Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 7:09 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 679post #10171 of 193348/8/16 at 8:00pmpost #10172 of 193348/8/16 at 8:01pmpost #10173 of 193348/8/16 at 8:09pm
Hi Allen Edmonds afficiandoes and StyleForum Gurus.I am a noob [long time stalker here] and I need some advice. If a person has got Oxblood shoes and no matching belt which color belt is best [or safest] to wear with that pair? I have light,medium and dark trousers so I am flexible over there.post #10174 of 193348/8/16 at 8:21pmpost #10175 of 193348/8/16 at 8:47pmQuote:
No, I actually didn't see his face. He was walking out the door as I was walking in. He was maybe three steps ahead of me so I only saw the back of his head. I wasn't sure at first but then I heard the people inside the store talking about it. They said he visit that store a lot. It is the one on sixth down the block from radio city.
Btw, I didn't see what shoes he was wearing but his tan suit was ugly.post #10176 of 193348/8/16 at 8:55pmHmm, his suit actually looks better in tv then in person.
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/08/giuliani-says-trump-will-cut-taxes-create-growth-like-kennedy-reagan-and-me.htmlpost #10177 of 193348/8/16 at 8:58pmpost #10178 of 193348/8/16 at 9:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lobster33
Someone is selling a lot of "red" Park Aves, and it looks like they are all in E widths? So tempted to try one in 7.5 E, but I find this listing a bit too ambiguous to pull the trigger. Not sure if they are merlot or chili or dark chili. Great price though.
Dude has lowered the price to $84 for some of them. If these are as advertised, that's a hell of a deal. Still don't know what color "red" is, but it looks like burgundy.post #10179 of 193348/9/16 at 12:37amQuote:Originally Posted by LeeMerrill
@Lobster33 I am pretty sure the PA's are virtually brand new from the sole photo and the Strands look to also be very new with only minor creasing and very minor sole wear. My guess just from the photos is that these were both fit issue that were worn outside. Both were listed for $189.00. I watched them get relisted 3 times before offering 100. I'll put some photos up when I get them.
Dabondo1 usually has their shoe price around 180 and i never bother making a offer. but to know their willing to accept a offer of 100 might want me to give it a try.post #10180 of 193348/9/16 at 6:15am@cnation, I have made offers on all three shoes I have bought from him. Offered 100 for chocolate daltons, he countered for 140. I am not an expert on his listings, but my impression seems that listings around 180 seems to be the price of returns of current models, these can be either first or seconds. Close outs returns are around 140 and 3rds or more heavily worn shoes (ex: significant heel wear from a pronation) all go for respectively less and he seems to price based on the defect.post #10181 of 193348/9/16 at 6:15ampost #10182 of 193348/9/16 at 6:29ampost #10183 of 193348/9/16 at 6:33amLight bulb moment for me last night about pants. I just learned not all pants sit the same on your waist. Example, jeans usually on the hip, dress pants higher on your natural waist. I'm 33...as of last night, I wore everything hip high. Why bring this up? Because I noticed almost all my pictures that I wasn't in denim just didn't look quite right. Everyone else has straight material and mine was usually bunched up around the shoes (I'm the least flexible person alive and I figured it's because my knees are usually slightly bent in my shoe pictures.) Anyway, you learn something every day. I present to you the Strandmok in brown, with olive sitting at my actual waist chinos.post #10184 of 193348/9/16 at 6:53amQuote:
I asked and they are oxblood. 5609. Sadly out of my size though maybe a good thing because I don't reach for my PAs ever anymore.post #10185 of 193348/9/16 at 7:04amQuote:
I'm not sure how handle pricing and offers/counter offers, but I would assume that they monitor how long the shoe has been in inventory, what they paid for it and what other offers are and adjust accordingly.
I was eyeing a pair of merlot Hopkinsons for a few weeks and finally as they were getting towards the end of the 2nd or 3rd auction, I put up a bid of $85 and he quickly accepted. I hate that I still have to wait for him to ship to me, even though his warehouse is probably 15 mins from my house.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 41 seconds ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 1 minute ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply Lazio Fit Advice 16 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 17 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 25 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 26 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...