or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 709

post #10621 of 17593
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMiddles View Post

Do the British bands have stores stateside?

The Who used to have a Memphis store over by the old Mid-South Collisium but that was before Keith Moon died. I've seen McCartney kiosks at Target during his current tour.
post #10622 of 17593
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post
 

 

AE releasing a shoe that goes straight to the shoebank is the fashion equivalent of a new movie bypassing the theaters and going straight to Netflix.

 

But why release a sequel if the first one bombed? 

post #10623 of 17593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post

I measure 8.25 D on the brannock.  I find that most 8.5 D AE shoes feel too large, so I wear almost exclusively 8 D.  

You might be right about the 7.5 E being too loose in the heel if your 7.5 D feels right in the heel.   I still suggest trying the 8 D because that would definitely help you close the V gap, and it would not change the fit in the heel much.   Honestly, I find it very interesting that you can even fit into a 7.5 D Park Ave when you measure 8-8.5 D -- no way could I do that.   I can tell by looking at your pictures that your arch is lower than mine.   If your 7.5 D feels comfortable, you should know that your V gap will close roughly a quarter inch or more in time.  They might look fine once the cork footbed sinks after continued wear.

Thanks again for all the info. Mine are actually strands, have you had experience with both the strands and park aves? I know they are both in the 5 lasts but do they fit the same? How does your 7.5 E fit in the heels? I'm from Canada and my local Nordstrom ran out of sizes and they are not able to order any so I have to buy online. The 7.5 D fits pretty tight on the sides and if I pull the laces tight, it feels like it is restricting blood flow.
post #10624 of 17593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post

But why release a sequel if the first one bombed? 

What shoe are we talking about?
post #10625 of 17593
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineappleguy16 View Post
 

 

 

Hey thanks for the replies, the length on the 7.5 D seems to be perfect so I'm worried if I go with 8 D, the widest part of my foot won't line up with the widest part of the shoe and there may still be the wide lace gap. Only thing I'm concerned about with the 7.5 E is the heel may be too loose. 

 

Lobster33, what do you measure on the brannock?


As per my previous comment I'm with @Lobster33, 8D is probably going to give you the best overall fit.  I wouldn't be OVERLY concerned with the widest part of your foot and shoe lining up absolutely perfect.  Its important, but so is heel slip, arch support and instep fit.  The length difference between 7.5D and 8D is only one sixth of an inch and thats spread out both behind the widest part and in front of the widest part.  So its not going to change where your foot and it line up by a huge amount.  It may even be better.  Or the 7.5E might do the trick.

post #10626 of 17593
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineappleguy16 View Post


Thanks again for all the info. Mine are actually strands, have you had experience with both the strands and park aves? I know they are both in the 5 lasts but do they fit the same? How does your 7.5 E fit in the heels? I'm from Canada and my local Nordstrom ran out of sizes and they are not able to order any so I have to buy online. The 7.5 D fits pretty tight on the sides and if I pull the laces tight, it feels like it is restricting blood flow.

 

Eeek, based on your description, you sound like you are wearing shoes that are too tight / narrow.  The 8 D will be slightly longer, but the Strand is supposed to be a long shoe anyway.  I've tried on both the Strand and PA, and I found that they fit almost the same.  I felt the Strand was slightly tighter, but not by much.  I can't wear 8 D in either shoe because the V at least an inch wide.  

 

My 7.5 E feels the same as my 8 D Leeds shoes.  I personally find that the 65 last is about 1/2 size narrow in the heel, so the E width is like a D with in size 8.  I don't experience any heel slip at all and the shoe looks and feels perfect.  

 

Based on what you've posted, you sound like an 8 D.   And as Ace said, 1/2 size up is not much larger, but it can make a huge difference in fit.

post #10627 of 17593
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

WHen did this happen?

https://dappered.com/2016/08/in-review-the-allen-edmonds-higgings-mill-boot/


A while ago.

post #10628 of 17593
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post


What shoe are we talking about?

 

The Sequoia  2.0

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/mens-shoes/new-shoe-styles/sequoia-101-timber-slip-on-penny-loafer/SF1421.html 2.

post #10629 of 17593
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Yeah, fully expect the hike to happen with the fall collection.

In other news, the CJ Pembroke comes out to $445 through Pediwear due to the low exchange...

Also, IMO they got the pattern totally off on the Washington Square austerity brogue. I'm not sure why they couldn't have just used the old Ardsley Park pattern (maybe minus the pinking):


I can't possibly agree more.  A short time ago someone asked what styles by other makers would you like to see AE come out with.  Austerity Brogue was on my list.  Without seeing them in person, I think AE whiffed.  An Ardsley Park minus the pinking would have been MUCH better.

post #10630 of 17593
I see that the Cascade is back, with a different last. I like the new color.
I've been pretty happy with my old pair. They've been a great casual boot.
post #10631 of 17593
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post
 

One of the new styles, the "Thousand Oaks," is a casual short wing made of chamois leather. It's description is a mystery as the sole is "XL Henry rubber sole" and its built in the 2321 last. The last is not described on the AE website and I have no idea what the XL Henry sole looks like, other than the lug appearance on the image. Anyone know about these variables? Does AE make any other chamois leather shoes or have this sole on anything else?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

@smfdoc 100% had the same questions as you on the 1000 oaks. I'm a lug sole guy all the way.

Btw - wtf with the sequoia? It came out last year straight to shoebank and now it's back?


When one of the SA's at Paramus asked "is there anything you're looking for?"  I said a Kiowa.  He told me they were coming out with something like it called the Thousand Oaks.

 

:facepalm:

 

NOT a Kiowa. 

post #10632 of 17593
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCRich View Post

Apparently I only wear brown loafers with these burgundy chinos. Graysons for dinner tonight
You made it to three pairs worn in one day! Nobody can say you are not a serious shoe guy. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #10633 of 17593
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post
 


As per my previous comment I'm with @Lobster33, 8D is probably going to give you the best overall fit.  I wouldn't be OVERLY concerned with the widest part of your foot and shoe lining up absolutely perfect.  Its important, but so is heel slip, arch support and instep fit.  The length difference between 7.5D and 8D is only one sixth of an inch and thats spread out both behind the widest part and in front of the widest part.  So its not going to change where your foot and it line up by a huge amount.  It may even be better.  Or the 7.5E might do the trick.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post

 

 

Eeek, based on your description, you sound like you are wearing shoes that are too tight / narrow.  The 8 D will be slightly longer, but the Strand is supposed to be a long shoe anyway.  I've tried on both the Strand and PA, and I found that they fit almost the same.  I felt the Strand was slightly tighter, but not by much.  I can't wear 8 D in either shoe because the V at least an inch wide.  

 

My 7.5 E feels the same as my 8 D Leeds shoes.  I personally find that the 65 last is about 1/2 size narrow in the heel, so the E width is like a D with in size 8.  I don't experience any heel slip at all and the shoe looks and feels perfect.  

 

Based on what you've posted, you sound like an 8 D.   And as Ace said, 1/2 size up is not much larger, but it can make a huge difference in fit.

 

Damn, I ordered the 7.5 E already and I guess I'll wait till it arrives to see how it fits. Hopefully I don't have to return it for the 2nd time.

 

Lobster, I feel like we fit the 5 last very similar. If I do get the 8 D,  I don't see how the V will close that much more compared to the 7.5 D which looks very wide.

post #10634 of 17593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post

...  Loakes has no stores as far as I know, but you can buy online from several sources.

I'm not sure they ship to the US anymore, as of about this time last year. However, there are some Loakes rebranded by Herring - same shoe and same last - that you can buy from Herring and they'll ship to the US. I wanted a suede chukka with a flat welt (AE's Dundee has a split welt) and Herring has a rebranded Loake that works well for me. Herring was a big help with sizing questions, too.
post #10635 of 17593
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineappleguy16 View Post
 

 

 

 

Damn, I ordered the 7.5 E already and I guess I'll wait till it arrives to see how it fits. Hopefully I don't have to return it for the 2nd time.

 

Lobster, I feel like we fit the 5 last very similar. If I do get the 8 D,  I don't see how the V will close that much more compared to the 7.5 D which looks very wide.

 

Give the 7.5 E a try and post pictures on here and we will try to help.  

 

I'll tell you my experience with the PA.  I tried 8 D but the V was at least an inch wide.  The shoe fit okay, but did feel a little more snug in the heel than my other shoes.  I ended up ordering an 8.5 D in merlot this year.  The V started at 1/2 inch but now it is less than 1/4 inch. It fits perfect in the heel, and there's no heel slip, but the excessive volume in the front is a bit noticeable.  My big toe barely gets past the cap line.   I eventually ordered a 7.5 E in oxblood and it fits perfectly.   The V started off at about 1/2 inch.  I'm likely going to sell my 8.5's because of this.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc