Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 2:28 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 9post #121 of 193342/14/16 at 3:57ampost #122 of 193342/14/16 at 6:08amQuote:
Actually, YOUR post is the first about the matter............lolpost #123 of 193342/14/16 at 6:19ampost #124 of 193342/14/16 at 6:23ampost #125 of 193342/14/16 at 6:51ampost #126 of 193342/14/16 at 6:51ampost #127 of 193342/14/16 at 7:30ampost #128 of 193342/14/16 at 8:10ampost #129 of 193342/14/16 at 8:35amI found myself shoveling snow yesterday at work, and the Promontory Points managed just fine. These are seconds I picked up last year for $127. The football grain grows on you, and seems to get better when roughed up.
While I would never consider paying for a pair of Vibergs, these could pass for a poor-man's version... if only they had a double leather sole.post #130 of 193342/14/16 at 9:11amQuote:Originally Posted by danwatts2005Quote:Originally Posted by Scarlet
It's most certainly a suit. I pretty much never wear suits, but when I do I like to have fun with it.
The Boca Ratons in my size finally got discounted, but now that I've got the Larchmonts, would they be a bit redundant? Could they be pulled off sockless with shorts?
Not redundant. The Boca Raton is a weave. Should be worn with a Summer suit on a hot day, or in the Deep South. Most definitely not sockless with shorts.
As someone who lives in the Deep South, a word of caution: all these weaved shoes are also lined... Not getting a bunch of airflow there, but you will get a little more give in the leather by nature of the weave.post #131 of 193342/14/16 at 9:37ampost #132 of 193342/14/16 at 9:38am
Gents..have a pair of Enfields ( size 10B) and Woodstocks (10A) both in Burgundy/Merlot and in pretty decent shape (Saphir treated.) If any interest, PM me and I will take and forward on some pics. Both are a bit snug for this 10C/B 5 Last aficionado. btw: Shell Cordo PAs are on their way after some minor tweaking. (Not MTO, but just tweaked.)post #133 of 193342/14/16 at 10:16ampost #134 of 193342/14/16 at 10:23amQuote:Originally Posted by manowar
I found myself shoveling snow yesterday at work, and the Promontory Points managed just fine. These are seconds I picked up last year for $127. The football grain grows on you, and seems to get better when roughed up.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
While I would never consider paying for a pair of Vibergs, these could pass for a poor-man's version... if only they had a double leather sole.
Those do look like they're taking a beating quite gracefully. What kind of sole is on them now? Dainite or mini-lug would seem like the most fitting to me.post #135 of 193342/14/16 at 11:27am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 21 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Grant Stone - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › Bow Ties 17 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...