or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 844

post #12646 of 17834

Snuff Suede Gobi and chinos today. (FYI, the color is slightly off, as the pants are more navy than grey.)

 

Pretty sure everyone has touched on the sizing of these enough, but should anyone encounter then on the bay, shoebank, NR, etc... they are the biggest/most voluminous AE I own.

 

 

My daily @dapkicks pic: (Click to show)
post #12647 of 17834
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange fury View Post

Took my HM's to the AE store tonight after work- I wanted to compare the quarter issue with mine against other pairs...

69A11FA3-D608-4549-9000-6E63151174A9_zpstwsjcklz.jpg

 

Were these 1sts? 2nds? The quarters wouldn't bother me, assuming they fit OK, but the misaligned eyelets on the right boot would drive me nuts. If it were me, I'd have at least asked for seconds pricing.

post #12648 of 17834
Walnut wed....uhh walnut Tuesday. I gave the toes a bit of bully last night, not noticeable in pics but give its a subtle pop IRL. I don't think these would look good with a full glass shine toe.



No match for those stunning shell strands midlife has above however.
post #12649 of 17834
Quote:
Originally Posted by styleaudit91 View Post

Walnut wed....uhh walnut Tuesday. I gave the toes a bit of bully last night, not noticeable in pics but give its a subtle pop IRL. I don't think these would look good with a full glass shine toe.



No match for those stunning shell strands midlife has above however.

Beautiful pair none the less and I'm diggin the socks!

post #12650 of 17834

Having really enjoyed my walnut Rogues, and not having anything in dark chili, I jumped on the closeout price of $147 in the shoebank. For some reason they actually fit better than their walnut cousin I bought a year ago.

 

post #12651 of 17834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middlife View Post

Beautiful pair none the less and I'm diggin the socks!

Thanks! Big fan of AEs branded socks. They are long enough to stay above the large of my calf for the whole day. Good buy when on sale. Probably my favorite "nice" (made in Europe) socks in terms of fit and quality.
post #12652 of 17834

A slight drizzle this morning made me reach for my Ashtons for the first time in months.

 

 

post #12653 of 17834


My name's @St Hubbins and I'm here to say
I love my Fullertons in every way
post #12654 of 17834
It is finally cooling off here so I can start transitioning to fall. Not quite cool enough for boots, but the Cognac McTavish got the call today.



Chris
post #12655 of 17834
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

It is finally cooling off here so I can start transitioning to fall. Not quite cool enough for boots, but the Cognac McTavish got the call today.



Chris


Are those from ShoeBank?  They look like my "Mistake McTs" (Cognac that is really antiqued tan) that I'm wearing on McTavish Tuesday:

I love these things

post #12656 of 17834
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

Were these 1sts? 2nds? The quarters wouldn't bother me, assuming they fit OK, but the misaligned eyelets on the right boot would drive me nuts. If it were me, I'd have at least asked for seconds pricing.

They were 1sts, but at the $250 sale price- the two pairs I tried on yesterday had similar issues with the eyelets. Also, after taking the picture last night and noticing the apparent size difference of the right boot, I took a tape measure to it- sure enough, the right is a quarter inch wider. I'm trying to ignore it, but all the issues with the right boot will bug me down the road- I think I'm going to try ordering a second pair from the website to see if I can at least get a right boot that works.

Edit: went ahead and ordered a second pair, we'll see if this will work.
Edited by orange fury - 9/13/16 at 3:30pm
post #12657 of 17834
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

Having really enjoyed my walnut Rogues, and not having anything in dark chili, I jumped on the closeout price of $147 in the shoebank. For some reason they actually fit better than their walnut cousin I bought a year ago.



Sharp
post #12658 of 17834
Anyone know how the 943B last (Liverpool Chelsea boot) fits? I'm a 9d in the 65 and a 9.5d in the 1943 and 511.

Thanks!
post #12659 of 17834
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

It is finally cooling off here so I can start transitioning to fall. Not quite cool enough for boots, but the Cognac McTavish got the call today.



Chris


Great minds think alike. Of course, so do small minds. I'm not sure where we fall on the spectrum, so I'll just leave it as, FBW minds think alike.

Love these shoes. Just wish I'd realized how large they run before they were out of them in my true size. Not quite cool enough for the thicker socks that fill them out more.

74ba0ef2a8bc2c6205055ba1a59fd35d.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #12660 of 17834
Quote:
Originally Posted by joman8390 View Post

Anyone know how the 943B last (Liverpool Chelsea boot) fits? I'm a 9d in the 65 and a 9.5d in the 1943 and 511.

Thanks!


For me, I took the same size in the Liverpools as I did in the Franciscans (1943 last), which is a half-size down from the 65. The 'pools fit very snugly--the heel is quite tight.  But overall, they feel and look great.

 

Bernie

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc