Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 10:15 am in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:23 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 716post #10726 of 175868/18/16 at 7:06ampost #10727 of 175868/18/16 at 7:07amQuote:
I've got a basically brand new pair of walnut Rutledges for sale right now!
Who wants them? 11D.
Edited by MattRiv - 8/18/16 at 7:24ampost #10728 of 175868/18/16 at 7:16ampost #10729 of 175868/18/16 at 8:08amQuote:
Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I am very excited to get them in. I was initially about 50/50 on whether or not to buy the shoes, but the recommendations from everyone here made it a no-brainer. I plan to pick up many more, but my wallet needs a rest...at least until the next sale haha.Quote:
Ah got it, thank you for the heads up. I am definitely going to give a good look at the Dundee after the Hopkinson. After that, the possibilities are both thrilling and terrifyingQuote:Originally Posted by MattRiv
Haha. I think most of us have roughly the same story as to how we got into shoes. I started out with a walnut Strand and now I have 17 pairs of just Allen Edmonds.
I don't know your style, but like others have said, I would try and add some casual shoes/bluchers/boots/loafers.
17 pairs...first that sounded nuts, but after 3 shoes in less than a month and a half, I can easily see this getting there. I am definitely interested in the bluchers and boots. Never been much of a fan of loafers, but I wanted to explore their casual shoes a little bit more when I have more readily available funds. Thanks!
Edited - I just saw your post above with your Rutledges. Very nice! I can't wait to get mine in and give them some TLC before posting some pictures.post #10730 of 175868/18/16 at 8:39ampost #10731 of 175868/18/16 at 8:41ampost #10732 of 175868/18/16 at 8:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Lobster33
Awesome. Prepare for your collection to triple if you keep hanging around this place...
Morning Lobster wears black Leeds (sorry for the dust from moving).
Thanks for the kind words...and I am trying to prepare for that. Hoping to keep my obsession to a reasonable pace of buying, but we all know how futile that is. Great looking shoes!post #10733 of 175868/18/16 at 8:47ampost #10734 of 175868/18/16 at 9:22am
I wear these red cxl Kirks as my house shoes, so I guess I average at least 2 AEs per day. Unfortunately 'bumming around the house mP' doesn't have the same ring...post #10735 of 175868/18/16 at 9:52amQuote:
Did you do anything to them? I've got the same pair, and those fargin' bastiges have shredded the back of my left heel twice. And they don't feel like they're slipping or moving. I'm not looking forward to the third time!post #10736 of 175868/18/16 at 9:55ampost #10737 of 175868/18/16 at 11:26ampost #10738 of 175868/18/16 at 11:28ampost #10739 of 175868/18/16 at 12:18pmQuote:
I concur. I'm normally a 12B but I got my Verona IIs in 11D. It's the only size i've tried on (so I don't know, maybe 12B would be amazing), but they fit like slippers. Regular socks or loafer socks (sockless), they're just comfortable. I didn't want a pair in brown previously (as I was drawn to the black), but now I definitely do!
-Jpost #10740 of 175868/18/16 at 12:22pmQuote:
I don't know if the back of the leather is becoming more supple or if the back of my heels are becoming more robust. I used Saphir Renovator on the part of the leather that tore up my heal (to help in removing the blood stains) and I think that it has started to soften up the material. Today's wearing experience is far more pleasant than the previous 2 times.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 5 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 58 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Stoffa Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 26 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent NEW Black Suede London 20 Side Zip Boots size 41.5 27 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 30 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL THRIFT/DISCOUNT STORE FIT PIC BRAGGING THREAD 39 minutes ago
- › TOD's cardholder blue alligator BNIB tods 47 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway