or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 879

post #13171 of 17753
Curiousity question, where do I go to edit my signature? I can't seem to find that.
post #13172 of 17753
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey14 View Post

Curiousity question, where do I go to edit my signature? I can't seem to find that.

It's about half way down your profile page... at least it was for me.

post #13173 of 17753
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post
 


The CAC is just the central warehouse.  It supplies all the outlets.  As the basically only ship product, when you order from them, they will not "pick" you out a nice one.  There is no shoe conspiracy.  

 

If a shoe is at the CAC, you can call an outlet and have them order the shoe from the CAC to their store, and then have them look it over.

 

Edit: In more detail, all seconds (weather returns or straight from factory quality control) go to the CAC, the CAC sends seconds to the outlets.  You can't physically shop at the CAC because its a warehouse and not set up as a store.  Hence they built a ShoeBank store at the location.

Ok this is good info I did not know I could have my local Shoebank order the shoes from the CAC for me to try and inspect.

 

I hope I did not imply that I thought there was a "shoe conspiracy" that was not what I meant at all.

 

What you are saying seems reasonable the CAC is just a stockhouse for the Shoebanks. But I wonder how they decide what they list online as CAC and what goes to Shoebanks that is yet again listed online.

post #13174 of 17753

Looks like I will be skipping RDA sale... And hopefully I found my new Dalton size. Or, worse case my new size with a road warriors insert. This slightly makes up for passing on brown shell Dundees last month. I'm not the biggest fan of the contrast welt, but figure these can be darkened down the road, if needed.

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

post #13175 of 17753
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

Looks like I will be skipping RDA sale... And hopefully I found my new Dalton size. Or, worse case my new size with a road warriors insert. This slightly makes up for passing on brown shell Dundees last month. I'm not the biggest fan of the contrast welt, but figure these can be darkened down the road, if needed.
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2


Those look nice! Where did you snag those from? Cordovan?
post #13176 of 17753

I just received a tracking number today for my new black shell cordovan MacNeils.  I ordered them almost 8 weeks ago.  I am really looking forward to finally getting them.  They should be here Thursday.  I'll post some pics after they arrive. 

post #13177 of 17753
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey14 View Post

Those look nice! Where did you snag those from? Cordovan?

 

New, off the 'bay. They better be cordovan.

post #13178 of 17753
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeBrooklyn View Post

For what it's worth, I have a pair of brown Madison Avenues, and I love them. If they were made specifically for Nordstrom Rack, I have not been able to discern a pronounced difference in quality.
They're a Nordstrom exclusive, not NR. The rack might get old stock or returns. I think these are the exclusives, although I'm probably missing some:
Nordstrom - Bainbridge, Clifton, Leawood, Madison Park, Neumok in Acorn Hillfire
NR - 6th Ave, Boardwalk, Madison Ave, Riverside

And some may be cross-branded? Maybe all start at Nordstrom and get shipped to NR?
post #13179 of 17753
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

New, off the 'bay. They better be cordovan.

Very nice, just looked them up. That seller always seems to have some pretty rough examples. This pair doesn't seem too bad however. Maybe I should start looking at their listings a little closer.

Curious, why did you say "Better be cordovan"? The listing and sole denote that information. I however didn't know, hence why I asked.
post #13180 of 17753
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey14 View Post

Very nice, just looked them up. That seller always seems to have some pretty rough examples. This pair doesn't seem too bad however. Maybe I should start looking at their listings a little closer.

Curious, why did you say "Better be cordovan"? The listing and sole denote that information. I however didn't know, hence why I asked.

 

I have mixed feelings about NW shoes. I feel the brand new listings might be hiding structural issues and I struggle with hoping on the used (at least by a "stranger") bandwagon. So, I prefer the ones that look like they were extended try-ons.

 

"Better be"... cause they are listed/labeled as cordovan. And I paid cordovan prices for them. (Not that I have any reason to believe they aren't. That seller is usually pretty up front about everything. At least anything that is visible.)

post #13181 of 17753
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

I have mixed feelings about NW shoes. I feel the brand new listings might be hiding structural issues and I struggle with hoping on the used (at least by a "stranger") bandwagon. So, I prefer the ones that look like they were extended try-ons.

"Better be"... cause they are listed/labeled as cordovan. And I paid cordovan prices for them. (Not that I have any reason to believe they aren't. That seller is usually pretty up front about everything. At least anything that is visible.)

Makes sense I just didn't want you to perceive my curiousity as criticism. They appeared to be cordovan but from the pic I wasn't 100% sure. They look quite nice and I am actually fond of that natural welt. Goes good together and like you said if it doesn't grow on you it is certainly more likely to darken than it is to lighten. At least in my experience.
post #13182 of 17753

Anyone know who the Dark Chili Mora 2.0s are made for? I was told this was offered earlier in the year though I honestly didn't remember it being part of the chili sale.

post #13183 of 17753
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post
 

Looks like I will be skipping RDA sale... And hopefully I found my new Dalton size. Or, worse case my new size with a road warriors insert. This slightly makes up for passing on brown shell Dundees last month. I'm not the biggest fan of the contrast welt, but figure these can be darkened down the road, if needed.

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

As much as I like natural/antique welts, that's a bit too light for my tastes. Nothing some Chili edge dressing shouldn't remedy though.

post #13184 of 17753
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2511 View Post
 

Anyone know who the Dark Chili Mora 2.0s are made for? I was told this was offered earlier in the year though I honestly didn't remember it being part of the chili sale.

 

I also saw a pair of the Exchange Place in Dark Chili up on the Shoe Bank, and this was making me wonder about the origins of such shoes (i.e. those made up in colors other than what are normally offered for a particular model). Maybe they are just getting ready to do some Dark Chili web gems?

post #13185 of 17753
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle View Post

As much as I like natural/antique welts, that's a bit too light for my tastes. Nothing some Chili edge dressing shouldn't remedy though.

As the shell lightens and edge darkens, I think they'll be fine. But a little chili to help that along isn't bad either.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc