Those look real nice with the red laces. Probably better than the tan ones...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 7:40 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 863post #12932 of 193279/15/16 at 10:56pm
Walnut McAllister for $150 off is on the top of my list unless I do something between now and then to deplete my slush fund. Even though I have absolutely no need for another wingtip. Just want more walnut and think it looks best in a half or full brogue.post #12933 of 193279/15/16 at 11:04pmpost #12934 of 193279/15/16 at 11:12pmpost #12935 of 193279/15/16 at 11:26pm
Yes, I absolutely would. Somehow I once found myself watching a video of an NBA player going through his walk-in closet full of basketball shoes. I would have something similar to that but just dress shoes, boots, chukkas and a dozen or so pairs of PUMA and Adidas... still love a good retro looking fashion sneaker. Then another room dedicated to fly fishing paraphernalia, one full of photography equipment and computers, one full of books and yet another full of musical instruments that I couldn't play. Too many fascinating things out there to just ignore.post #12936 of 193279/15/16 at 11:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by St Hubbins
Yes, I absolutely would. Somehow I once found myself watching a video of an NBA player going through his walk-in closet full of basketball shoes. I would have something similar to that but just dress shoes, boots, chukkas and a dozen or so pairs of PUMA and Adidas... still love a good retro looking fashion sneaker. Then another room dedicated to fly fishing paraphernalia, one full of photography equipment and computers, one full of books and yet another full of musical instruments that I couldn't play. Too many fascinating things out there to just ignore.
So..... if not for your family you'd be on an episode of hoarders. Except newspapers and egg cartons, it would be all high end stuff.
I feel you on that, brother.
Edit: Oops you said the same thing. Insomnia slowing me down.post #12937 of 193279/16/16 at 3:32amQuote:
I was about to respond but ace beat me to it as usual - please don't unload the tan - I normally won't get more than one of a style unless it's something I think is just so above and beyond. I own three of the McTavish - only style where I have 3. And the only reason I never got tan is because by the time I went looking, everything I came across was beat to shit or badly mismatched colors, etc. My cognac looks like your "mistake" thing too, but if if I had found a good looking tan pair I totally would have picked that up too. Don't get me wrong, the Neumok 1.0 is pretty awesome, but it ain't no McTavish.post #12938 of 193279/16/16 at 4:51ampost #12939 of 193279/16/16 at 5:32ampost #12940 of 193279/16/16 at 5:48am
So my walnut Daltons arrived the other day from the bank and they look GREAT. A little bit of striping on the side of one of the caps, but its not real noticeable and everything else looks perfect. The color seems to be a bit more on the orange side of walnut, but I'm ok with it.
Question: anyone have some good lace suggestions for this boot? The default brown laces it comes with are ok, but they dont really do much for it. Maybe thats the point though. Maybe a round black lace with a little more thickness? Open to suggestions. Thanks!post #12941 of 193279/16/16 at 7:10ampost #12942 of 193279/16/16 at 7:18ampost #12943 of 193279/16/16 at 7:30amQuote:
You pushed me over the ledge with this picture. I just put in an order for a pair of these along with some grey suede Strandmoks. FBWs!
Edited by Middlife - 9/16/16 at 7:59ampost #12944 of 193279/16/16 at 7:35ampost #12945 of 193279/16/16 at 7:37am
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 1 minute ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 16 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Can you help verify if this cashmere kiton sweater is authentic? 27 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...