or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 687

post #10291 of 17811
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2511 View Post

... On the bright side my closet smells of leather and cedar...

This is one of the best parts of buying new shoes!
post #10292 of 17811
Boardroom's today:
40793969-9BB5-46C1-B44C-10A436274D3B_zps6zmrb25b.jpg

Also, forgot to post this- found a chocolate suede AE belt at Nordstrom Rack for $40. No issues, and a perfect match for my suede Strands:
385DBB73-5D66-4391-B664-4F9A13DB5943_zpskucaqdqw.jpg

Also (part II), ordered a pair of black NIB Verona II's from eBay this morning. Not a planned purchase, but I had been wanting some black bit loafers ever since my Cole Haan Ascot II's gave up the ghost last year (and I didn't want Gucci's)
post #10293 of 17811
Black Arezzos since the forecast called for wet weather when I left home today.



post #10294 of 17811


Shannon Drives have been good luck for upgrades. Time to head home...
post #10295 of 17811
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero25 View Post

This is one of the best parts of buying new shoes!

Amen to this. This, plus all the additional cedar I have in my closet (hangar rings, hanging blocks, some random 2x4s, bags of cedar shavings, etc) means that my closet smells like a cedary, leathery wonderland.

My closet smells like manliness and freedom.
post #10296 of 17811


At the risk of sparking an all-day undershirt conversation, here is another installment of "Cheap Clothes, Expensive Shoes." Inauguration day for these Black McGregor factory seconds. These have the potential to be my best fitting pair. A shame, too, because they're black.
post #10297 of 17811
I don't currently have a penny loafer in rotation, so I bit at the merlot Randolph. I have a pair of burgundy Meermins that I just polish with dark brown cream right now, I'm assuming I should invest in some appropriately colored cream for these, however?
post #10298 of 17811
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTohm View Post

I don't currently have a penny loafer in rotation, so I bit at the merlot Randolph. I have a pair of burgundy Meermins that I just polish with dark brown cream right now, I'm assuming I should invest in some appropriately colored cream for these, however?

I've been very tempted to get the Merlot Randolph, but with Verona II's incoming, 2 pairs of Cavanaughs, and the Graysons that I'm waiting for the RDA sale to purchase, I'm not really hurting for another pair of loafers.
post #10299 of 17811
My Mcgregor's have been ordered and waiting for them to come to the store in Miami and then my buddy will ship them to me. Why do you say it's a shame cuz they're black? Do you regret your purchase?
post #10300 of 17811
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Hubbins View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

At the risk of sparking an all-day undershirt conversation, here is another installment of "Cheap Clothes, Expensive Shoes." Inauguration day for these Black McGregor factory seconds. These have the potential to be my best fitting pair. A shame, too, because they're black.

 

I've been wearing $7 Calvin Klein white undershirts from Marshall's/TJ Maxx for 15 years, I see no reason to change now.

post #10301 of 17811
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

My Mcgregor's have been ordered and waiting for them to come to the store in Miami and then my buddy will ship them to me. Why do you say it's a shame cuz they're black? Do you regret your purchase?

 

What store in Miami (assuming you are talking Miami, FL)?

post #10302 of 17811
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnation View Post
 

sweet and you were able to get them in the merlot color too! didn't realize how much the 201 last fit better for high instep until i saw your pic. are you the same size in 201 as you are in the 65 last?

I did and they probably feel about a 1/4 size bigger throughout the shoe than my 65s.  They are so comfortable though.  I have a pair of Harrisons that I picked up from ebay for relatively cheap, but if a black Hopkinson comes around, I'll be hard pressed not to replace them.

post #10303 of 17811
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2511 View Post

What store in Miami (assuming you are talking Miami, FL)?

I mean't to say Orlando. Oops. Some store in Orlando FL. I don't know exactly where though.

Since I live in Canada, I'm royally screwed if I buy AE with my Credit card. For one, our Canadian dollar is shit. $137 USD is $177 Canadian. Then if I pay by CC, then I will get charged their conversion rate.. then shipping, then maybe duty.. = royally fucked...

So I get around this by, having someone in the USA pay for it in USD and I just pay them in US dollars. I've done this with all but one of my AE shoe purchases.

Yes I got charged duty/taxes whatever once when I had a pair of Strands seconds shipped.
post #10304 of 17811

Dumb question: Keep hearing talk of an RDA sale. Any idea when it is and any clue as to what shoes might be included? I realize that second part is broad-based but what Im really looking for is a new pair of Daltons in advance of fall. Thanks

post #10305 of 17811
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

My Mcgregor's have been ordered and waiting for them to come to the store in Miami and then my buddy will ship them to me. Why do you say it's a shame cuz they're black? Do you regret your purchase?

It's just that I have the least use for black shoes and my best fitting shoes will be spending so much time on the bench.  Will have to begin working a black shoe outfit into the mix more often. The bigger shame is that my brown eBay pair marked the same size feels too small.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc