Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 816

post #12226 of 19328
So I think I'm about to have a "what are we" conversation with the girl I've been dating which more than likely means I'll be extremely single soon. I don't know how to relationship. Ask me to hit a high draw over a tree onto a green, done. Figure out what I want in a relationship? Foreign language. Anyway, before all that goes down, my Oak Street babies in all their natty cxl glory. And ice cream. Because ice cream is life
post #12227 of 19328

My NR sucks for shoes - very rarely anything AE  :(

post #12228 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by BespokeBrooklyn View Post

Take it from a lawyer: if it was your staircase then it was a misdemeanor at best. You might have gotten off entirely in a more defendant-friendly jurisdiction.

Haha I was only I trouble with Mrs OF- it was at outside our apartment (but still in our complex). I was dropped off (thank you Uber) and woke up completely sober a few hours later, she was just pissed (and rightfully so) because she couldn't find me and I (obviously) wasn't answering my phone. To her credit, my wife didn't kill me (and we're already laughing about it), so my wife is awesome.

Also, fwiw, I was at work at 8am the next morning and still very productive that day, so it turned it fine lol.
Edited by orange fury - 9/6/16 at 6:40pm
post #12229 of 19328
Just got home from extended week-end to find the HM boots and the Humboldt belt waiting for me. Very happy with both products. I went with 9B, the same size as the Dalton, 1st Ave, 108 lasted shoes. I think my Brannock size 8.5c would have been perfect, but they are not offered in that size. I may try 8D, my usual 65 size.

The only negative is the very strong smell of contact cement that comes from the shoes, as if one just opened a container. Does AE really need to use it all the much?

post #12230 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

My NR sucks for shoes - very rarely anything AE  frown.gif

Is there a proper Nordstrom near by? While I am still new to this, my hypothesis is that your odds are better when there is a real Nordstrom near the Rack location. No idea how true that is, however. When I get the chance, I will hit up the other NR near my office with a Nordstrom close by. Then I'll go to the one closer to my house with no Norstrom near by. Then I will have a bit more data to either support or reject my hypothesis.
post #12231 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Hubbins View Post


Is there a proper Norstrom near by? While I am still new to this, my hypothesis is that your odds are better when there is a real Nordstrom near the Rack location. No idea how true that is, however. When I get the chance, I will hit up the other NR near my office with a Nordstrom close by. Then I'll go to the one closer to my house with no Norstrom near by. Then I will have a bit more data to either support or reject my hypothesis.

Yup - it is in an affiliated shopping center directly across the street.

post #12232 of 19328

I'd say rich milk chocolate. Will post a pic in the wild next I wear them, though I am in loafer mode as it is heading back into the 90s later this week. Here's a  brown side-by-side-by-side including a Chukka which still has to see light of day.  (My effort at a compromise as there's no rushing the seasons here in NYC...all one has to do is take a walk around town to understand why...and ..to quote House Stark, "Winter is Coming"..soon enough!)

BTW; Bartletts in  9 1/2 D, courtesy of the team at the 44th street store. Other two pairs are from our favorite e-bay seller. ( 10 B for the Randolphs, and 10 C for the boots.)

post #12233 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

Yup - it is in an affiliated shopping center directly across the street.

Well, back to the drawing board.
post #12234 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCRich View Post

So I think I'm about to have a "what are we" conversation with the girl I've been dating which more than likely means I'll be extremely single soon. I don't know how to relationship.

Maybe you would do better if you didn't tell her, "You're prettier than a pair of bourbon shell Strands."
post #12235 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCRich View Post

So I think I'm about to have a "what are we" conversation with the girl I've been dating which more than likely means I'll be extremely single soon. I don't know how to relationship. Ask me to hit a high draw over a tree onto a green, done. Figure out what I want in a relationship? Foreign language. Anyway, before all that goes down, my Oak Street babies in all their natty cxl glory. And ice cream. Because ice cream is life
 

 

lol.  I remember those times. Somehow those "what are we?" talks never seem to end well.   If you do become single, you can at least count on your shoes, and that's better than a lot of marriages I know of. Nothing at all wrong with being single.   Anyway, love the Oak Streets.  Would own them if I didn't already own the Clark Street.  Can't really justify them, but I love natural leather look.  And profila binding on a shoe like this doesn't bother me - I actually kind of like it on this shoe. 

post #12236 of 19328
I'm going mad. I bought the natty HM and the brown Oak Street on the last day of the sale. Neither shoe in my size located in my half of the country (west). You east coasters keep hogging all the shoes! At least I convinced the SA to get me expedited shipping.

There were only 2 of the HM available in my size (11.5D) anywhere. Should get them Friday or Saturday.

The wait is terrible and looking at the catalog that arrived in the mail today is making me second guess my color choices!
post #12237 of 19328

Update: She postponed the talk until tomorrow.  So I'm gonna be working on the below speech.  @smfdoc the bourbon Strands are gorgeous in all their shoe porn glory.  @Lobster33 currently I think I am single already so maybe it really is me?

 

"You're damn right it's me."  

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pezCrpDlmCs

post #12238 of 19328
Honestly, just trying to find a good fit. Tried an 11b and had the same pressure although the length was better. I am so surprised that I cannot find a good fit in such wonderful shoes. Maybe I'll just continue to wear an 11d with insoles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post


Why would you go more narrow if your foot is in pain from pressure and you're asking if you should let them stretch?
post #12239 of 19328
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero25 View Post

I'm going mad. I bought the natty HM and the brown Oak Street on the last day of the sale. Neither shoe in my size located in my half of the country (west). You east coasters keep hogging all the shoes! At least I convinced the SA to get me expedited shipping.

There were only 2 of the HM available in my size (11.5D) anywhere. Should get them Friday or Saturday.

The wait is terrible and looking at the catalog that arrived in the mail today is making me second guess my color choices!

 

FWIW, I bought the oak street in brown and they look stellar. 

post #12240 of 19328

Thanks, @Uncle.  I like that color; it appears to be a bit lighter than the Daltons.  I, too, got fitted at a NYC store (Rockefeller Center) as being a smaller size than I had theretofore been purchasing, and my feet thank me for it!

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
 

I'd say rich milk chocolate. Will post a pic in the wild next I wear them, though I am in loafer mode as it is heading back into the 90s later this week. Here's a  brown side-by-side-by-side including a Chukka which still has to see light of day.  (My effort at a compromise as there's no rushing the seasons here in NYC...all one has to do is take a walk around town to understand why...and ..to quote House Stark, "Winter is Coming"..soon enough!)

BTW; Bartletts in  9 1/2 D, courtesy of the team at the 44th street store. Other two pairs are from our favorite e-bay seller. ( 10 B for the Randolphs, and 10 C for the boots.)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc