Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 858  

post #12856 of 19334
I wonder if the size 15 McNeils in the ShoeBank are the ones I returned a couple of weeks ago? If so, I bought them as firsts, and returned them without wearing them outdoors, so they would be in great condition of anybody out there is in the market.
post #12857 of 19334
Wow, thanks for all the advice, gents. I suppose I will find a speciality shop here in NYC to get fitted properly and buy from there.

Rather excited to be able to run again. It's been 3 years. Finally got the OK from my doctor and physical therapist. smile.gif
post #12858 of 19334
@peppercorn78 I have a ton of trouble in this area still - I vote for 993s (heavy still) or brooks. NOT the sojourner even if the price drops to a penny.
post #12859 of 19334
Not to quote myself, but I should specify: they are McNeil 1.0s and are selling for $97.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeBrooklyn View Post

I wonder if the size 15 McNeils in the ShoeBank are the ones I returned a couple of weeks ago? If so, I bought them as firsts, and returned them without wearing them outdoors, so they would be in great condition of anybody out there is in the market.
post #12860 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc808314 View Post

First day for these. Wearing Dainite soles for the first time, and they are a son of a gun. Hopefully they get better as I break them in. Have good day everyone!

 

I totally understand.  While Dainite is very supportive, which is great, it's also pretty rough.  I once went walking for an entire day in my Clarks and it was rough on my feet a bit.  No serious pain, but enough to make me realize that Dainite isn't really designed for that. Still, it's better than a super soft sole.  When it comes time to recraft, I'm probably going to choose some type of leather sole.  Dainite I think is much better suited for boots.

post #12861 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post

I totally understand.  While Dainite is very supportive, which is great, it's also pretty rough.  I once went walking for an entire day in my Clarks and it was rough on my feet a bit.  No serious pain, but enough to make me realize that Dainite isn't really designed for that. Still, it's better than a super soft sole.  When it comes time to recraft, I'm probably going to choose some type of leather sole.  Dainite I think is much better suited for boots.

My feet must be weird lol- I have 2 shoes on Dainite (1776's and Strands), and neither has ever been uncomfortable for me.
post #12862 of 19334
Taking my natty HM's on their maiden voyage - flight from yyz to yvr. Walnut Strands are in the bag.

a04476db7062c9000d567de70cf80b92.jpg
post #12863 of 19334
cdd681229128d58832f5f3ba123753fd.jpg

Maiden AE shell voyage. Would properly christen, but champagne bottles are hard and just think of all the water dimples.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #12864 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkebh979 View Post

cdd681229128d58832f5f3ba123753fd.jpg

Maiden AE shell voyage. Would properly christen, but champagne bottles are hard and just think of all the water dimples.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention wasting the champagne.

post #12865 of 19334

It's Throwback Thursday (c) which called for black Saddlehorn leather, PTB Fultons with Othello soles, exposed eyelets, padded insole and contrast stitching. The three leaves on the ground represent all of the "fall" Los Angeles will receive.

 

post #12866 of 19334


Wow! Found a pair of Mojave chukkas at the Rack in my size for $70. To bad I already have my Gobis that look similar 😕
post #12867 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange fury View Post

My feet must be weird lol- I have 2 shoes on Dainite (1776's and Strands), and neither has ever been uncomfortable for me.

I pretty much distroyed both of my feet when I used to play soccer. The Dainite soles are really pushing in the wrong spots, but they have already gotten better in half a day that I have had them on. Nevertheless, I still prefer harder soles to the soft gumlite-type soles.

I better get used to them, as I have the HM and First Ave boots waiting for the cooler weather.
post #12868 of 19334

Time to solicit your opinions once again. Let's play "What Shoe Should I Buy?"

 

As a reminder... here is the existing fleet.

 

 

While I am very sure that I still want them, I was pretty convinced that I want the Club Monaco Suede Leeds (in what CM calls "Sand").

 

For reference:

 

 

But, now I've been tempted by the sale price on the Nordstrom-exclusive Neumok in Acorn Hilfire.

 

For reference...

 

 

 

Cost being equal here, the decision must be made on other factors... factors such as fit, functionality, etc.

 

 

Without drawing out the question, what do you think would make the most sense as a next purchase knowing that I dig them both and might miss out on one while my slush fund replenishes itself after having purchased the other?

post #12869 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry View Post



Wow! Found a pair of Mojave chukkas at the Rack in my size for $70. To bad I already have my Gobis that look similar 😕

 

I see shoe boxes there, so I am guessing you are not in the Schaumburg Rack.

post #12870 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Hubbins View Post

Time to solicit your opinions once again. Let's play "What Shoe Should I Buy?"

As a reminder... here is the existing fleet.




While I am very sure that I still want them, I was pretty convinced that I want the Club Monaco Suede Leeds (in what CM calls "Sand").

For reference:





But, now I've been tempted by the sale price on the Nordstrom-exclusive Neumok in Acorn Hilfire.

For reference...






Cost being equal here, the decision must be made on other factors... factors such as fit, functionality, etc.


Without drawing out the question, what do you think would make the most sense as a next purchase knowing that I dig them both and might miss out on one while my slush fund replenishes itself after having purchased the other?

Personal opinion is the Acorn Hillfore Neumok. Much as I'm not a fan of the new colors AE came out with this season, I really, really like the AH
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc