or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 774

post #11596 of 17725
Received my brown Higgins Mills today - love this boot. One small ding on one toe (see pics) but not big deal. I ordered the same size as 99% of my other AE's and the fit is great. Maybe a tad big with the dress socks I was wearing when I got home, but not worth going down a 1/2 size. With the heavier socks I wear with boots, this should be perfect.

First pic - right out of the box untouched


These next photos are after one application of AE Leather Lotion






Chris
post #11597 of 17725

Nice!  Wear and enjoy!  What lasts are you normally wearing?

 

 

I was told that the Academy runs similar to 201/65-last.  I'm on a day-trip to the DC area Tuesday, and they're holding a pair for me in natty cxl.

post #11598 of 17725
Joined the masses in picking up the natty Higgins Mill as well as a brown Alumnus (what can I say, I'm a sucker for a wing tip) by placing a call to Alicia at Palo Alto. $425 all in.

Sorry for the non AE content, but this is the price of my shoe whoredom.

c3585c75f1dcfad79eca68de736aa11c.jpg

I told my wife the only way I'd wear this shirt during our impending Disney World vacation that I'm not exactly looking forward to was if I could get the HM. I didn't think she would go for it. One day versus countless wears of natty CXL goodness, easy choice.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
post #11599 of 17725
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2511 View Post

I have and it's as simple as giving it to usps

Sorry, probably sounds like a dumb question, but I haven't bought anything on eBay in years and years. In fact, I had to create a brand new account to buy these because I hadn't used my old one in so long that they cancelled it.

Anyway, I see a "Request Return" button there. I assume you hit that. I also see "use return label and we'll charge you $10.15 if you do." Is that what you did? I don't recall seeing any. Now I'll have to hunt down the packing materials because it seems like my wife did something with them.
post #11600 of 17725
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Hubbins View Post

I think I saw a twenty-something guy on Instagram or someplace in shorts and Strands with no socks. I found it off-putting, but he was owning it.

It's the United States in the year 2016 AD. As sad as it is, literally anything goes. Wear whatever you want with confidence and it will look natural on you. Besides, how bad could your judgment be as a SF member?

Personally, I would probably draw the line at sweatpants.

Shorts with Allen Edmonds reminded me of this pic I saw a while back. I wouldn't do it myself but since the shoe is from the rough collection, maybe someone can pull it off and own it.

post #11601 of 17725
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopcraiga View Post

I told my wife the only way I'd wear this shirt during our impending Disney World vacation that I'm not exactly looking forward to was if I could get the HM.

That's some great negotiating!

Also, I don't know if you've been to Disney World before... but assuming that you haven't. I was feeling the same way before our trip a couple years ago. Ended up having a fantastic time. Sure it's #$!&ing expensive, but the place is meticulously clean, run exceedingly well, and overall they really know how to entertain you. Just like AE, you get what you pay for.

Of course if you've been there already and dislike it for your own reasons... then my reassurances will be of no value to you.
post #11602 of 17725

Whelp the Union is very cheap looking in person!  The sole looks like molded styrofoam.   The uppers are very nice.  Reminds me of my Cole Haan shoes from 2011.  :)

post #11603 of 17725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry View Post

So turns out that Allen Edmonds retail and the ShoeBank are out of merlot belts in my size. What other brands do you guys know that sell dress belts similar to merlot? I want them for my merlot McAllisters. I don't want anything to expensive. Thanks!


Brooks Bros has the Merlot Manistee in all sizes it seems.  Its full retail, but I think I read some people get a discount through their work?  

 

I always felt the Manistee was over priced, but it does match up with AE's brogue pattern in addition to color.

post #11604 of 17725
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

Nice!  Wear and enjoy!  What lasts are you normally wearing?


I was told that the Academy runs similar to 201/65-last.  I'm on a day-trip to the DC area Tuesday, and they're holding a pair for me in natty cxl.

I have probably close to 20 different AE lasts - some from long discontinued lines like Corporate Casuals and Executive. Off the top of my head, I have the following lasts in my collection: 65, 73, 97, 108, 201, 222, 333, 511, 678, 1757, B34, 114, 2592, and 606.
post #11605 of 17725

Hi all, I exchanged a pair of strands from size 7.5D to size 7.5E. I received the 7.5E today and noticed in the tongue it says 7.5D (see attached picture) but the box says 7.5 E, did they mess up? The fit almost feels like a 7.5D but maybe wider in the heel. Please advise thank you! 

 

post #11606 of 17725
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineappleguy16 View Post

Hi all, I exchanged a pair of strands from size 7.5D to size 7.5E. I received the 7.5E today and noticed in the tongue it says 7.5D (see attached picture) but the box says 7.5 E, did they mess up? The fit almost feels like a 7.5D but maybe wider in the heel. Please advise thank you! 



Yea. They probably messed up. I one time ordered a pair of boots online and the boots were a full size large even though the box said they were my size
post #11607 of 17725

My lasts: 65, 108, 73, 511, 678, 1747

 

The 65, 108 and 73 are my favorites. 

post #11608 of 17725
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post


Brooks Bros has the Merlot Manistee in all sizes it seems.  Its full retail, but I think I read some people get a discount through their work?  

I always felt the Manistee was over priced, but it does match up with AE's brogue pattern in addition to color.

Yea I know what you mean. It is a bit overpriced. I was lucky to get a walnut Manistee for $80 during Nordstrom's anniversary sale. That's probably the most I'll pay of a belt lol.
post #11609 of 17725
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineappleguy16 View Post
 

Hi all, I exchanged a pair of strands from size 7.5D to size 7.5E. I received the 7.5E today and noticed in the tongue it says 7.5D (see attached picture) but the box says 7.5 E, did they mess up? The fit almost feels like a 7.5D but maybe wider in the heel. Please advise thank you! 

 

 

Aww crap.  Looks like they screwed up.  If you post a pic of you wearing the shoe, we can probably tell if they are too small.

post #11610 of 17725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry View Post




Yea I know what you mean. It is a bit overpriced. I was lucky to get a walnut Manistee for $80 during Nordstrom's anniversary sale. That's probably the most I'll pay of a belt lol.

 

Someone on here picked up 3 Manistees for $15.   Remember that?  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc