or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 90

post #1336 of 17752

Great shoes so far this week, gents. I am a fan of the brown Normandy (and even more so, black), although reviews on the AE website are saying they are too unstructured and that the toe box dents easily. One guy, unbelievably, said he hiked 20 miles a day in them on a trip... with leather soles... he complained they had poor traction. :facepalm: 

 

The bourbon McAllisters are awesome shoes (someone posted a pic earlier) I have one pair of bourbon AE's, the Ft. Collins. They are the Flatiron with no medallion and a poron insole. Now I am wishing I had held out for a pair of bourbon Strands or McAllisters which could have recently been had for much less money than I paid for the other pair. Unfortunately, the budget police has clamped down after one too many shoe purchases this year and I am forced to sit by and watch some great styles fade into history. 

 

Chili Rutledge?! Very nice! Surely they have been polished with red-brown polish.

 

The color dark chili (or Bob's chili and now regular chili) is really growing on me since getting BB Warwicks. I noticed a couple odd Dark Chili strands on the shoebank, but they are not listed on the website. Is this combination now defunct?

post #1337 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolaman View Post

Am I the only one who doesn't like the Independence Line?  I have a pair of Williams in dark brown and they are my least favorite pair of AE I own.  The leather is soft, but that causes it to crease a lot.  Additionally, I find the double oak sole to be extremely uncomfortable.  I guess I need to list them on the 'bay.  9D if anyone is interested.

No +1 here. My Indy shoes are my favorites. It's like your foot is being gently hugged.
Not sure about the Williams, but all my Indys are single oak soles. No (or little) cushioning but comfy IMO.
post #1338 of 17752
Tim Hortons tea with my Dark Chili Franciscans earlier today

post #1339 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolaman View Post

Am I the only one who doesn't like the Independence Line?  I have a pair of Williams in dark brown and they are my least favorite pair of AE I own.  The leather is soft, but that causes it to crease a lot.  Additionally, I find the double oak sole to be extremely uncomfortable.  I guess I need to list them on the 'bay.  9D if anyone is interested.

I'm not a fan of them either...but they seem to get alot of love here, so I just roll with it...but no, you're not the only one.
Edited by harlequin782 - 3/2/16 at 3:59pm
post #1340 of 17752

What the heck, these might be the best offering from AE for the Spring I have seen and they don't even have them on the main site. I can't find any info on them but I would love to find out what last they are on. These are making me consider my first tassel loafer.

 

 

http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=85218326&prodFindSrc=search

 

 

post #1341 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

What the heck, these might be the best offering from AE for the Spring I have seen and they don't even have them on the main site. I can't find any info on them but I would love to find out what last they are on. These are making me consider my first tassel loafer.

Club Monaco has had several exclusive models that are amazing. They have a great looking suede Mora and two suede bucks (that aren't as loud with the red brick sole missing) that are great as well.
post #1342 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

What the heck, these might be the best offering from AE for the Spring I have seen and they don't even have them on the main site. I can't find any info on them but I would love to find out what last they are on. These are making me consider my first tassel loafer.

 

 

http://www.clubmonaco.com/product/index.jsp?productId=85218326&prodFindSrc=search

 

 


Club Monaco has had some really great offerings from AE over the past couple of seasons... Don't know why AE doesn't sell similar items on their site.

 

Unfortunately, last time I checked with club monaco, you can't get them in different widths... D width only :(

post #1343 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmy127 View Post


Club Monaco has had several exclusive models that are amazing. They have a great looking suede Mora and two suede bucks (that aren't as loud with the red brick sole missing) that are great as well.

 

Yeah they have a few exclusives that always seem to be just custom variations on existing models, like the suede Mora and Leeds you mentioned. They are noted in the description as such with "By Allen Edmonds exclusively for Club Monaco" and even have "Exclusively for Club Monaco" on the insole. These look like they could be a custom Acheson but I don't know why they would call it a different name. Interesting and if they are actually $325 CAD as noted on the .ca site (still says coming soon) they could be a steal.

post #1344 of 17752
Im hooked on AE shoes I'm reading this forum too much now. I saw a picture of President Obama and Coach Nick Saban today and the first thing I wanted to look at was their shoes. I look at a picture of some of Alabama players wearing walnut color shoes and I try to zoom in to see if any are AE. I've got it bad now.
post #1345 of 17752
My humble contribution to Walnut Wednesday. Bought these a few months ago as thirds from an eBay seller with whom many of you are likely familiar. They had a few tears, but I couldn't resist.

post #1346 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleman View Post

Im hooked on AE shoes I'm reading this forum too much now. I saw a picture of President Obama and Coach Nick Saban today and the first thing I wanted to look at was their shoes. I look at a picture of some of Alabama players wearing walnut color shoes and I try to zoom in to see if any are AE. I've got it bad now.

 

The next step in this addiction is when you begin to notice other people trying to act like they haven't noticed your shoes. That's when you know you look good.

post #1347 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleman View Post

Im hooked on AE shoes I'm reading this forum too much now. I saw a picture of President Obama and Coach Nick Saban today and the first thing I wanted to look at was their shoes. I look at a picture of some of Alabama players wearing walnut color shoes and I try to zoom in to see if any are AE. I've got it bad now.

Everybody knows Obama wears Air Jordans, purchased on a Chicago street market.
post #1348 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLiving View Post

The next step in this addiction is when you begin to notice other people trying to act like they haven't noticed your shoes. That's when you know you look good.

I noticed it for the first time this morning. Now I know that I really have it bad. It's time to get on AE website and dream.
post #1349 of 17752
I was in a training class the last two days. The instructor's shoes were a distraction because:
1. They needed to be polished.
2. They did not match his belt.
3. He wore the same shoes and belt both days.
post #1350 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post

I was in a training class the last two days. The instructor's shoes were a distraction because:
1. They needed to be polished.
2. They did not match his belt.
3. He wore the same shoes and belt both days.

3 deadly sins
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc