Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/24/17 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 881post #13201 of 193349/20/16 at 7:09pmpost #13202 of 193349/20/16 at 7:12pmpost #13203 of 193349/20/16 at 7:20pmQuote:
I don't know what's more amusing. That:
1. I even remembered that.
2. Typing it into the iPad, the Wikipedia suggestion came up as "Imaginary Engineering (industrial engineering)"
3. Finding out on said page that my alma mater, where I learned that cute phrase, is ranked #1 in the field.
Good thing we have these advanced degrees to help us afford our crazy shoe obsession. Perhaps engineering colleges should consider changing their mascots to "the Filthy Barnweasels!"post #13204 of 193349/20/16 at 7:53pmpost #13205 of 193349/20/16 at 7:54pmpost #13206 of 193349/20/16 at 7:56pmpost #13207 of 193349/20/16 at 7:58pmpost #13208 of 193349/20/16 at 7:58pmpost #13209 of 193349/20/16 at 8:00pmpost #13210 of 193349/20/16 at 8:02pmpost #13211 of 193349/20/16 at 8:27pm
Ain't that the truth. The world has changed, right? You see people in suits and sneakers these days.
Had I not asked my lawyer friend what he recommended for quality and comfort, I might still be the same way I was for most of my adult life.post #13212 of 193349/20/16 at 9:21pm
Hey longwing blucher lovers, my NOS Hanovers arrived and are more than I hoped for. Fortunately, the give me more room than the MacNeil. As promised, I did a review of this vintage shoe and company at the Vintage thread (click here) and compared it to another vintage shoes from that same era. Come on by if such things are of interest. If not, carry on.Warning: Spoiler! Non-AE content (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! Non-AE content (Click to show)
Edited by smfdoc - 9/21/16 at 8:16ampost #13213 of 193349/20/16 at 9:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by mreams99Quote:I'm glad to see that these look so good.
Maybe the cat can come back in the house now!
Well she's lucky. She didn't have to use one of her nine lives.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost #13214 of 193349/20/16 at 9:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by mingus2112Quote:Originally Posted by Southwick
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks to everyone for their encouragement. I'm happy to report that the shoes look better than I thought they would, so as a result the cat's life is spared.
Again, thanks for the help, advice, and good humor!
This illustrates something that a lot of people can't understand until they see it. Sure, they're not perfect anymore, but what a transformation! Try fixing the same damage on some corrected grain clarks!
This definitely occurred to me as I was cleaning them up. There really is something to be said for buying quality. To top it off, I don't think I mentioned this, but I got them off the Bank for $147!! Plus, these shoes get compliments wherever I go, whether it's grocery shopping, a barbecue, or out at night.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost #13215 of 193349/20/16 at 9:51pm
Frankly, I'm amazed by the truth in this statement. I work at an airport, and you would not believe the number of otherwise well-dressed businessmen I see wearing HORRIBLE shoes.
That being said, I DID see a gentleman wearing a pair of blue Neumoks last week.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Recent purchases - Part II 35 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 39 seconds ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...