I can't stand anything with a logo in visible view. That is one of the many reasons I will not buy Ecco shoes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 12/8/16 at 6:27am in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:45 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 684post #10246 of 178648/10/16 at 1:22pmpost #10247 of 178648/10/16 at 1:45pmQuote:
I got in on Woodlore's 2-for-1 on the one-piece toe trees back in May/June/July. Now they have this one. Do they ever do the Epics on that kind of deal? At 2-for-1 on Epics, I'd go for a bunch.post #10248 of 178648/10/16 at 2:45pmpost #10249 of 178648/10/16 at 2:46pmQuote:
I would say they're both slightly dressier than your stated needs, but also both roughly equal on the dressy spectrum. All things being equal, it's summer, so go for the monk!Quote:Originally Posted by St Hubbins
I wouldn't want to give the wrong impression. Besides, I spent all my money on shoes.
I, too, am in IT. And my location is almost all IT, so I wouldn't say the majority here are sartorially savvy. But, you're right. I've come across similar recommendations in my reading but haven't gotten there yet. I am only about a year into adopting this new, more adult-like facade. Will have to work that in during the winter months when my skin tones regulate.
Off topic, but I love your avatar. And as we all know, correct me if I'm wrong Lord Percy, Saint Leonard himself was AN eunach!Quote:Originally Posted by harlequin782
Yeah...I definitely recognized Dapkicks...havent come across Pep's trademark shots yet, but Im sure I will spot one soon...the in the wild shots really give a good idea of how accurate the stock photos are vs what you will receive when your order is actually shipped.
My photo is the grey McTavish sitting on a playground bench with iced coffee.
I've tried to change yo the composition a little bit on my photos so it's more interesting than just different shoes in the same pose. And of course, there most be coffee...Quote:Originally Posted by middlepP
I didn't know they had a picture gallery on their site. Thanks for mentioning it @harlequin782
. Pretty cool! I definitely see a bunch of pics I recognize @peppercorn78
. Though... this has me thinking that I need to take better/cooler pictures. Mine are never intended to be great photography - rather give everyone in this thread a non-stock, in the wild pic (along with some feedback on pics).
Yours are very clear, though! Quite informative as a reference.post #10250 of 178648/10/16 at 2:48pmpost #10251 of 178648/10/16 at 3:36pmpost #10252 of 178648/10/16 at 4:03pmpost #10253 of 178648/10/16 at 5:39pmpost #10254 of 178648/10/16 at 5:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by St Hubbins
Not just any polos, though. Polos in highly synthetic blends with IT company logos... those are the best.
IT People! Woot.
We've got everything here from smart casual to idgaf but most are in denim and sneakers. You look dressed up here if you're dressed to hit the golf course. The only people here who wear traditional business attire are salesmen who visit.
Hey now, we get lots of vendor t-shirts these days! 100% cotton, great for the gym. Honestly I can't recall the last time I got a vendor polo shirt. Maybe 2005? Business casual for us so you'll see quite an array of cringe-worthy shoes with those khakis and chinos here.post #10255 of 178648/10/16 at 6:22pmQuote:Derp! Captoes they were.
Goes to show you that the brown Strandmoks didn't get that much love in the last thread, but they look so much better IRL pics.post #10256 of 178648/10/16 at 7:36pmAll this talk of shoe trees.. . .perfect timing!
I just got two woodlore epic trees (at full price) for my two pair of shells and noticed that they don't fit as snug as my regular JAB/AE trees (which I assume are the same as the woodlore full toe trees) in the same size. Anyone else notice that? I realize i'm at a weird size (12b usually gets large), right at the end of the size range, but still. Anyone else notice this? I was finding lots of copycat "kind of like a last" trees on ebay/amazon for cheap, but don't want to get a bunch of trees that don't fit. Similar experiences? All my shoes but one pair are AE, so definitely related discussion!post #10257 of 178648/10/16 at 7:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Newberry
I know this isn't an AE post but I just wanted to share this and say how crazy it is that Cole Haan keeps increasing their prices and now they're up to $400!! With that kind of money you can buy 2 Allen Edmonds shoes on sale. Does anyone actually pay full retail for this? I mean I have some Cole Haans that I've gotten on deep sales but 400 bucks is just absurd.
I know! I am a Cole Haan fan but the new whole cuts are $350 each. I paid $330 for mine. I have 4 pair. Then of course you have to realize that Cole Haan will always have 40% off sales. They have one now and you can pick up stuff at $100. NEVER buy a full price Cole Haan unless you have coupons or gift cards.post #10258 of 178648/10/16 at 7:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by mingus2112
All this talk of shoe trees.. . .perfect timing!
I just got two woodlore epic trees (at full price) for my two pair of shells and noticed that they don't fit as snug as my regular JAB/AE trees (which I assume are the same as the woodlore full toe trees) in the same size. Anyone else notice that? I realize i'm at a weird size (12b usually gets large), right at the end of the size range, but still. Anyone else notice this? I was finding lots of copycat "kind of like a last" trees on ebay/amazon for cheap, but don't want to get a bunch of trees that don't fit. Similar experiences? All my shoes but one pair are AE, so definitely related discussion!
I'm just on the other side of that L/XL line at a 13B. I normally get XL trees in either the solid or split toe when they go on sale at Jos A Banks or Nordstrom and they work fine. But on Amazon Prime Day I got a pair of XL Ollieroo brand fancy style trees on sale, and they are just a little too big in every dimension. The heels are too wide, I really have to jam the toe in and it doesn't really go very deep into the toe box, and the top part is taller than my flat feet and I'm worried that it might deform my shoes in a way that my feet can't fill. So far I've been using them in a pair of 13A Fifth Aves that I kind of wish would stretch but haven't got around to actually trying to stretch in any organized manner.post #10259 of 178648/10/16 at 7:57pmQuote:I find the Jeffersons to be slightly less tight across the instep compared to my other 65-last shoes.Originally Posted by Lobster33
This is my size, but it might not fit me since this is the 65 last. How does the fit compare to the Park Ave? I'm not hugely interested, but I do recognize the value being presented here, and this is a soon-to-be extinct shoe.
Off topic, but how often do you guys put conditioner cleaner on your shoes?
Conditioner cleaner is no more than once a month, more like a few times a year on average. But I will usually condition if I get caught in rain or tramp through grass.post #10260 of 178648/10/16 at 7:58pmQuote:
I think he's actually very reasonable with offers. I recently offered $70 on a pair that he had listed for $150 and he accepted immediately. Last month I offered $50 each on two pairs he had listed at $100 and $70. I almost wished I had offfered less, but I suspect he would have countered instead of accepting. Last year I tried a lowball and he just countered until we got to a reasonable price. Not sure how he comes up with his listing price, but he's definitely accepting of reasonable offers.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 26 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Hanging Double Breasted Jackets 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Pocket square advice 9 minutes ago
- › Pairing tuxedo with cravat 13 minutes ago
- › Trenchcoat right size? 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 18 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 27 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...