Holy shit guys, there's now a navy Park Ave and grey Strand on the website. Full retail price though. Navy Strands are also back, but again, full retail.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 7:40 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 885post #13261 of 193279/21/16 at 7:02pmpost #13262 of 193279/21/16 at 7:03pmQuote:
It looks like they are available now on the main AE site. Mystery solved.
And @SLCRich is going to love this. The Fifth Avenue and McAllister are now available in... wait for it... Oxblood.
Talk amongst yourselves.post #13263 of 193279/21/16 at 7:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by MattRiv
I use kiwi neutral on my Strands mostly, sometimes mixing in a dark brown for a moderate antique look.
Not sure if you know how to properly shine a shoe, but here is my method:
1. Apply leather conditioner (Bick 4 is what I mainly use, but also Saphir Renovateur or Lexol), let dry, then brush.
2. Apply shoe cream (I typically use Meltonian neutral on my walnut shoes, mixing in some AE walnut polish from time to time to add color), let dry and brush.
3. Apply a layer of wax polish, let dry and buff with a shine cloth or brush. For a new shoe, you can do this twice.
4. Apply additional coats of wax to the toe cap and heels to develop a nice shine. You can go for a spit shine for your last coat if you know how to do this.
After this, you should have a nice finish on the areas of the shoe that you beat up the most (toe cap/heels).
Assume, thanks for the guide!
Is this the right Kiwi wax/polish?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kiwi-Paste-Polish-Neutral/25289309post #13264 of 193279/21/16 at 7:09pmpost #13265 of 193279/21/16 at 7:26pmpost #13266 of 193279/21/16 at 7:36pmQuote:
I also see Midnight Navy and Grey Cornwallis and Grey St. John's. Not sure how practical these are, but generally all cool looking. IMO the Oxblood McAllister, Grey Strand and Midnight Navy Park Avenue are the coolest of the bunch.post #13267 of 193279/21/16 at 7:38pmQuote:
I pray there will be some kind of discount on the Park Aves. This is one of my dream shoes I've been waiting for, but 395 is a lot. Gonna sleep on this one and hope it's not gone after 3 days.post #13268 of 193279/21/16 at 7:40pmpost #13269 of 193279/21/16 at 7:46pmpost #13270 of 193279/21/16 at 7:48pmpost #13271 of 193279/21/16 at 7:51pmQuote:
How does one go about obtaining a pair of the Cornwallis in shell?post #13272 of 193279/21/16 at 7:53pmpost #13273 of 193279/21/16 at 7:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by RTD1Quote:Originally Posted by smfdoc
I think your satisfaction with the Boone will depend on why you are buying them and how you envision them in your wardrobe. I ordered a pair because I enjoyed my suede MacNeils. For me, their softness made them look more causal than I wanted. My biggest issue was the tight fit in the vamp. The shoes also closed poorly for my foot shape and left a very wide ga that exceeded my personal tolerance.
The suede MacNeil, in contrast, had more leather and the closure was more than sufficient.
Closure of similar calf shoes.
Given these issues I sent them back and I will keep my eyes open for something else.
Thanks for posting. They look blobbier than I thought.
BTW, what are those pebble grain wingtips in the last pic?
They are NOS Hanovers that were being worn for the first time today! I did a post about them at the vintage dress shoe thread. My shoes always look blobby cause they are EEE.post #13274 of 193279/21/16 at 8:00pmpost #13275 of 193279/21/16 at 8:09pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Son's birthday coming up! 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 15 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 25 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 27 minutes ago
- › Are enamel pins "in"? And how do you wear them? 32 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...