Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 733  

post #10981 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorseHorse View Post

Doing some house cleaning after letting some of my 65 lasted shoes go on ebay.  My Oxblood First Aves don't get a lot of use and probably won't this year.  They have been worn twice, I paid 550 for them as a custom order.  If any one has any interest, throw me a PM before I put them up on ebay.  Size is 10D - cheers!

PM sent for details.
post #10982 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by amphillips79 View Post

PM sent for details.
Thank you; I really don't need to buy those from him but I'm tempted.
post #10983 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post

Thank you; I really don't need to buy those from him but I'm tempted.

Timing was perfect since I was just talking about boots recently.
post #10984 of 19334
Really enjoying the responses to the question asked by @SLCRich about clothing even though we're supposed to be discussing shoes. Thank you. I'm perpetually on the prowl for sale prices on pants, shirts, etc. Can't get enough. Hoping to venture into sport coats and ties soon. Also glad to hear I am not the only one shopping BR.

I'd like to try out some of the funkier (i.e. houndstooth & prince of wales) Lands End Year Rounder wool pants and would also love a pair of the BB whipcord trousers. Just need to stop spending my clothes budget on shoes and wait for the right price. Anyone have experience with either of those and care to comment on fit and durability?
post #10985 of 19334

Couple funny stories (at least I think).  When I first decided to adult and get adult clothes, I did go to BB.  Got their 4 for $200 deal on shirts, and my first ever purchases with chinos.  The guy that was helping me (turns out he was the manager) was like 92 years old (I bring up the age because I don't think there's any way he sold the slimmer/skinnier pants ever in his life.)  I ended up with Clark fit (it's super comfy but not flattering on my build).  The funny part...I never knew there were different cuts of pants.  32 years old, no idea.  So fast forward now, and I'm certain I'd have gone with their Milano cut (same style I have in their dress shirts.)

 

Story two is BR.  So there's two stores within 15-20 miles of me.  This was when they were doing one of their first item 50% off everything else x% off deals.  They also had a survey on the receipt for another 50% off (some of you may know where I'm going with this.)  So I'd go to store A, buy a shirt for 50% off, drive to store B, take the survey in the parking lot, get another shirt for 50% off then another 50% off that.  Rinse and repeat the entire week of the sale. 

 

Needless to say, after that and their most recent F&F sale, most of my wardrobe is BR.  

 

On another non shoe related topic...I try to hardly ever wash my "good" clothes.  Sounds disgusting but let me describe a day in the life (when I'm not golfing.)  Drive to work in A/C car, walk maybe 200 yards to the front door, sit at my desk/walk around on carpet in an A/C building acting busy for 8ish hours, walk back to my A/C car and drive home to change.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but knowing I don't sweat a ton when wearing my "nicer" clothes, I can go a few more wears between washing.  Although I'm extremely open minded if someone tells me I need to wash after every wear.

post #10986 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCRich View Post
 

Couple funny stories (at least I think).  When I first decided to adult and get adult clothes, I did go to BB.  Got their 4 for $200 deal on shirts, and my first ever purchases with chinos.  The guy that was helping me (turns out he was the manager) was like 92 years old (I bring up the age because I don't think there's any way he sold the slimmer/skinnier pants ever in his life.)  I ended up with Clark fit (it's super comfy but not flattering on my build).  The funny part...I never knew there were different cuts of pants.  32 years old, no idea.  So fast forward now, and I'm certain I'd have gone with their Milano cut (same style I have in their dress shirts.)

 

Story two is BR.  So there's two stores within 15-20 miles of me.  This was when they were doing one of their first item 50% off everything else x% off deals.  They also had a survey on the receipt for another 50% off (some of you may know where I'm going with this.)  So I'd go to store A, buy a shirt for 50% off, drive to store B, take the survey in the parking lot, get another shirt for 50% off then another 50% off that.  Rinse and repeat the entire week of the sale. 

 

Needless to say, after that and their most recent F&F sale, most of my wardrobe is BR.  

 

On another non shoe related topic...I try to hardly ever wash my "good" clothes.  Sounds disgusting but let me describe a day in the life (when I'm not golfing.)  Drive to work in A/C car, walk maybe 200 yards to the front door, sit at my desk/walk around on carpet in an A/C building acting busy for 8ish hours, walk back to my A/C car and drive home to change.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but knowing I don't sweat a ton when wearing my "nicer" clothes, I can go a few more wears between washing.  Although I'm extremely open minded if someone tells me I need to wash after every wear.


I love BR because I can get the modern fit shirts and pants there.  I can either go with a medium Grant shirt or small Camden.  I really prefer their non-iron.  They are normally $89, but can usually find pretty good deals throughout the year.  They have a good selection of pants too that are modern tailored slim fit which are tampered at the bottom.  For me they fit really well without the need to go to a tailor.  I also really like the BB Milano non-iron shirts with no front pockets.  They are normally $120, but I just buy them when they are on sale.  Unfortunately they don't carry the Milano fit in my store so I have to do it all online.  I use ShopRunner so I get free 2 day shipping and free returns.  I've tried many other retailers, but the fit isn't right.

post #10987 of 19334
Freaking jealous @Skelnik, I'm a large in both Grant and Camden. I do Grant for my dress shirts and Camden for casual. Massive pecs/quads, but short t rex arms is basically my build (hopefully you know of mfa on reddit)
post #10988 of 19334

If you are fortunate to have an outlet mall near by, BR outlets will save you lots of money.  I've bought several slacks that would be $70 at the normal stores for $30.  

post #10989 of 19334
+1 on the clothing talk. My wife spotted the Malones I just bought and moved them from my desk to the shoe closet. Busted! Anyway, she said I should be looking for some nicer clothes since I have so many nice shoes now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCRich View Post


On another non shoe related topic...I try to hardly ever wash my "good" clothes.  Sounds disgusting but let me describe a day in the life (when I'm not golfing.)  Drive to work in A/C car, walk maybe 200 yards to the front door, sit at my desk/walk around on carpet in an A/C building acting busy for 8ish hours, walk back to my A/C car and drive home to change.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but knowing I don't sweat a ton when wearing my "nicer" clothes, I can go a few more wears between washing.  Although I'm extremely open minded if someone tells me I need to wash after every wear.

Not so strange. I read somewhere (maybe from Jesse @'putthison) that wearing a t-shirt helps keep the funk away from the outer shirt, keeping it in better shape. Unfortunately, I'm so uncoordinated, I usually end up leaning my arm on or brushing up against something that necessitates a wash.
post #10990 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCRich View Post

Freaking jealous @Skelnik, I'm a large in both Grant and Camden. I do Grant for my dress shirts and Camden for casual. Massive pecs/quads, but short t rex arms is basically my build (hopefully you know of mfa on reddit)


I have a similar problem with the BR shirts in the arm length.  I would prefer them to be about an inch shorter in the mediums.  Plus their neck size is a bit small which is fine unless you needed to wear a tie, but fortunately I don't.

post #10991 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

My wife spotted the Malones I just bought and moved them from my desk to the shoe closet. Busted! 

:lol:

 

You think that's bad, but I currently have 4 pair at work under my desk.  I plan to release them gradually over time.  But if my wife found out, well... 

post #10992 of 19334
And to keep things AE related, I was at Lenox mall today and decided to stop by the Buckhead store afterwards. First time I since it opened. Was nice to see Lupe - he sold me my first pair of AE's a little over 2 years ago. The store was busy too. About a dozen people in during the time I was there. Lots of repeat customers like ourselves.

Anyway, I've coveted a Shelton and tried on the 2.0 walnut version today. First thing I noticed was a tight fit across the arch getting my foot in. I was surprised, given the 201 last offers more room for the arch. I don't know if my arches are high. No one's ever mentioned it during measurement. Maybe I'm just "above average". They're certainly not flat. I suspect as my foot pressed into the insole, eventually that issue would have been fine, but I also had a bit of heel slip. Could definitely feel it moving up and down with each step. Not a knockout for me, so had to pass today.

Sorry, forgot to take any pictures for you filthy barnweasels. Just didn't think of it.
post #10993 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

And to keep things AE related, I was at Lenox mall today and decided to stop by the Buckhead store afterwards. First time I since it opened. Was nice to see Lupe - he sold me my first pair of AE's a little over 2 years ago. The store was busy too. About a dozen people in during the time I was there. Lots of repeat customers like ourselves.

Anyway, I've coveted a Shelton and tried on the 2.0 walnut version today. First thing I noticed was a tight fit across the arch getting my foot in. I was surprised, given the 201 last offers more room for the arch. I don't know if my arches are high. No one's ever mentioned it during measurement. Maybe I'm just "above average". They're certainly not flat. I suspect as my foot pressed into the insole, eventually that issue would have been fine, but I also had a bit of heel slip. Could definitely feel it moving up and down with each step. Not a knockout for me, so had to pass today.

Sorry, forgot to take any pictures for you filthy barnweasels. Just didn't think of it.


I was just in ATL a couple weeks ago.  Buckhead is a nice area.  Wish I thought to see if there was an AE there.  It would have been nice to stop by there and check it out and try on some shoes.

post #10994 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

And to keep things AE related, I was at Lenox mall today and decided to stop by the Buckhead store afterwards. First time I since it opened. Was nice to see Lupe - he sold me my first pair of AE's a little over 2 years ago. The store was busy too. About a dozen people in during the time I was there. Lots of repeat customers like ourselves.

Anyway, I've coveted a Shelton and tried on the 2.0 walnut version today. First thing I noticed was a tight fit across the arch getting my foot in. I was surprised, given the 201 last offers more room for the arch. I don't know if my arches are high. No one's ever mentioned it during measurement. Maybe I'm just "above average". They're certainly not flat. I suspect as my foot pressed into the insole, eventually that issue would have been fine, but I also had a bit of heel slip. Could definitely feel it moving up and down with each step. Not a knockout for me, so had to pass today.

Sorry, forgot to take any pictures for you filthy barnweasels. Just didn't think of it.

I had the exact same experience. The Rogue with blucher lace fits fine on the 201 past, so I ordered the Shelton. Same last but balmoral laced. Too tight and back it went.

post #10995 of 19334

Out hitting the thrift stores this afternoon. Time for the trusty Mapletons. Black saddle horn leather with contrast stitching and exposed eyelets.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc