There's a reason why the shell cordovan versions of the Leeds, Macneil, etc. are still made according to 1.0 standards.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/27/17 at 7:47pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 3/28/17 at 4:00pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 838post #12556 of 193349/11/16 at 4:37pmpost #12557 of 193349/11/16 at 4:41pmpost #12558 of 193349/11/16 at 5:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by mreams99
I was asked to say a few words at our September 11 Remembrance Ceremony.
These were my words:
Numbers. I'm an engineer. I like numbers.
But these aren't numbers. These are human lives. Today is about human life.
On September 11, 2001, there was a coordinated terrorist attack. 2977 people lost their lives as a result of this, of which 412 were first responders.
70 law enforcement officers
These first responders gave their lives on that day, as they courageously did their jobs. Today we remember and honor these first responders.
Our community is served by our own first responders. Today we also recognize the courage and dedication of these men and women. They are the ones who risk their lives as they serve us. And for this, we are all grateful.
So on this fifteenth anniversary of the terrorist attacks, let us reflect not only on those who lost their lives on that day, but also on those who risk their lives every day that they go to work for us. Please join me in acknowledging our appreciation.
(And these were my shoes:)
Beautiful words sir. So respectful. We will never forget.
(nice shoes too BTW)post #12559 of 193349/11/16 at 5:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by orange fury
I actually agree on all three. I'm in love with my McT's after my first time wearing them on Friday, and I don't think the Neumok is a suitable substitute. I love my Jingle Bell Moks, but primarily for the coloration- it's a fun shoe to wear during the holidays, but I don't see myself ever buying a "regular" one. One the weekend country collection, the lugged soles kill it for me. Admittedly, I don't like lugs at all, but mini lugs would've been better than the current iteration. The shoes just look very unbalanced to me. I like the navy oak street, but I'm not a fan of bluchers in general, so I won't be purchasing one. Also, as much as I like red Dainite (the execution of the 1776 was fantastic IMHO), I feel like it was an odd choice for this shoe.
I will say though, the navy suede Achesons still have me drooling. I haven't had a chance to try them on, but if the last the Acheson is on works for me, I could be easily convinced to buy a pair on sale.
The navy achesons (or really any color) had me almost drooling too. I already have a Merlot grayson & a shell burgundy Adams - I just feel like they're way too redundant. If you feel like you can utilize them in a rotation, absolutely 100% agree - they're awesome.post #12560 of 193349/11/16 at 6:28pmCool to hear the boards first shoe stories!
Finally made it home from the wedding weekend. The PAs are a bit pissed at me as the ceremony/reception was on a lawn and it had rained the night before (didn't do my research, just saw clear skies). Additionally they saw the floor of some questionable bar floors later in the evening.post #12561 of 193349/11/16 at 7:11pmpost #12562 of 193349/11/16 at 7:26pm
This is why I enjoy having brown grain Leeds; I can throw them on with jeans and a t-shirt and they don't look out of place, but I can also wear them with a sportcoat and tie.
Quote:post #12563 of 193349/11/16 at 7:28pmQuote:
That's how I feel about all of my loafers. I can wear them with damn near anything. Now if I could only find a pair of brown bit loafers that fits right and is affordable enough!!post #12564 of 193349/11/16 at 7:41pmpost #12565 of 193349/11/16 at 7:47pm
@Neo1, I agree with you one the Neumok. I actually considered purchasing them, and if I didn't recently purchase a suede Park Ave, I might buy the original. When I saw them go to clearance last week, my first thought was, "What the hell are they doing?" But then I saw the upgrade version had been released. To be fair though, not all 2.0 upgrades are "bad." The Leeds 2 has a much more comfortable footbed, but some people will prefer the leather. I noticed the 2.0's have this common problem of waviness in the leather by the inside arch. The original didn't have this issue. The detailing is also slightly cleaner on the original.
I think I'm probably done shoe-buying for 2016, unless webgem or something really special is released in navy. I know, I've said this before, but 16 is probably enough.post #12566 of 193349/11/16 at 7:55pm
I've played D&D and some other games on and off over the years. Mostly off for the past year or so. I don't really have a group to play with right now.
@styleaudit91 : The first pair I fell in love with were my Gobis, which I still wear regularly despite them being too big. The first pair I bought however were black Carlyles, which I bought last year for my sister's wedding and haven't worn since (they are also too big).post #12567 of 193349/11/16 at 8:00pm
My first pair of AEs was the Gobi in tan saddle.
Funny story. So, I was in Lisbon this week and last night I was out and about and ran into a group of fellow Americans partying in the street. I talked to one of the guys for a little bit and just happened to glance down at his shoes, which was a pair of Gobis. I briefly brought them up, let him know I had a pair and then we continued to get shitty on caipirinhas and plod around Lisbon.post #12568 of 193349/11/16 at 8:43pmQuote:
The Shelton 2.0 is not bad. I wouldn't say its better or worse than the 1.0. Just a sleeker profile. Some old-timers may prefer the more rounded 1.0, but its really a lateral move.post #12569 of 193349/11/16 at 9:27pm
Anyone else receive a 15% off belt coupon in your email? I'm wondering if this has anything to do with me searching google and AE for navy belts. Not sure if I am going to get a navy suede or just a regular navy belt. Saw a Magnanni navy belt at NR a few weeks ago, but it was one size too small. I personally love Magnanni belts.post #12570 of 193349/11/16 at 10:28pmQuote:
A copy of the advertisement Paul showed in the presentation is up for sale on eBay:
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Velasca Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...