PSA: Park Ave Black Shell for sale in 9D from our ebay seller.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 7:00 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 883post #13232 of 193279/21/16 at 10:29ampost #13233 of 193279/21/16 at 10:53amQuote:
The lowest price that first quality current model shoes seem to go for is $150 off, so that would be $245 based on today's retail prices. As far as I've seen this only happens a couple of times per year at the Anniversary Sale and (coming soon) during the Rediscover America sale. However, the two models you have mentioned seem to receive more modest price reductions, presumably, due to their popularity. Keep your an eye out in the upcoming weeks. You might get lucky. The feeding frenzy... err, sale... begins in early October.post #13234 of 193279/21/16 at 11:48ampost #13235 of 193279/21/16 at 11:49amQuote:
Um, those are creases and are completely normal. Put some wax on those bad boys.post #13236 of 193279/21/16 at 11:51amQuote:Originally Posted by MattRivQuote:
Um, those are creases and are completely normal. Put some wax on those bad boys.
Which wax do you recommend?post #13237 of 193279/21/16 at 12:07pmThe factory seconds usually get marked down to $229 during sales. Some other mainline models, such as the Fifth Avenue, get marked down to $199.post #13238 of 193279/21/16 at 12:22pm
A VERY light application of Bick 4 ( or Lexol) may lessen those very minor creases, but creasing is going to happen no matter what. I would not use wax unless you want to put a hard shine (bulling) on those. The AE polish is (the squeeze tube) works well at putting a shine while not caking on layers of wax.post #13239 of 193279/21/16 at 12:29pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by St Hubbins
The lowest price that first quality current model shoes seem to go for is $150 off, so that would be $245 based on today's retail prices. As far as I've seen this only happens a couple of times per year at the Anniversary Sale and (coming soon) during the Rediscover America sale. However, the two models you have mentioned seem to receive more modest price reductions, presumably, due to their popularity. Keep your an eye out in the upcoming weeks. You might get lucky. The feeding frenzy... err, sale... begins in early October.
$260 during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale in July is probably the lowest price point that you will see for those shoes each year.post #13240 of 193279/21/16 at 12:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by FaRKle
Interesting there's so many of you RIT guys (@Middlife, @cc808314, @MrFlux, & @btgoalie91) on here. There's a decent amount of RIT guys at my company, and my RFG vendor (MKS-ENI) is full of RIT folks. Funny enough, an RIT EE professor approached me at Semicon West this summer just to ask if I knew certain RIT people at my company.
Which prof was it?!
Edited by Middlife - 9/21/16 at 12:53pmpost #13241 of 193279/21/16 at 1:47pmpost #13242 of 193279/21/16 at 2:06pmpost #13243 of 193279/21/16 at 2:18pmpost #13244 of 193279/21/16 at 2:37pmpost #13245 of 193279/21/16 at 2:49pmWhat do you guys think of Allen Edmonds's split toe offerings? I hope to add a pair to my collection, and like the Delray, but I would like a pair versatile enough to wear with either suits or casual clothes, and the Delray seems a little dressy, like if I were to take a pair to an out of town wedding I would also need to bring a second pair of more casual shoes. Is a chili LaSalle, which reminds me of the model that Peal makes for Brooks Brothers, appreciably more casual? Is it worthwhile to save up for a shall cordovan Bradley? The pictures I've seen of Bradleys make the stitching on the toe and apron look quite chunky, which looks awesome for casual wear, but might be too casual for a suit? What are your thoughts?
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 second ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Tom Ford Suit - Filleted and Gutted 2 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 2 minutes ago
- › Hypothetically speaking you could buy an existing set of clothing... 7 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 7 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 9 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...