Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/25/17 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/24/17 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 812post #12167 of 193289/5/16 at 9:04amQuote:
I am fairly certain that is the case, as that seems to be their clearance/final price, but maybe somebody else knows 100% for sure.post #12168 of 193289/5/16 at 9:10am
While on the subject of Nordstrom Racks in Southern California, I always go to the Nordstrom Rack in the Beverly Connection. I go on weekday mornings and try to arrive when the store opens. I always am able to find a metered parking space on 3rd Street and the store isn't very busy.
For those who are (as I am) believers in "pictures or it didn't happen" here's my car and I (holding my bag of Woodlore Shoe Trees I got at Nordstrom Rack) on 3rd Street across from what some call "Seizure-Cyanide Medical Center" and wearing Lombards. (They are Seconds but I still haven't figured out what's wrong with them except for the uneven coloring which makes them look like $1400.00 Museum Calf shoes from the UK.)post #12169 of 193289/5/16 at 9:38am
Anyone have a picture of dark chili burnished Rogues in the wild? They are closing them out and I just may get them. But with a pair of walnut Rogues in the closet its iffy.
Update: No pictures needed. I ordered them to check it out first hand. As they are close out I felt that I should get them while there is a still a pair and on sale today as well.
Edited by smfdoc - 9/5/16 at 4:53pmpost #12170 of 193289/5/16 at 9:40amQuote:
Not always. For example, an unpopular shoe like the gold Malone, was 137 for several months. They dropped down to 97 recently. It just depends on how long a shoe lasts.post #12171 of 193289/5/16 at 9:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Kevin24
Going off your post just to confirm I went and took a look inside the Dukes. And despite what I thought it said previously it said "Made in the Dominican Republic" on the inside.
Back to the Shoebank they go then.
I'm very disappointed as the Shoebank stated they were "Made in the USA" and Brooks Brother's website did too for the same exact model also.
I HEARD, (as opposed to know) that there was a time some of the AE stuff was created in the DR and then assembled in the US so they could still claim they were "made" in the US.post #12172 of 193289/5/16 at 9:49amQuote:
Paul G straight up confirmed that most uppers for main line GYW AEs are clicked and stitched in DR, then assembled in Port Washington.
Only Indy and shells and MTOs are %100 US fabrication.post #12173 of 193289/5/16 at 10:26amQuote:Originally Posted by ace13x
^ I'm curious if they can be resoled by an outside company.
Maybe its just part of AE's policy not to recraft the DR models because they are typically sold at a lower price point. According to AE, recrafting is not a very profitable endeavor. I'm sure the idea that when buying a pair of shoes from AE you can get actual factory refurbishing helps them sell more shoes in the long run. Perhaps they want to limit that to their higher margin shoe lines.
Few months back the rep from B Nelson in NYC confirmed that the Sea Islands can be recrafted. I doubt that the construction of the Duke is much different. So while AE won't do it, any competent cobbler will do.post #12174 of 193289/5/16 at 11:25amQuote:
I've always found this a bit foggy in what they mean by this, but I know they aren't doing what Prada is doing by completely making them in China and then shipping them to Italy for the last 5% of work to be considered "made in Italy". Would prefer if AE was 100% made here, but I suspect they do this to save us money, as we would probably have to pay Indy prices if all of them were made 100% here.post #12175 of 193289/5/16 at 11:52amAnyone get the Brown Higgens Mil as seconds? Being that this is a more casual boot and CXL in general is what it is (blemishes, etc), i'm thinking it's the perfect candidate for a second anyway. But for this current sale, the 1sts are only $50 more ($199 vs $250). Usually i'd just say the hell with it and kick in the $50 for firsts. . .but for something this casual. . .i'm wondering if i'm not throwing my cash away? Worth the gamble?
-Jamespost #12176 of 193289/5/16 at 1:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by orange fury
The AE ones are made in the Dominican Republic and are not recraftable- I've confirmed multiple times with customer service. I really wanted a pair of these and love the football leather, but I'm at the point where I won't buy a shoe that isn't recraftable. If AE ever makes a recraftable version of these, I'll be the first in line to buy some.
Per this page from the AE catalog - the Duke is not recraftable
Chrispost #12177 of 193289/5/16 at 1:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by mingus2112
Anyone get the Brown Higgens Mil as seconds? Being that this is a more casual boot and CXL in general is what it is (blemishes, etc), i'm thinking it's the perfect candidate for a second anyway. But for this current sale, the 1sts are only $50 more ($199 vs $250). Usually i'd just say the hell with it and kick in the $50 for firsts. . .but for something this casual. . .i'm wondering if i'm not throwing my cash away? Worth the gamble?
The pair of seconds I saw at the Paramus outlet looked great. No major flaws on quick inspection, a few very minor dings.
Its worth the chance IMO.post #12178 of 193289/5/16 at 2:36pmOnce again, the customer service at AE is excellent. I stopped by my local store on the way back from work earlier this afternoon and showed them a picture of the crinkled leather on my pair of HMs. They brought out another pair in my size that we looked at, and then they told me to bring mine in and they'd exchange them. Being the barn weasel that I am, I went home and grabbed them and went right back to AE. Of course, someone had purchased the only pair they had in my size while I was gone! They said they'd put in an order to make a new pair and put a special note on the order to make sure the leather didn't have any wrinkles in it ("fat wrinkles" they called them.) So once again, had a great experience at AE. Everyone I've met at the store on Michigan Avenue has been great, and I have never had a negative experience there.post #12179 of 193289/5/16 at 3:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by roz77
Once again, the customer service at AE is excellent. I stopped by my local store on the way back from work earlier this afternoon and showed them a picture of the crinkled leather on my pair of HMs. They brought out another pair in my size that we looked at, and then they told me to bring mine in and they'd exchange them. Being the barn weasel that I am, I went home and grabbed them and went right back to AE. Of course, someone had purchased the only pair they had in my size while I was gone! They said they'd put in an order to make a new pair and put a special note on the order to make sure the leather didn't have any wrinkles in it ("fat wrinkles" they called them.) So once again, had a great experience at AE. Everyone I've met at the store on Michigan Avenue has been great, and I have never had a negative experience there.
I mean, they should put that note on ALL their orders.
Technically, they shouldn't HAVE to write that at all.post #12180 of 193289/5/16 at 3:56pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 seconds ago
- › Boris Bidjan Saberi P1 F1920 AW16 Black 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › (x2) John Elliott Kake Mock Pullover Hoodie + John Elliott x GAP... 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones x Frans Boone Coniston (Brown Scotch Grain) -... 8 minutes ago
- › RLPL Custom Fit Light Gray Plaid POW Suit 38/40R Slim Fit... 8 minutes ago
- › NWT Eidos Napoli Navy Overcoat 48R 8 minutes ago
- › BNIB Edward Green Malvern (size 7.5/8) 202 last 8 minutes ago
- › FS: BNIB Crockett & Jones "Chelsea V" Boots, Dark Brown Wax Calf,... 8 minutes ago
- › Sid Mashburn Kincaid #2 Sport Jacket - Green Trweed - 50R (40 US) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › How to Buy a Women Dress Online That Puts on...
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway