or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 820

post #12286 of 17678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes14 View Post

Neumoks hit the clearance section on the web site recently. I own a pair of McTavish, and they're absolutely my favorite shoe right now. They're hard to come by now.....so how much overlap do you think there is in the Neumok and McTavish? If anything, the Neumoks are a bit lighter than my McT's.... 
oh crap. I want a pair of blue. That is probably it for my tan McTs - I don't have room for blue with the two other preorders, and I hate to rely on ShoeBank (although the two pairs of McTs I'd keep are from there...). Arg
post #12287 of 17678
Last seersucker appearance of the season, accompanied by the Strawfut. Wish they made this shoe in all calf.

Get more compliments on these than any other shoes I own. Flashy attracts attention.
post #12288 of 17678
Does the $50 coupon work on clearance shoes? If so, I'd love to grab one from somebody...

(Didn't get one in the mail yet - out of town for a week starting a few hours ago)
post #12289 of 17678
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

Does the $50 coupon work on clearance shoes? If so, I'd love to grab one from somebody...

(Didn't get one in the mail yet - out of town for a week starting a few hours ago)

 

Curses! Where's my catalog and (hopefully) coupon?! How am I NOT on this mailing list?

 

Am I correct in assuming that the coupon applies toward the purchase of first quality shoes only?

post #12290 of 17678
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Hubbins View Post
 

Just trying to nudge me over the cliff, aren't you?

 

 

 

Who?  Me?

 

 

I have no idea what would give you that impression.

post #12291 of 17678
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Hubbins View Post
 

 

Curses! Where's my catalog and (hopefully) coupon?! How am I NOT on this mailing list?

 

Am I correct in assuming that the coupon applies toward the purchase of first quality shoes only?


Speak to your SA.  You can probably get them to apply the coupon without it.  But as you surmise, I think its only on regularly priced firsts.  May be better to wait to see what goes on sale during RDA.

post #12292 of 17678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes14 View Post
 

Neumoks hit the clearance section on the web site recently. I own a pair of McTavish, and they're absolutely my favorite shoe right now. They're hard to come by now.....so how much overlap do you think there is in the Neumok and McTavish? If anything, the Neumoks are a bit lighter than my McT's.... 


The Nuemoks are unlined, and on single soles.  I much prefer the double soles on my McT's.

post #12293 of 17678


Pair #14. The best part: ordered on Monday (holiday), and delivered on Wednesday.
post #12294 of 17678
Not AE related, but Nordstrom currently has several Naked and Famous denim pants on 50% off. $80-$90 a pop is not too bad for made in Canada raw denim. Should look good with the HM boots that everyone seems to have now smile.gif
post #12295 of 17678
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

My daily @dapkicks pic: (Click to show)

My Oak Street brother today:



Color is off in that shot, my pants are olive and the carpet is a dark hunter green. I think your colors look fine together. I normally wear mine with olive or jeans. I'd like to get them in the brown kudu too.
post #12296 of 17678

How is it going guys? It has been awhile, just been busy with work and the holiday weekend. I got my black Hopkinson and my black Carlyle in yesterday. I ordered both through Kristle at the Jeffersonville store and she came through big time. There were a few minor scuffs and scrapes, but to be honest, after 1 or 2 wears, they will be barely noticeable. 

 

I was breaking in the Hopkinsons and I was walking down the carpeted stairs. I almost ate it badly, but luckily I was able to brace myself against the wall. Decided to put them away for now with trees in them since there was a little bit of creasing from the near fall.

 

Without further ado, here are my shoes:

 

 

Sorry for the terrible photography, I am new to the whole shoe thing haha. Trying different angles as we go along.

post #12297 of 17678
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeBrooklyn View Post

A pair of McGregors just popped up on the ShoeBank in my size. The SA at the outlet said that their flaw was tiger striping, but that they otherwise looked good and were one of the darker (as opposed to more greenish) pairs of bourbon shoes he's seen.

Our of curiosity, what would happen if you applied a couple of coats of brown polish to a tiger-striped bourbon shoe? For $137, is it worth a shot?

I have no comment on the color issue, but McGregor is the most comfortable dress shoe I own. Highly recommend.
post #12298 of 17678
Anyone have any thoughts on the sizing of the Neumoks vs. Strands or McAllisters? I know they're all on the same last but I wondered if the different leather caused anyone to change their size from what they wear in a Strand or a McAllister.
post #12299 of 17678
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Hubbins View Post

Just trying to nudge me over the cliff, aren't you?




Thanks. I was trying to cover as many of the colors as I could.


Thank you for the suggestions. It seems like the majority of votes are for a boot/chukka.  Shell Dundees (probably in color 8) would be a good way to kill two birds with one stone (shell, chukkas). However, I will probably have to wait until the next time the shell seconds go to $399 (or thereabouts) because no way I can do full retail price on those. What's left of my sensibilities just won't allow it.  For some reason, I love the looks of the Norwich in brown shell. That would be another two birds, one stone shoe (shell, monk strap).  I also love the looks of the Dundee in suede (loden maybe).  As for the Dalton (or dress boots in general), I'll have to go try some on in order to get comfortable with the concept. But the Oxblood Dalton is pretty.

And, of course, the suggestion to get a casual shoe is also a very good one.

Too bad I seem to have my heart set on the Club Monaco Leeds in tan suede.

Are you a 10 or 10.5D?

I got one of each Dundee shell burgundy in the recent sale but they are too narrow for me. I'm going to send one back and hold the other until a either a 10E shows up on the shoe bank or my patience runs out and I order firsts.

I'd be happy to sell you one instead of sending back.
post #12300 of 17678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hino View Post
 

How is it going guys? It has been awhile, just been busy with work and the holiday weekend. I got my black Hopkinson and my black Carlyle in yesterday. I ordered both through Kristle at the Jeffersonville store and she came through big time. There were a few minor scuffs and scrapes, but to be honest, after 1 or 2 wears, they will be barely noticeable. 

 

I was breaking in the Hopkinsons and I was walking down the carpeted stairs. I almost ate it badly, but luckily I was able to brace myself against the wall. Decided to put them away for now with trees in them since there was a little bit of creasing from the near fall.

 

Without further ado, here are my shoes:

 

 

Sorry for the terrible photography, I am new to the whole shoe thing haha. Trying different angles as we go along.

I just got a pair of Hopkinsons 2nds from the previous sale and I almost ate it walking down carpeted stairs at work too!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc