Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 10:58 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 752post #11266 of 193278/23/16 at 6:36pmpost #11267 of 193278/23/16 at 6:40pmpost #11268 of 193278/23/16 at 6:40pmQuote:
I saw them at the Shoe Bank about three weeks ago before they were up on the website. I did like the looks of them in Walnut. I'd say they are certainly unique compared to what else AE is currently selling, but I like other examples of that type of style that I've seen elsewhere but cannot name.post #11269 of 193278/23/16 at 6:40pmpost #11270 of 193278/23/16 at 6:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
Quick store visit tonight - summary:
Had seen the Higgins before, looked more closely (now that I have one on order, lol). Brown and natty blend the welt nicely whereas black does not, but they look decent. Little clunkier than I thought.
No Academy or Alumnus.
Finally some Neumok 2.0s....I'm sorry, but what the fuck?!!! The red neumok I thought was positively atrocious. Like they subcontracted out the mcallister to J&M and told them to slap it together for cheap. It uses a matte-finished oxblood color with dark stitching instead of contrast stitching, so the actual color is quite dull, but the welt jumps out. The shoe has a cheap look to it but it actually felt like nice quality CXL. It's really unstructured, so I'm almost certain that plus the 201 means the fit will be way too sloppy for me.
Suede Achesons look good - but I'd take a suede grayson over these anytime.
The suede strand looked better than I thought. And finally the Cascade definitely looked fine. I'm not into that style at all, but definitely better than I expected.
Of all the new styles, HM is what caught my attention the most and, to a lesser degree, the Academy, Liverpool and the monk strap. All the new wingtips looked odd, especially the Alumnus. With that new broad last, it reminded me of Crocs. It worked with the boot and Academy, but looked funny on Alumnus.
I didn't care about the suede Achesons. The finishing looked sloppy (especially lack of regular piping) and the contrasting colors were too much for my taste.
Bottom line, from all the new styles I will only buy the HM and maybe the Academy. Pretty good deal for my wallet, unless I feel adventurous and start exploring other manufacturers.post #11271 of 193278/23/16 at 6:45pmpost #11272 of 193278/23/16 at 6:49pmpost #11273 of 193278/23/16 at 6:50pmA little late, but dark chili Warwick from earlier today:
Also, a while back I ordered the Concord Ave bit loafer in tan saddle leather from Shoebank, and the shoe that showed up was super scratched up, too small (I think sizing was off), and had a crushed heel counter on one of the shoes. Just noticed today that a bunch of these popped up on the clearance section of AE's site for $57- yes, please, and thank you.post #11274 of 193278/23/16 at 6:52pmpost #11275 of 193278/23/16 at 6:55pmQuote:
I'm jealous of these laces. I wish AE sold these type of color laces. Interesting that their is a lot of variation in the bourbon Carlyles. Mine came with the black laces instead of these brownish-ones.post #11276 of 193278/23/16 at 6:56pm
I wanted to get some feedback back as to why my shoe shine guys told me that he could not get the high shine that I always have on my other Allen Edmonds on my Navy Cornwallis. I even gave him the saphir polish and the wax and still they did not come out with the mirrored shine. The photos below was the look I was after.
Or even the look from the as for the shoes.
I used the navy polish that I was told would work and the wax as well. Anyway I can get the high shine on these shoe?post #11277 of 193278/23/16 at 7:00pmQuote:
I was hoping they would. I wanted to exchange my black rounded laces for my PA with these flat laces (was hoping for black instead of brown for the merlot PAs).
I was looking at Guarded Goods, but they seem to only have 1 size and it looks like it is for boots only. I am going to contact them and see if they can do a smaller version of it.post #11278 of 193278/23/16 at 7:01pmpost #11279 of 193278/23/16 at 7:08pmpost #11280 of 193278/23/16 at 7:13pmQuote:
Um... I think once I got started on my shoe journey, the Strand (walnut) immediately stood out as a "must have" and was my introductory AE dress shoe. Before I had a couple pair of $100ish (on sale) Cole Haans and a couple pair of To Boot pain toe derbys. I was at Nordys debating between a brown captoe oxford from To Boot, the To Boot "Duke" (short wing) and the walnut Strand and I left with the strand.
In short, if you love shoes and can't get behind owning a McAllister or a Strand... you should.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Corthay 10 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 11 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 14 minutes ago
- › Buying a new suit 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...