwald in brown care to share pics? The brown and the black look good to me, but I would certainly get more use out of the brown color. I like the shape of them, but not 100% sure I love the toe and heel burnishing on the brown model. It would probably be fine as long as it's not too intense. Also, any sizing notes? Amazon reviews seem to think they run a bit large. Thanks!
I know some other people chimed in, but I've been out of town and am just catching up on forum posts. I bought the Odenwalds in brown. I'd wanted them for a long, long time. I thought they looked great and dug the burnishing. When they dropped the seconds price down ton $139, I had to jump on them. I got them in my standard boot size of 11.5D, but they were too big. I returned them to an outlet store that had an 11D and I think that was my mistake.
You see, that outlet center had the Higgins Mill on display. The next day, AE dropped the price on the HM down to $250. If they had stayed at $350, I would have kept the Odenwalds. But, for a little over $100 difference? To me, it was a no-brainer. The HMs were well more than $100 nicer than the Odenwalds. The HM ran truer to size for me, and I snagged brown firsts in 11.5D. I haven't regretted it for even one second. They fit better size-wise, feel better material-wise, and look better. Better. Better. Better.
The burnishing on the Odenwald was fine. I didn't think it was too ostentatious. The CXL was a little stiffer than the HM, but not much. The sole is leather and I like my boots to have some sort of grip due to inclement winters (and you and I share the same Chicago winters). I didn't like the fact that they didn't have speed hooks at the top, but you might not care. It was a good boot, but it wasn't as great as I was hoping it would be. So, if you're looking for a good, casual boot, they're fine. In baseball terms, it's a solid single that you might be able to stretch to a double. If you're looking for something great, look at the HM. In baseball terms, it was a total home run.
The HM is easily my favorite AE boot right now. Better than the Long Branch. Better than the Gobi. Better than the Normandy. If you're looking for a boot, it's the one to get. If you're looking at the Odenwald just because of the price point, it's a fine enough for the amount you're spending. I'm sure you'll like them. It's just, I don't think you'll love them the way folks here (myself included) seem to love the HM.post #13948 of 1933410/3/16 at 8:51ampost #13949 of 1933410/3/16 at 8:58ampost #13950 of 1933410/3/16 at 8:58am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 57 seconds ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors 3 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 10 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina UK6.5 half brogue 13 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...