Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/24/17 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 725post #10861 of 193288/19/16 at 1:53pmpost #10862 of 193288/19/16 at 2:02pmpost #10863 of 193288/19/16 at 2:28pmI've been eyeing a pair of Rush Streets at the shoe bank in golden brown cxl, my size and for $137 for the past month. I'm not sure if I should get them because I already bought a lot of shoes lately. But I also remember a few months back when I thought about buying a pair of McTavish shoes in cognac at the shoe bank for $137 as well and I thought about it to long and they were gone fast lol. Decisions, decisions 😕...post #10864 of 193288/19/16 at 2:32pmpost #10865 of 193288/19/16 at 2:33pmQuote:
I saw that. The Shoe Bank had a pretty good price, and then the eBay page had them in black for $150. If the price gets lower, I would really consider it. I know black shoes aren't really used much besides formal events, but I wear a lot of black pants (for work) and I figure what goes better with black pants than black shoes?post #10866 of 193288/19/16 at 2:33pmpost #10867 of 193288/19/16 at 2:35pmpost #10868 of 193288/19/16 at 2:43pmBrooks Fifth Avenues, $169 from the ShoeBank when ordered through the Palo Alro store. I think I've noticed the defects (on the left shoe, a little too much leather beyond the edge of the brogueing on the cap), but that's triviaL.
This was the last pair on my mental checklist of styles I needed to round out my wardrobe. I know it's probably unusual to acquire a plain-ish black balmoral *after* black bluchers, wingtips, and tassel loafers, but for a long time I thought that my bluchers were "dressy enough" for my purposes (and I was probably right). Anyway, now that I have my bases covered, I look forward to saving up for a while and, perhaps sometime down in the road, indulging in some shell cordovan, or, perhaps (*gasp!*) trying a brand other then Allen Edmonds, if I can find one that manufactures pairs in my size.post #10869 of 193288/19/16 at 2:57pmpost #10870 of 193288/19/16 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by MattRiv
I usually pay between $40-100 for good AE shoes on eBay. Some you win, some you lose. For instance the pair of vintage (82-83) Chesnutt Chesters that I wore today that had maybe 5-10 wears on them that I paid $40 for.
Or merlot Hopkinson for $85.
Malverns for $40.
Harrisons for $40.
Patience is the key. The hunt is my addiction and the better the deal, the better the fix.
Does anyone think about bedbugs or fungus when buying shoes that are preowned? They hide in shoes.post #10871 of 193288/19/16 at 3:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lobster33
As much as I want to buy some used shoes, I doubt I'll be able to get over putting my feet in shoes that have months of someone else's sweat. If it were a family member, that would be different, but I can't get over it. However, if you got them recrafted, I imagine the new cork would allow for a new indention. The sweat smell would still be there, but I imagine you could get them to fit well. Having said this, I don't mind buying shoes that have been worn 1-2 times.
Lobster, I agree. And if you saw my previous post I don't want someone's bed bugs either!post #10872 of 193288/19/16 at 3:08pmQuote:
I guess it's possible, but I never thought of that. I do worry about fungus, as it sometimes affects me.
Brooklyn: Don't feel bad. I just ordered a pair of Loake 1880 shoe seconds. I will always be an AE guy first, but I do want to try other brands that are on par with AE.post #10873 of 193288/19/16 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Echoes14
I'm afraid I have to play another round of "To keep, or not to keep...." with the Rogues I just received, purchased during the clearance sale.
First is the condition: there's a fairly decent rough spot in the leather that's a quarter-inch long or so, along with some discoloration.
Second, the overall fit might be a little big. Maybe because I wore my McCallisters for a full day yesterday, but it seems like I'm swimming in the Rogues. I'm a 9 1/2 3E in the 65 last, and the Rogues feel a half-size too long...I have a TON of room in toe toe box. The width is almost spot-on, though.
My experience has been the Rogue since it's a blucher is very wide. I had to go 1/2 size down in them.post #10874 of 193288/19/16 at 3:22pmQuote:I bought a pair of Strands fairly heavily used for sub-$100 and got lucky that the previous owner's footbed conforms well to mine. Remain my best fitting 5-last shoes, which is a damn shame. Only pair that close lacing well and don't impinge my foot. They may have encouraged me not to go up a width where I otherwise should have.Originally Posted by middlepP
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)With all of the recent ebay chatter, I have a question for the group: What do you do when there is a serious indention in the footbed?
I've had reservations in the past when it comes to used shoes, primarily because I don't know who was wearing them, if they share @SLCRich
's taste in socks , or what type of imprint is left behind in the footbed.post #10875 of 193288/19/16 at 4:17pmNon shoe related...where do you shop for clothes? Mall or MTM or (jealous if so) bespoke? I'm trying to expand my knowledge on clothing in general. I pretty much destroyed Banana Republic on their last few 50% off sales and I'm happy with it BUT there's always something slightly off on the fit with off the rack clothing for me. So gentleman, school me please
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Look goes on... 1 minute ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 15 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Banana Republic Trench Coat, fits as a MEDIUM 19 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 21 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 26 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 35 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...