Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 11:37 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 734post #10996 of 193278/20/16 at 3:59pmI have a sizing question. I don't have a store near me so it's hard to get fitted correctly. I measure an 8D but I have Strand size 7.5E that are a bit tight in the instep. I tried a Rogue 8D today at Dillard's and I was swimming in it. Could pull my foot out when tied. Should I got a 7.5D or E? I know the 201 is supposed to be better for high insteps. Also, I wanted to try an 8D in the Cornwallis but they didn't have one in Stock. How does the 1943 compare to the 65 or 201? I like the Dark Chili Charles Street but the smallest size is an 8D.post #10997 of 193278/20/16 at 4:23pm
Pretty nice day outside , should have gone for a walk.
Just got a set of the Mcallister in Merlot on sale for $190 the other day since their discontinuing that color line. Having a little trouble with them though. Picked them up Thursday and put a coat of the conditioner/cleaner on them for the initial prep before waxing them. Then yesterday I started putting a basic shine one them and realized that I've got white dry cracks on the side of one shoe and on the top by the eyelets. Anyone got any suggestions? I put one coat of lotion on originally which I suppose might not be enough, but now that I've already put wax on I'm a bit loath to strip it off and recondition them with more since I was hoping to wear them later tonight while out with friends.post #10998 of 193278/20/16 at 4:41pmpost #10999 of 193278/20/16 at 4:47pmpost #11000 of 193278/20/16 at 4:48pmQuote:
I really do think it would've been fine after I settled into the footbed. My McTavishes were crazy tight when I got them, so much so I was shocked at how different they were compared to my Cambridge and Strand (both shell though). But they settled significantly enough for it to be a non-issue now. And they were the longest to break in with the double oak sole!!
I did notice with these too where they would eventually crease: across the shoe right below where the color changes. It worries me because every used black and burgundy Shelton looks awful there. Walnut seems to hold up better. Maybe the solution is to get a pair made up in shell.Quote:LOL, yeah I thought we had reached the point of "don't buy any more shoes" but she's cool with it. I don't necessarily tell her when I'm buying something; the boxes just show up.Quote:
Next time! It's in a little shop right behind the ol' Buckhead Theatre. It's crazy how much that area has been redeveloped.
BTW, a couple stores down from where we were in the mall was an H Stockton. I saw an Alden placard in the window, I didn't dare go in.
Edited by RichieP - 8/20/16 at 7:40pmpost #11001 of 193278/20/16 at 5:07pmpost #11002 of 193278/20/16 at 5:30pmQuote:Pretty nice day outside , should have gone for a walk.
Just got a set of the Mcallister in Merlot on sale for $190 the other day since their discontinuing that color line. Having a little trouble with them though. Picked them up Thursday and put a coat of the conditioner/cleaner on them for the initial prep before waxing them. Then yesterday I started putting a basic shine one them and realized that I've got white dry cracks on the side of one shoe and on the top by the eyelets. Anyone got any suggestions? I put one coat of lotion on originally which I suppose might not be enough, but now that I've already put wax on I'm a bit loath to strip it off and recondition them with more since I was hoping to wear them later tonight while out with friends.
Personally I would brush the heck out of them and then throw the conditioner cleaner away. Something has changed either will the conditioner/cleaner or the newer finishes which do not seem to play nice together. The wax is likely causing the white marks. I find that brushing is usually sufficient unless you are going for a stronger shine. This is usually best reserved for the toe and heel areas and not where there is creasing from flexing.post #11003 of 193278/20/16 at 5:31pmI picked up a pair of Strandmok 2.0 in suede in both blue and gray during the clearance sale. I love the way they look but will probably be sending them back because after trying them on its clothes I don't really think there's a place for them in my wardrobe. Will probably allocate the funds to the Academy when they go on sale.post #11004 of 193278/20/16 at 5:33pmpost #11005 of 193278/20/16 at 5:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by DustinM
I picked up a pair of Strandmok 2.0 in suede in both blue and gray during the clearance sale. I love the way they look but will probably be sending them back because after trying them on its clothes I don't really think there's a place for them in my wardrobe. Will probably allocate the funds to the Academy when they go on sale.
I bought them too! I think the blue is very nice, It can be worn with shorts and a dark blue or light blue polo?post #11006 of 193278/20/16 at 5:47pmpost #11007 of 193278/20/16 at 5:53pm
So I was going through the shoes I have stacked up in my study trying to make a decision on what I really want to keep. I noticed I have a few burgundy! I must like that color. But maybe too much.
Cambridge Cordovan (still haven't returned because it sat in box)
I had not realized until I got them out of the box and really sat them in the floor that the Dalton and Cambridge are very similar to the McAlister. I think I should have gotten a black Cordovan something...my point is do you guys ever get hung up on one color? This happens to me with my blue shoes.
I already have a Merlot Strand and Merlot PA.post #11008 of 193278/20/16 at 6:00pmpost #11009 of 193278/20/16 at 6:04pmpost #11010 of 193278/20/16 at 6:17pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Josh Hartnett suede shoes - New York SoHo 5 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 9 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 10 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...