Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/27/17 at 7:47pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 4:00 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 847post #12691 of 193349/13/16 at 5:56pmpost #12692 of 193349/13/16 at 6:27pmpost #12693 of 193349/13/16 at 6:29pmpost #12694 of 193349/13/16 at 6:36pmQuote:
Here you go...
Ummm.... Her name's not Hillary, is it?post #12695 of 193349/13/16 at 6:44pmpost #12696 of 193349/13/16 at 6:48pmQuote:If it was, I'd be in the S Bemer and/or Testoni thread hahaOriginally Posted by RichieP
Here you go...
Ummm.... Her name's not Hillary, is it?post #12697 of 193349/13/16 at 6:50pmpost #12698 of 193349/13/16 at 6:52pmpost #12699 of 193349/13/16 at 6:53pmpost #12700 of 193349/13/16 at 6:55pm
How do you guys handle shoes and travel?
I'm new to proper shoes, but not to travel.
Here's my dilemma, I finally have my starter-set of AE's and am about to spend a week away at a conference and in meetings. In the past, I would have tried to wear one pair and pack another that goes with a bunch of outfits.
Now, I'd like to not wear a good pair too many days in a row, and I'd also like to be out in my new shoes.
I won't be wearing any suits. It will be chinos and jeans with shirts most of the time, a few meetings will call for a sportcoat.
I can make a case for the navy neumok, the natty HM, and the walnut strands. But that seems like a lot of shoes...
It's a 5 hour direct flight.
My usual flying shoes are a pair of vans or some Clarks driving mocossins.
The boots might be a bit much for a long-ish flight, but also large to pack.
Do you guys bring trees for each pair?post #12701 of 193349/13/16 at 6:57pmpost #12702 of 193349/13/16 at 6:58pmpost #12703 of 193349/13/16 at 6:59pmQuote:Yup. Belt looks in between but still walnut. I'd use it for both.Originally Posted by Marc S
Hey guys, could I get your opinion on how well this Manistee belt matches either of these AEs?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #12704 of 193349/13/16 at 7:03pmQuote:I saw that some Montana belts just popped back up the clearance section, including your size 34. It may not look like your size is there at first. If not, click on one of the other sizes and it should show up. And if that doesn't work, try calling a store.Originally Posted by alexnb
Hey guys -- hoping to get some advice on finding a belt to buy that matches my new Bainbridge shoes exclusive to Nordstrom.
I'll be wearing these probably exclusively with jeans, so a more casual style belt is preferred. The belt could be AE, but could be from somewhere else too. I went to my local Nordstrom rack, and didn't even get close, so I'm hoping you guys can help!
Here's a stock picture and a "real world" picture of them. (Though, I will say, the stock photo is pretty accurate)
Thanks!post #12705 of 193349/13/16 at 7:04pmQuote:
Thanks. Better question....would that belt be something I could wear with both? The more I think about it the less I am in love with the heavy brouging on the Manistee...think a plain Walnut belt might fit me better. But color wise, I'm thinking that Manistee could pass with both shoes...maybe?
I guess long story short I'm contemplating getting a Walnut Dearborn belt or a darker Walnut plain belt to wear with both. Or maybe, a Bourbon Dearborn to wear with both...
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › YYPH AW16 WOOL BALLOON TROUSERS 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 8 minutes ago
- › sugar cane 8 minutes ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 11 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 16 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...