19.4 miles from Old Orchard? Hey, "neighbor!"
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 9:58 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 781post #11701 of 193348/28/16 at 6:39pmpost #11702 of 193348/28/16 at 6:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by St HubbinsQuote:
19.4 miles from Old Orchard? Hey, "neighbor!"
I'm about 3 miles from Old Orchard. Not a huge selection of AEs there. I'd rather drive 30 minutes to the Oak Brook store. The Chicago ones are closer, but getting there is a pain.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost #11703 of 193348/28/16 at 6:54pmpost #11704 of 193348/28/16 at 6:55pmQuote:
Same here. 25min drive to Old Orchard and 40min drive to Oakbrook but Oakbrook is way betterpost #11705 of 193348/28/16 at 7:03pmpost #11706 of 193348/28/16 at 9:12pm
So... running out of time to return this pair purchased from the AE eBay store. I feel like I've walked 100 miles in these shoes in my house. Started out cramping the toes on my mutant right foot. Now almost thinking they are submitting to my will. Any comments about the fit based on this picture? Thanks.post #11707 of 193348/28/16 at 9:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Roycru
For those who are interested in the evolving design of Allen-Edmonds shoes, my old Lombards have brogueing on the tongues, a feature which I don't think any current A-E shoes have.
(This pair also has two of my favorite things, Poiron insoles and all rubber soles and heels.)
Nice! You should also mention was that the Lombard is an excellent representation of a shortwing. Something that AE rarely produces.post #11708 of 193348/28/16 at 9:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by St Hubbins
So... running out of time to return this pair purchased from the AE eBay store. I feel like I've walked 100 miles in these shoes in my house. Started out cramping the toes on my mutant right foot. Now almost thinking they are submitting to my will. Any comments about the fit based on this picture? Thanks.
Those look about like My Leeds do. My Leeds fit snug, but are not painful in any way. It's really hard to know without trying them on myself. If they are giving you toe pain or pain at your instep, I would return them.post #11709 of 193348/28/16 at 10:57pmQuote:
What I like especially about these and my black McGregors is that they really seem to hug my feet all over the place and I don't feel the need to crank the laces down to keep my heel secured. I must have a narrow heel. It kind of seems that way when I examine the indentation left in the cork. I feel like I might just keep them as obtaining another pair of McGregor firsts is not likely. A couple days left to make the call.post #11710 of 193348/29/16 at 6:51ampost #11711 of 193348/29/16 at 7:14ampost #11712 of 193348/29/16 at 7:18ampost #11713 of 193348/29/16 at 7:37ampost #11714 of 193348/29/16 at 7:40ampost #11715 of 193348/29/16 at 8:05amQuote:
Well neither is particularly cost effective for new shoes. Suggest you wear out the leather bottoms first. You can have a cobbler slap a toppy on the sole to basically do what the combo tap sole does. Changing the sole entirely is basically the cost of a recraft at $125. You can call and maybe they will do it for a little less. I'd get a toppy put on them and wear them out.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Ray Bans and Randolph Engineering Sunglasses 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Stussy Stock Applique Hoodie Pale Yellow size L BRAND NEW HARD TO FIND 6 minutes ago
- › For Sale: Norse Projects Hugo Light jacket size L USED good... 6 minutes ago
- › Adidas Tobacco Riviera/Rivea Pale Nude mens s 9 BRAND NEW 6 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...