Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/25/17 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/24/17 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 84post #1246 of 193282/29/16 at 8:15pmThread Starterpost #1247 of 193283/1/16 at 2:44am@ace13x Kristen is so good - I've run into her in a number of other locations already but haven't made it to Jersey yet. She said she was transitioning as SM from SC to Jersey. She's probably the best SA I've dealt with. Does it really surprise people they don't have smaller sizes in stock? I always have to order everything so I've gotten used to it.
interesting note on the black Normandy - my brown pair has lots of distressing - I thought this was normal.post #1248 of 193283/1/16 at 2:47ampost #1249 of 193283/1/16 at 3:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
@Paniolo Very different fits - Franciscan was a good albeit roomy fit for me, Mora just not quite right. Check out 11E & 11.5D, then 11.5E.
Interesting. For me, I took the same in the Mora 2.0 and the Franciscan...and that size was a half-size down from what I take in most other AEs. And the fit in both is really nice.
Berniepost #1250 of 193283/1/16 at 4:57amOriginal black Jeffersons for a big customer review today! I love the softness of the independence leather, but I can't get a mirror shine on the toes. Any suggestions?
These are my go-to black shoes for fun and business formal occasions, my only other black shoe is a Park Avenue, but it doesn't get out much.post #1251 of 193283/1/16 at 5:15amSeriously, what's with the price hikes every single year?...especially when, according to most around here, the quality is becoming mediocre at best...except for some of the independence line shoes, and shell. Poor quality on the AE line of shoes is to be expected, but the mid-range line looks to have as many flaws for almost twice the price in many cases. I know the usual line of thinking is "well, they're still cheaper than other fine shoe makers etc. Except that the cost gap seems to be shrinking while, again according to many of these defect posts, the quality gap seems to be expanding.post #1252 of 193283/1/16 at 5:28ampost #1253 of 193283/1/16 at 6:47ampost #1254 of 193283/1/16 at 6:49ampost #1255 of 193283/1/16 at 7:01amQuote:
According to something I just read, the last digit of the model number is the last. That works out for Strand, McAllister, etc. Check it out with some model numbers that are listed on the All about Lasts page, and see if it holds true.post #1256 of 193283/1/16 at 7:03amQuote:
It does, but that only lists current models.post #1257 of 193283/1/16 at 7:12ampost #1258 of 193283/1/16 at 7:30amQuote:Quote:
Original list at the top. Scroll down for a longer/updated list.
Edit: Please note, AE sometimes reuses names. So some older shoes look to be on different lasts because they are in fact a different shoe.post #1259 of 193283/1/16 at 8:05amQuote:Originally Posted by hohneokc
It's almost March (would be if it wasn't for leap year) and it's going to be 75 degrees today - so I went with woven. Chili Winhall Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Said it before but worth mentioning again... I love the "history" lessons with some of your lesser known (at least to this newbie) or older models. Thanks, Chris!post #1260 of 193283/1/16 at 8:14amQuote:Quote:
Thanks fellas! Speaking of chukkas... Gobi and chinos today. These are completely opposite of the Amoks in almost every way - crazy volume, wider waist and heel, way less sleek, much more comfortable standing, though the Amoks are more comfortable to walk in (likely because of the snug fit).
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Any One for a Scotch? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › NIB Junkard Berry Shell Cordovan Size 42 (US 9) 16 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 18 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...