Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:15 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 4:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:25 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 881post #13201 of 175609/20/16 at 7:09pmpost #13202 of 175609/20/16 at 7:12pmpost #13203 of 175609/20/16 at 7:20pmQuote:
I don't know what's more amusing. That:
1. I even remembered that.
2. Typing it into the iPad, the Wikipedia suggestion came up as "Imaginary Engineering (industrial engineering)"
3. Finding out on said page that my alma mater, where I learned that cute phrase, is ranked #1 in the field.
Good thing we have these advanced degrees to help us afford our crazy shoe obsession. Perhaps engineering colleges should consider changing their mascots to "the Filthy Barnweasels!"post #13204 of 175609/20/16 at 7:53pmpost #13205 of 175609/20/16 at 7:54pmpost #13206 of 175609/20/16 at 7:56pmpost #13207 of 175609/20/16 at 7:58pmpost #13208 of 175609/20/16 at 7:58pmpost #13209 of 175609/20/16 at 8:00pmpost #13210 of 175609/20/16 at 8:02pmpost #13211 of 175609/20/16 at 8:27pm
Ain't that the truth. The world has changed, right? You see people in suits and sneakers these days.
Had I not asked my lawyer friend what he recommended for quality and comfort, I might still be the same way I was for most of my adult life.post #13212 of 175609/20/16 at 9:21pm
Hey longwing blucher lovers, my NOS Hanovers arrived and are more than I hoped for. Fortunately, the give me more room than the MacNeil. As promised, I did a review of this vintage shoe and company at the Vintage thread (click here) and compared it to another vintage shoes from that same era. Come on by if such things are of interest. If not, carry on.Warning: Spoiler! Non-AE content (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! Non-AE content (Click to show)
Edited by smfdoc - 9/21/16 at 8:16ampost #13213 of 175609/20/16 at 9:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by mreams99Quote:I'm glad to see that these look so good.
Maybe the cat can come back in the house now!
Well she's lucky. She didn't have to use one of her nine lives.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost #13214 of 175609/20/16 at 9:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by mingus2112Quote:Originally Posted by Southwick
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks to everyone for their encouragement. I'm happy to report that the shoes look better than I thought they would, so as a result the cat's life is spared.
Again, thanks for the help, advice, and good humor!
This illustrates something that a lot of people can't understand until they see it. Sure, they're not perfect anymore, but what a transformation! Try fixing the same damage on some corrected grain clarks!
This definitely occurred to me as I was cleaning them up. There really is something to be said for buying quality. To top it off, I don't think I mentioned this, but I got them off the Bank for $147!! Plus, these shoes get compliments wherever I go, whether it's grocery shopping, a barbecue, or out at night.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost #13215 of 175609/20/16 at 9:51pm
Frankly, I'm amazed by the truth in this statement. I work at an airport, and you would not believe the number of otherwise well-dressed businessmen I see wearing HORRIBLE shoes.
That being said, I DID see a gentleman wearing a pair of blue Neumoks last week.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Navy Ragosta Field Jacket Size 50 5 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway