Those look real nice with the red laces. Probably better than the tan ones...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/27/17 at 7:47pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 3/28/17 at 4:00pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 863post #12932 of 193349/15/16 at 10:56pm
Walnut McAllister for $150 off is on the top of my list unless I do something between now and then to deplete my slush fund. Even though I have absolutely no need for another wingtip. Just want more walnut and think it looks best in a half or full brogue.post #12933 of 193349/15/16 at 11:04pmAt the end of the day, it's probably good that I have a wife, kids, and dogs to soak up all of my income. Otherwise, I'd be on one of those hoarder shows, but instead of a house of squalor, it would be stuffed to the rafters with clothes and shoes.post #12934 of 193349/15/16 at 11:12pmpost #12935 of 193349/15/16 at 11:26pm
Yes, I absolutely would. Somehow I once found myself watching a video of an NBA player going through his walk-in closet full of basketball shoes. I would have something similar to that but just dress shoes, boots, chukkas and a dozen or so pairs of PUMA and Adidas... still love a good retro looking fashion sneaker. Then another room dedicated to fly fishing paraphernalia, one full of photography equipment and computers, one full of books and yet another full of musical instruments that I couldn't play. Too many fascinating things out there to just ignore.post #12936 of 193349/15/16 at 11:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by St Hubbins
Yes, I absolutely would. Somehow I once found myself watching a video of an NBA player going through his walk-in closet full of basketball shoes. I would have something similar to that but just dress shoes, boots, chukkas and a dozen or so pairs of PUMA and Adidas... still love a good retro looking fashion sneaker. Then another room dedicated to fly fishing paraphernalia, one full of photography equipment and computers, one full of books and yet another full of musical instruments that I couldn't play. Too many fascinating things out there to just ignore.
So..... if not for your family you'd be on an episode of hoarders. Except newspapers and egg cartons, it would be all high end stuff.
I feel you on that, brother.
Edit: Oops you said the same thing. Insomnia slowing me down.post #12937 of 193349/16/16 at 3:32amQuote:
I was about to respond but ace beat me to it as usual - please don't unload the tan - I normally won't get more than one of a style unless it's something I think is just so above and beyond. I own three of the McTavish - only style where I have 3. And the only reason I never got tan is because by the time I went looking, everything I came across was beat to shit or badly mismatched colors, etc. My cognac looks like your "mistake" thing too, but if if I had found a good looking tan pair I totally would have picked that up too. Don't get me wrong, the Neumok 1.0 is pretty awesome, but it ain't no McTavish.post #12938 of 193349/16/16 at 4:51ampost #12939 of 193349/16/16 at 5:32ampost #12940 of 193349/16/16 at 5:48am
So my walnut Daltons arrived the other day from the bank and they look GREAT. A little bit of striping on the side of one of the caps, but its not real noticeable and everything else looks perfect. The color seems to be a bit more on the orange side of walnut, but I'm ok with it.
Question: anyone have some good lace suggestions for this boot? The default brown laces it comes with are ok, but they dont really do much for it. Maybe thats the point though. Maybe a round black lace with a little more thickness? Open to suggestions. Thanks!post #12941 of 193349/16/16 at 7:10ampost #12942 of 193349/16/16 at 7:18ampost #12943 of 193349/16/16 at 7:30amQuote:
You pushed me over the ledge with this picture. I just put in an order for a pair of these along with some grey suede Strandmoks. FBWs!
Edited by Middlife - 9/16/16 at 7:59ampost #12944 of 193349/16/16 at 7:35ampost #12945 of 193349/16/16 at 7:37am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Introduce yourself. 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...