This is one of the best parts of buying new shoes!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/24/17 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 687post #10292 of 193288/11/16 at 8:26amBoardroom's today:
Also, forgot to post this- found a chocolate suede AE belt at Nordstrom Rack for $40. No issues, and a perfect match for my suede Strands:
Also (part II), ordered a pair of black NIB Verona II's from eBay this morning. Not a planned purchase, but I had been wanting some black bit loafers ever since my Cole Haan Ascot II's gave up the ghost last year (and I didn't want Gucci's)post #10293 of 193288/11/16 at 8:31ampost #10294 of 193288/11/16 at 8:33ampost #10295 of 193288/11/16 at 8:48am
Amen to this. This, plus all the additional cedar I have in my closet (hangar rings, hanging blocks, some random 2x4s, bags of cedar shavings, etc) means that my closet smells like a cedary, leathery wonderland.
My closet smells like manliness and freedom.post #10296 of 193288/11/16 at 9:05ampost #10297 of 193288/11/16 at 9:35ampost #10298 of 193288/11/16 at 9:38amQuote:
I've been very tempted to get the Merlot Randolph, but with Verona II's incoming, 2 pairs of Cavanaughs, and the Graysons that I'm waiting for the RDA sale to purchase, I'm not really hurting for another pair of loafers.post #10299 of 193288/11/16 at 10:14ampost #10300 of 193288/11/16 at 10:24amQuote:Originally Posted by St Hubbins
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
At the risk of sparking an all-day undershirt conversation, here is another installment of "Cheap Clothes, Expensive Shoes." Inauguration day for these Black McGregor factory seconds. These have the potential to be my best fitting pair. A shame, too, because they're black.
I've been wearing $7 Calvin Klein white undershirts from Marshall's/TJ Maxx for 15 years, I see no reason to change now.post #10301 of 193288/11/16 at 10:39amQuote:
What store in Miami (assuming you are talking Miami, FL)?post #10302 of 193288/11/16 at 10:45amQuote:
I did and they probably feel about a 1/4 size bigger throughout the shoe than my 65s. They are so comfortable though. I have a pair of Harrisons that I picked up from ebay for relatively cheap, but if a black Hopkinson comes around, I'll be hard pressed not to replace them.post #10303 of 193288/11/16 at 10:46am
I mean't to say Orlando. Oops. Some store in Orlando FL. I don't know exactly where though.
Since I live in Canada, I'm royally screwed if I buy AE with my Credit card. For one, our Canadian dollar is shit. $137 USD is $177 Canadian. Then if I pay by CC, then I will get charged their conversion rate.. then shipping, then maybe duty.. = royally fucked...
So I get around this by, having someone in the USA pay for it in USD and I just pay them in US dollars. I've done this with all but one of my AE shoe purchases.
Yes I got charged duty/taxes whatever once when I had a pair of Strands seconds shipped.post #10304 of 193288/11/16 at 10:55ampost #10305 of 193288/11/16 at 11:33amQuote:
It's just that I have the least use for black shoes and my best fitting shoes will be spending so much time on the bench. Will have to begin working a black shoe outfit into the mix more often. The bigger shame is that my brown eBay pair marked the same size feels too small.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 16 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 minute ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 3 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 9 minutes ago
- › Did Magnanni get better? 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...