or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 775

post #11611 of 19327
Just curious. First time shoe bank purchase and I was wondering if I ordered one shoe in stock at the store and one that the SA had to order in, do I get two packages or just one?
post #11612 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post

Someone on here picked up 3 Manistees for $15.   Remember that?  

Yea. I remember some guy saying that he bought them at the Rack. That's probably the Allen Edmonds Steal of The Year
post #11613 of 19327
That's some great negotiating!

Also, I don't know if you've been to Disney World before... but assuming that you haven't. I was feeling the same way before our trip a couple years ago. Ended up having a fantastic time. Sure it's #$!&ing expensive, but the place is meticulously clean, run exceedingly well, and overall they really know how to entertain you. Just like AE, you get what you pay for.

Of course if you've been there already and dislike it for your own reasons... then my reassurances will be of no value to you.[/quote]

I haven't been since I was a small child. My reservations stem from a general dislike of overly branded merchandise and the fact that my kids are turning 4 while there and 21 months so I will be the gear schlepper. It's all good though, my in-laws are footing the bill so all I have to do is smile and think about my new boots.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
post #11614 of 19327
Q
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
uote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

Received my brown Higgins Mills today - love this boot. One small ding on one toe (see pics) but not big deal. I ordered the same size as 99% of my other AE's and the fit is great. Maybe a tad big with the dress socks I was wearing when I got home, but not worth going down a 1/2 size. With the heavier socks I wear with boots, this should be perfect.

First pic - right out of the box untouched


These next photos are after one application of AE Leather Lotion






Chris

 

Looks great, buddy.  Must resist the Higgins mill, must resist, must resist...I may go get sized at my store just in case one shows up in the shoebank.

post #11615 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hino View Post

Just curious. First time shoe bank purchase and I was wondering if I ordered one shoe in stock at the store and one that the SA had to order in, do I get two packages or just one?


Good question.  If they are both seconds (i.e. you order a pair from an outlet, and one from the ShoeBank warehouse), you should get 2.  The pair you order from the outlet should be the exact pair that you should have had the SA look over for you.  

 

 

If they were both 1sts, I would say one package.  Why would AE send you one from the warehouse, the SA send you one from the store and then AE send one to the store to restock?  Though I'm guessing they would send the store a bulk restock of various shoes.

post #11616 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post


Good question.  If they are both seconds (i.e. you order a pair from an outlet, and one from the ShoeBank warehouse), you should get 2.  The pair you order from the outlet should be the exact pair that you should have had the SA look over for you.  


If they were both 1sts, I would say one package.  Why would AE send you one from the warehouse, the SA send you one from the store and then AE send one to the store to restock?  Though I'm guessing they would send the store a bulk restock of various shoes.

Ah okay cool. Thanks for the prompt reply. They are two seconds and the one in store I asked her to look over and she said they looked great. The other one she had to order from another store. Hoping for the best.
post #11617 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post

Orion leather belt leather quality is great but I dont like their buckles, there is a lot of play in it. Same for the Allen Edmonds belts compared to other belts I have such as Magnanni belts.
I picked up a merlot Trafalgar belt at Nordstrom a couple years back. About $50? Love it.... J
post #11618 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Looks great, buddy.  Must resist the Higgins mill, must resist, must resist...I may go get sized at my store just in case one shows up in the shoebank.


So typical of the behavior on this thread.  NO!   NO.   No.   no.   MAYBE.

 

 

Though I must say, in the past, with other shoes, the waiting for ShoeBank becomes diminishing returns.  With the Higgins firsts at $250 (less if you order through Palo Alto),  I don't think it will be worth it to go through the hassle of seconds for give or take the current price when the firsts go back to full retail.  Unless you get an incredible sale on ShoeBank, the price difference between SALE 1sts and REGULAR priced ShoeBank 2nds is often around $20-30.

post #11619 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hino View Post


Ah okay cool. Thanks for the prompt reply. They are two seconds and the one in store I asked her to look over and she said they looked great. The other one she had to order from another store. Hoping for the best.


I should add:

 

I suppose its possible the SA gets the seconds from ShoeBank shipped to her, then she ships both to you, but I feel thats unlikely unless she only gets credit for both sales that way.

post #11620 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post


I should add:

I suppose its possible the SA gets the seconds from ShoeBank shipped to her, then she ships both to you, but I feel thats unlikely unless she only gets credit for both sales that way.

I agree, I don't see any reason to do that. However if I had a better relationship with the SA, maybe. But since this is my first, I am going to assume it's just going to be shipped directly to me.
post #11621 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post
 

 

Aww crap.  Looks like they screwed up.  If you post a pic of you wearing the shoe, we can probably tell if they are too small.

Hey Lobster thanks for the response again.

 

Here are the fit pictures of the supposedly 7.5 E compared to the original 7.5 D that I returned:

 

They came bar laced out of the box so somebody might have tried them on before.

 

 

 

 

New 7.5 E but labelled 7.5 D on the tongue:

 

 

 

 

 

Original 7.5 D that I returned:

 

post #11622 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineappleguy16 View Post

Hey Lobster thanks for the response again.

Here are the fit pictures of the supposedly 7.5 E compared to the original 7.5 D that I returned:

They came bar laced out of the box so somebody might have tried them on before.




New 7.5 E but labelled 7.5 D on the tongue:









Original 7.5 D that I returned:





Those both look the same size to me. I'd expect the v-gap to be much smaller on the 7.5E than the 7.5D. That's one man's opinion.
post #11623 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Hubbins View Post


Those both look the same size to me. I'd expect the v-gap to be much smaller on the 7.5E than the 7.5D. That's one man's opinion.


Not always. I have a similar issue in that I have a high instep so I never get a small v-gap, even with well-fitting shoes. If I close the gap then the rest of the fitting for the shoe gets screwed up.

post #11624 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineappleguy16 View Post
 

Hey Lobster thanks for the response again.

 

Here are the fit pictures of the supposedly 7.5 E compared to the original 7.5 D that I returned:

 

They came bar laced out of the box so somebody might have tried them on before.

 

 

 

 

New 7.5 E but labelled 7.5 D on the tongue:

 

 

 

 

 

Original 7.5 D that I returned:

 


I agree with @St Hubbins, they look to be the same size.  The V-gap should be less if they are 7.5E unless your foot grew in the interim.  They just mistakenly put 7.5D shoes in a 7.5E box, or conversely mislabeled the box 7.5E after the shoes were already in there.

 

Regardless, call them first, tell them you order 7.5E, got shoes labeled 7.5D, and they fit the same as the pair you sent back.  They should send you a return label, wave any restock fee, (if there was any to begin with), and send you the correct pair.  

 

Even if they are actually 7.5E mislabeled 7.5D, you should get a pair with the proper size marked in the shoe in case you decide you want to sell them down the road.

 

EDIT:  While I'm at it, are you sure you wouldn't fit better in an 8?  Did you ever try an 8D or 8E?

post #11625 of 19327
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopcraiga View Post

Joined the masses in picking up the natty Higgins Mill as well as a brown Alumnus (what can I say, I'm a sucker for a wing tip) by placing a call to Alicia at Palo Alto. $425 all in.

Sorry for the non AE content, but this is the price of my shoe whoredom.

c3585c75f1dcfad79eca68de736aa11c.jpg

I told my wife the only way I'd wear this shirt during our impending Disney World vacation that I'm not exactly looking forward to was if I could get the HM. I didn't think she would go for it. One day versus countless wears of natty CXL goodness, easy choice.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
When are you headed to Disney?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc