I've got my vintage Florsheim pebble grain LWBs on today. I'd love to compare them to a MacNeil in person.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:15 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 4:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:25 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 686post #10277 of 175648/11/16 at 6:40am@peppercorn78
My brannock is a 9.5d. I have both.
My Patriots took forever to break in because I have a high instep but I found the toe box to be roomy in width. Now that they've broken in, they aren't painful at all and it is by far my best fitting loafer When it's on my foot, it fits like a glove. The Northlake started tighter and felt narrower in the toe box but stretched more. In hindsight, I should have manned up through the 9d.
If you have also worn a Cavanaugh and are interested with my experience with that shoe:
The Cavanaugh, I have in a 9.5d and the fit of it doesn't work by the end of the day my foot keeps getting jammed into the toe box and the heel is slipping. They fit way worse after the break in, than in the store. They also just seem very meh on my foot and they tend to bulge out at the sides and look boxy, if they weren't navy suede would never wear.
Edited by LeeMerrill - 8/11/16 at 6:50ampost #10278 of 175648/11/16 at 7:17ampost #10279 of 175648/11/16 at 7:26ampost #10280 of 175648/11/16 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by naspratt
If anyone wanted to buy a size 17(!!!) shell Grayson, here it is; if you have normal people feet, maybe turn it into a suit?
Edit: retailed for $525! Man, wish I'd been in on those days.
Strange that they don't have the usual dovetail heel that AE uses for shell shoes. Maybe doves don't grow that big?post #10281 of 175648/11/16 at 7:47ampost #10282 of 175648/11/16 at 7:51am@peppercorn78 Do you have anything else similar to the northland - like a 114 last loafer or something like that? The patriot has a really odd fit. Pure length I feel like the northland was about the same. Northland heel is more normal, less narrow. Toe is pretty roomy. Do you have a Kirkwood / maritime? Very similar, just a little narrower and more rigid. For the price they're a steal.post #10283 of 175648/11/16 at 7:54ampost #10284 of 175648/11/16 at 7:55amQuote:
I have been wanting to get a pair of the Strandmok 2.0s but just not for the price. I also was unsure about grey suede or the brown suede. I landed on the grey because I have the sea island in olive and mcgregors in brogue suede. These sales and the AE ebay store are killing me though. Like I need to setup a deliberate rotation schedule going forward and stop buying new ones. On the bright side my closet smells of leather and cedar...post #10285 of 175648/11/16 at 8:01amQuote:Originally Posted by M2511
How did she shine them if you don't mind my asking? I typically use a variation of shoe snob shining though when I have AE premium polish for colors outside of black I tend to skip the cream polish part. For higher shin I use neutral on the cap or toe of the shoe and heal since I don't find the premium polish to leave a high shine.
1. AE Premium polish to restore the color in the shoe.
2. "Spit" shine using a little AE Brown wax.post #10286 of 175648/11/16 at 8:01ampost #10287 of 175648/11/16 at 8:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
@peppercorn78 Do you have anything else similar to the northland - like a 114 last loafer or something like that? The patriot has a really odd fit. Pure length I feel like the northland was about the same. Northland heel is more normal, less narrow. Toe is pretty roomy. Do you have a Kirkwood / maritime? Very similar, just a little narrower and more rigid. For the price they're a steal.
I haz no loafers. :(
comes from having very odd shaped feet. but, at 100$ish, it's worth a try. Can always return if sad trombone...
thanks for helping, tho!
Edited by peppercorn78 - 8/11/16 at 8:15ampost #10288 of 175648/11/16 at 8:13am
Has anyone had problems with the finish coming off on Walnut Strands? I purchased a pair last October-ish, and after a few months the finish was coming off pretty significantly. It was to the point that I walked into my local AE store while wearing them and the two sales associates immediately noticed something was wrong with them. They replaced them at no charge. However, after another few months with the new pair, it looks like the finish is started to come off them as well, albeit not quite so bad. I've tried polishing them, but the lighter areas where the finish is coming off is still very visible. And I'm almost certain it's not just due to my roughing up the shoes. I have another pair of Strands and two pairs of McAllisters with some scuffs, but they don't look like the finishing is coming off. If I remember correctly, the sales associate told me last October when I get the first pair that they had recently changed the Walnut finishing, and I wonder if that has something to do with my difficulties.post #10289 of 175648/11/16 at 8:15amQuote:Originally Posted by MattRiv
I have had them for several months now. They were in basically semi-new condition with some light wear on the soles. There is a slight lump in the footbed that falls right behind my toes so I don't really notice it, but I'm sure that's why they were returned and came into Dobondo's possession.
sweet and you were able to get them in the merlot color too! didn't realize how much the 201 last fit better for high instep until i saw your pic. are you the same size in 201 as you are in the 65 last?post #10290 of 175648/11/16 at 8:22amQuote:Originally Posted by M2511
I have been wanting to get a pair of the Strandmok 2.0s but just not for the price. I also was unsure about grey suede or the brown suede. I landed on the grey because I have the sea island in olive and mcgregors in brogue suede. These sales and the AE ebay store are killing me though. Like I need to setup a deliberate rotation schedule going forward and stop buying new ones. On the bright side my closet smells of leather and cedar...
I feel your pain. I've had to resist a number of opportunities that were so close to being trigger-worthy. Unfortunately, with a kid getting ready for braces in our house, funds are low. I haven't bought anything since January, and that was a pair of Normandy boots from our favorite eBay seller. Last purchase from AE/Shoebank was over a year ago, when they had the tan saddle Gobi for $97. I'm currently about 2 boots and 2 shoes shy of a really solid, year-round, Chicago-weather rotation, so I'm trying to maximize value here with any future purchase. Brown Odenwald seems to really hit that sweet spot for a casual work environment and weekend usage.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 24 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 35 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 45 minutes ago
- › House of Kydos - Official Affiliate Thread 52 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway