Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 872  

post #13066 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post

Is it possible to get AE to make a shoe in a leather they carry but not in that style or no? Would love a brown cordovan Dalton - they make the patriot, dundee and a few others in brown cordovan but not the dalton. 
They should be able to do this with cordovan.
But....it has been reported that not all sales associates are aware of this.
Good luck!
post #13067 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry View Post



Wow! Found a pair of Mojave chukkas at the Rack in my size for $70. To bad I already have my Gobis that look similar 😕

 

Which store did you find those in? Just returned a pair a the Christiana Mall location in DE.

post #13068 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc S View Post

Alrighty gentlemen, another question for y'all.

Below are some photos of my Fifth Avenues from the Shoebank, which are my first pair and were purchased a few months ago.

To get the size right for these, I went into an AE Retail store. I was sized 11C in the right foot on the Brannock, but the left foot is closer to 10.5. On that day, I had wider pants on, more traditional than I usually wear, and they had a full break. So I wasn't even looking at the ankle area; it was covered up. 11C is incredibly comfortable for me in the 65 last.

Most importantly, I am COMPLETELY flat footed. I think that is where my problem lies.

I wore these shows in to the AE store on another day, and after talking to an SA was given tongue pads. These photos are taken with the tongue pads in, although the I can lace them up tighter and probably should have for the photos:













I truly think that the bulging in the ankles would be eliminated if I had an arch in my foot. If I physically arch my foot I can see them start it go away.

SO - what would you guys recommend? Heel pads? Insoles that cover the heel and arch only? Other insoles? (There are some called "flat fix" by Profoot)

OR - and I am afraid of this - did I just buy 2 pairs of 65 last AE shoes in the wrong size? Haha...I am very scared of that option. But they are comfy in the toe box and heel, with no heel slip, so there's that.

Finally - any fellow flat-foots here?

I am somewhat flat footed. My Brannock size is 8.5C and I get similar type of bowing on the 65 last in this size. I have to go down to 8D to avoid the bowing and it's much more comfortable. I can even go to 7.5E, if I wanted to do. Try 10.5D the next time you are in the store. I am not sure there much you can do to fix the bowing effect. As you can see in the pictures, your feet are pushing the sides out.
post #13069 of 19334

I wouldn't keep those with the bowing.  They are either ill-fitting, badly lasted or both.

post #13070 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

I wouldn't keep those with the bowing.  They are either ill-fitting, badly lasted or both.

Unfortunately, they were my first AE pair and I went strictly off of comfort....and they have probably been worn 10 times or so, so I doubt AE customer service will care to hear my sob story and return them 😁

I could always sell them but they are just so new...womp womp.
post #13071 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc808314 View Post

I am somewhat flat footed. My Brannock size is 8.5C and I get similar type of bowing on the 65 last in this size. I have to go down to 8D to avoid the bowing and it's much more comfortable. I can even go to 7.5E, if I wanted to do. Try 10.5D the next time you are in the store. I am not sure there much you can do to fix the bowing effect. As you can see in the pictures, your feet are pushing the sides out.

Interesting! Thanks for chiming in too. It was a while ago, but I do recall trying on 10.5D in the 65 and the toe box on the right shoe was too tight on my pinky toe.

Aftee all this thinking, I wonder if a B width would be better because of empty space around my skinny ankles...interesting to hear wider, not narrower, may help with the bowing!

To make things even more interesting...I recently ordered in and tried on the following sizes in Mora 2.0 (8 last):

10.5D
11B
11D
11.5B

and the most comfortable I felt was the 11.5 B. With both straps ALL the way tight, I also get barely any bowing so that's great.

I'll post pics tonight or tomorrow and see what y'all think.

Thanks to everyone for your help.
post #13072 of 19334
Daytime football watching Rich rocks Strandmoks. Nighttime football watching Rich rocks MacNeil 2.0. They both wear the same pants however...
post #13073 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

After intense pressure from @St Hubbins
I bought a ticket to today's movie of Dr. Strangelove.




I was really tempted, as a tribute to the cold warriors, to wear my 1969 vintage Florsheim LWBs. But I opted for Shreveports for comfort.



Nice. I went to the 2pm showing near me and, to say the least, it wasn't well attended. There was one other person in the theater with me. Oh well, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I swear just about every second of that film is golden.

Next month is The Shining. I'll probably go to see that, too.
post #13074 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc S View Post


Unfortunately, they were my first AE pair and I went strictly off of comfort....and they have probably been worn 10 times or so, so I doubt AE customer service will care to hear my sob story and return them 😁

I could always sell them but they are just so new...womp womp.

 

Apologies - I'm out of the country and guilty of scanning. I'd try the bar-lacing then - I had a pair of Shannon Drives that did that and bar-lacing helped, though ultimately AE customer service exchanged them.  

 

It is still worth a call IMHO - you don't have expectations since you wore them, but they might surprise you.

post #13075 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

Apologies - I'm out of the country and guilty of scanning. I'd try the bar-lacing then - I had a pair of Shannon Drives that did that and bar-lacing helped, though ultimately AE customer service exchanged them.  

It is still worth a call IMHO - you don't have expectations since you wore them, but they might surprise you.

No problem, I appreciate the response!

Dang that's a good point. Doesn't hurt to ask. I feel the issue has gotten worse but as I said I really didn't look closely the first couple of wears.

Do you recommend sending an email with pictures or calling them or both?
post #13076 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc S View Post



No problem, I appreciate the response!



Dang that's a good point. Doesn't hurt to ask. I feel the issue has gotten worse but as I said I really didn't look closely the first couple of wears.



Do you recommend sending an email with pictures or calling them or both?

 



I'd take pictures and call or use the chat on the website. They'll wind up telling you to email them. You clearly know your feet (volume, etc.) so tell them the deal and see what happens.
post #13077 of 19334

Did anyone find that Interstate 90 tends to be on the larger side? I wear a 7 standard (did the measurement in one of the Allen Edmonds store), but the driving shoe is simply too long for me, need half size smaller

post #13078 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilence View Post

Did anyone find that Interstate 90 tends to be on the larger side? I wear a 7 standard (did the measurement in one of the Allen Edmonds store), but the driving shoe is simply too long for me, need half size smaller
I have an I-90, and wear the same size as I do in the 65 last. It fits a little shorter than my 65-last shoes though.
post #13079 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post


I have an I-90, and wear the same size as I do in the 65 last. It fits a little shorter than my 65-last shoes though.


hmm without feeling slippery for the heel? Other AE shoes fits me fine with 7 D

post #13080 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc S View Post

No problem, I appreciate the response!

Dang that's a good point. Doesn't hurt to ask. I feel the issue has gotten worse but as I said I really didn't look closely the first couple of wears.

Do you recommend sending an email with pictures or calling them or both?

I'll second what @M635Guy said- I wore the last pair of Patriots I had 4 or 5 times, and called AE because my feet were bleeding. The person I spoke to told me they would only do it that one time for me, but they did issue me a credit (which I used on Cavanaughs). I wasn't expecting them to take the shoes back, but as was stated earlier, you never know.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc