Yours look darker than mine. The only other problem with mine is that the V gap is much bigger on one side than the other, probably why they were seconds.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/18/17 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 78post #1156 of 193272/28/16 at 2:06pmpost #1157 of 193272/28/16 at 2:12pmQuote:
thanks man. i had returned my mcgregors due to one shoe being narrower than the other and wanted something similiar to the mcgregor and im diggin these. only negative is that the mcgregors had the dainite sole whereas these are leather.post #1158 of 193272/28/16 at 2:21pmQuote:
I agree, these look great. Making me want to find a Rogue in Chili!post #1159 of 193272/28/16 at 2:25pmQuote:
These look awesome...I find that Dark Chili can often lack any personality or character. At least compared to the more extreme colors ( walnut/casual-prettyboy color, Oxblood/stylish-flashy, Bourbon/masculine-business, cognac/warm-rugged, black/formal-conservative etc ) But I think the broguing on these really accentuate the Dark Chili color beautifully.post #1160 of 193272/28/16 at 2:31pmpost #1161 of 193272/28/16 at 2:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by CMT1
I decided to hit my Park Aves with two light coats of Kiwi Parade Gloss, followed by a light spritzing of water and vigorous brushing.
I am very well aware of the controversy surrounding the silicone that Parade Gloss uses to glaze the leather, and that this can be a detrimental product to use, or at least continue to use for any amount of time, but I wanted to see for myself how much shine I could eke out with the product. I have a black tie wedding coming up, and while I am debating a pair of Carmina black shell wholecuts, I am also considering a pair of Shoebank Carlyles and running them through the Parade Gloss procedure in order to save money.
This is a pair of $50 Ebay-sourced Park Aves that I purchased simply to have a cap-toe balmoral in the closet, and that I have worn twice in the years that I have owned them. Given the circumstances (funerals), neither event was a particularly joyful occasion.
The resulting gloss and reflectivity is definitely enhanced over my best results using traditional polishes, but the Parade Gloss did smell like either Goof Off or Nevr-Dull, so some serious chemicals were likely at work. I would have no problem believing that this product is caustic to use longterm on quality leather.
These pics are from yesterday immediately following the initial polishing. I've continued to brush them sporadically and the gloss has perceptively increased. While I do not think it quite matches the hammering reflections of either black shell or patent leather, and likely due to poor technique since I've seen mirror shines result from this product in Internet photos, I do think a Carlyle that has been similarly polished would be acceptable for black tie.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend, as always.
As you suggest, whether that product is good for the shoes in the long term is one thing - but the shine on those looks absolutely stunning.post #1162 of 193272/28/16 at 2:55pmpost #1163 of 193272/28/16 at 3:20pmpost #1164 of 193272/28/16 at 3:23pmQuote:
I've never tried Woodlore trees, so would appreciate some sizing advice. I am a 9.5 E, and 9.5 is listed both as the upper end of medium and the start of large...which would be a better fit for shell Parks and Independence Jeffersons 2.0?post #1165 of 193272/28/16 at 3:42pmQuote:
Those are some fine looking boots!! Is that ice cream?post #1166 of 193272/28/16 at 3:48pmpost #1167 of 193272/28/16 at 3:49pmpost #1168 of 193272/28/16 at 4:05pmpost #1169 of 193272/28/16 at 4:43pmpost #1170 of 193272/28/16 at 4:44pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 23 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › WTB Nanamica Down Pullover 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...