Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 12/8/16 at 6:27am in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:13 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 847post #12692 of 178309/13/16 at 6:27pmpost #12693 of 178309/13/16 at 6:29pmpost #12694 of 178309/13/16 at 6:36pmQuote:
Here you go...
Ummm.... Her name's not Hillary, is it?post #12695 of 178309/13/16 at 6:44pmpost #12696 of 178309/13/16 at 6:48pmQuote:If it was, I'd be in the S Bemer and/or Testoni thread hahaOriginally Posted by RichieP
Here you go...
Ummm.... Her name's not Hillary, is it?post #12697 of 178309/13/16 at 6:50pmpost #12698 of 178309/13/16 at 6:52pmpost #12699 of 178309/13/16 at 6:53pmpost #12700 of 178309/13/16 at 6:55pm
How do you guys handle shoes and travel?
I'm new to proper shoes, but not to travel.
Here's my dilemma, I finally have my starter-set of AE's and am about to spend a week away at a conference and in meetings. In the past, I would have tried to wear one pair and pack another that goes with a bunch of outfits.
Now, I'd like to not wear a good pair too many days in a row, and I'd also like to be out in my new shoes.
I won't be wearing any suits. It will be chinos and jeans with shirts most of the time, a few meetings will call for a sportcoat.
I can make a case for the navy neumok, the natty HM, and the walnut strands. But that seems like a lot of shoes...
It's a 5 hour direct flight.
My usual flying shoes are a pair of vans or some Clarks driving mocossins.
The boots might be a bit much for a long-ish flight, but also large to pack.
Do you guys bring trees for each pair?post #12701 of 178309/13/16 at 6:57pmpost #12702 of 178309/13/16 at 6:58pmpost #12703 of 178309/13/16 at 6:59pmQuote:Yup. Belt looks in between but still walnut. I'd use it for both.Originally Posted by Marc S
Hey guys, could I get your opinion on how well this Manistee belt matches either of these AEs?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #12704 of 178309/13/16 at 7:03pmQuote:I saw that some Montana belts just popped back up the clearance section, including your size 34. It may not look like your size is there at first. If not, click on one of the other sizes and it should show up. And if that doesn't work, try calling a store.Originally Posted by alexnb
Hey guys -- hoping to get some advice on finding a belt to buy that matches my new Bainbridge shoes exclusive to Nordstrom.
I'll be wearing these probably exclusively with jeans, so a more casual style belt is preferred. The belt could be AE, but could be from somewhere else too. I went to my local Nordstrom rack, and didn't even get close, so I'm hoping you guys can help!
Here's a stock picture and a "real world" picture of them. (Though, I will say, the stock photo is pretty accurate)
Thanks!post #12705 of 178309/13/16 at 7:04pmQuote:
Thanks. Better question....would that belt be something I could wear with both? The more I think about it the less I am in love with the heavy brouging on the Manistee...think a plain Walnut belt might fit me better. But color wise, I'm thinking that Manistee could pass with both shoes...maybe?
I guess long story short I'm contemplating getting a Walnut Dearborn belt or a darker Walnut plain belt to wear with both. Or maybe, a Bourbon Dearborn to wear with both...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › New $650 Kiton Solid White Spread Collar Dress Shirt 15.75 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 26 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 28 minutes ago
- › New Ralph Lauren line: Denim & Supply 30 minutes ago
- › VASS WHOLECUT LAST K - 9 UK - MTO BLUE SUEDE CALF 33 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...