or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 760

post #11386 of 17636


Gents, I am not a good photographer but I can tell you for the money, grab it! Great value.

My only problem is do I want brown or Natural and 11.5D or 12D. I ordered two to compare color and size.
post #11387 of 17636
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post

Still no Higgins Mill unboxing pics?... I need something to convince me to pull the trigger!

Higgins Mill Boots in brown cxl







post #11388 of 17636
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
 

Paging @Lobster33 and @smfdoc (and anyone else with Malones):

 

Potentially rainy day, so I tried my Malones again this morning. They are still tight near the pinky toe, like my Randolphs.  Definitely not an end-of-day foot swelling thing.  I'm thinking it's best to send them back.

 

Did any of you change sizing for your Malones vs. your 65 last size?  Length seems OK. Given the casual design, I was thinking of going up a width from D to an E. That seems weird, because I think my feet are kind of narrow. But they say each size is, what, about 1/16"? Might make the difference.

 

Worth gambling another 10 bucks on a $97 shoe to try it? 

 

Thanks.

 

hi RichieP,

 

I wear the Malone in my natural size (8 D), and my Park Aves in 7.5 E.   Both fit perfectly for my feet.  So I would go up 1/2 size and down 1/2 width from the 65 balmorals.  Each size is 3/16 of an inch (roughly) bigger.  My Malones do not feel tight at all in the toe box and are actually pretty generous-fitting.  It's a fantastic casual shoe, and one of the most comfortable shoes I own.  I actually like it much more than the Wilbert.   Hope this helps.

post #11389 of 17636


Bourbon Mora 2.0 and Merlot McAlister..
post #11390 of 17636
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post



Bourbon Mora 2.0 and Merlot McAlister..

Very nice!  

post #11391 of 17636

Hmmm I was leaning natty but these pics make it look like brown fits this shoe better. 

 

How are you guys finding the sizing, TTS brannock, 0.5 up compared to 5 last?

post #11392 of 17636

Well Darn it!  Luck is just not on my side.  I wanted the blue suede Dundee so badly that I ordered it in a 11D.  Usually they fit big, this one fits small.  So disappointed.  I was hoping for a irregularly large size.  LOL. 

post #11393 of 17636
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
 

Hmmm I was leaning natty but these pics make it look like brown fits this shoe better. 

 

How are you guys finding the sizing, TTS brannock, 0.5 up compared to 5 last?


I don't know.  The two sizes I have 11.5D and 12D are very close to the same.  I think I am opting for the 12D as I think with thick socks it will be best, the other might be tight.

post #11394 of 17636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post

hi RichieP,

I wear the Malone in my natural size (8 D), and my Park Aves in 7.5 E.   Both fit perfectly for my feet.  So I would go up 1/2 size and down 1/2 width from the 65 balmorals.  Each size is 3/16 of an inch (roughly) bigger.  My Malones do not feel tight at all in the toe box and are actually pretty generous-fitting.  It's a fantastic casual shoe, and one of the most comfortable shoes I own.  I actually like it much more than the Wilbert.   Hope this helps.

Thanks Lobster. Going up in size would be baffling (and down in width has no Shoebank stock).

I brannock at 9.5D, but found it hard to get my foot into shoes in that size. 10D fits me awesomely on the 65 last, so I'm reverse of your situation, with possibly a little extra length beyond the toes. That's why I thought 10E might do the trick, especially since it is still available at the bank. This just seems like a width issue to me.
post #11395 of 17636
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post


Thanks Lobster. Going up in size would be baffling (and down in width has no Shoebank stock).

I brannock at 9.5D, but found it hard to get my foot into shoes in that size. 10D fits me awesomely on the 65 last, so I'm reverse of your situation, with possibly a little extra length beyond the toes. That's why I thought 10E might do the trick, especially since it is still available at the bank. This just seems like a width issue to me.

 

I don't think you have much to lose by trying it at $97.  Also, I should let you know that I do own a Park Ave in 8.5 D that fits me very well, but has a bit of excess volume in the front.  But my best size is definitely 7.5 E in the Park and Strand.   The Malone is not what I could call a long shoe, so maybe 9 E might be a bad idea if your toes end up touching the front.  I would try 10 E.  

post #11396 of 17636
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post



Bourbon Mora 2.0 and Merlot McAlister..

Nice! I kind of regret not getting a pair of merlot McAllisters for $160 when I had the chance...
post #11397 of 17636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post
 

 

I also don't ask for pictures, as I trust the sales people's honesty.  I've mostly bought shoes from the Ohio store, and have had very good results.  Kristie is indeed, very helpful.  I know some stores will not bother sending you pictures, so I'm not speaking for all the outlets. 


Kristle takes the same size as me for the most part (7D), so there's more of a selection at that place than in other locations (since she's gotta get first dibs).  If she was ever around my neck of the woods and I had access to a selection like that, I'd be in some deep shit, as my collection would probably grow exponentially at that point, lol.

post #11398 of 17636
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post



Bourbon Mora 2.0 and Merlot McAlister..

Beauties. Every time I see someone's Merlot McAllisters, it makes me kind of wish my Merlot Strands were McAllisters. I must own a pair of McAllisters some day because four pair of wingtips is just not getting the job done.
post #11399 of 17636
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post

Hmmm I was leaning natty but these pics make it look like brown fits this shoe better. 

How are you guys finding the sizing, TTS brannock, 0.5 up compared to 5 last?

Same here regarding color.... @TexasTexter, can you take a few more pics showing the brown & natty?
post #11400 of 17636

Holy shit, the Cheetah is 119.   Tempting....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc