or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 678

post #10156 of 17772

I just picked up some Stands on sale.  They really hurt the balls of my feet.  I tried putting superfeet in them to see how it goes.  Just wanted to see if this was normal?  My aldens are super comfortable right out of the box.  Not too sure about AEs.  I would hate to have to return these guys.

 

post #10157 of 17772
Morning/afternoon Rich was golfing, evening Rich is going out on the town with Oak Streets in natty cxl
post #10158 of 17772
Just saw Rudy Giuliani at the AE 6th Ave store.
post #10159 of 17772

He was gesticulating wildly and yelling about how he needs go down in both size and width because there is just too much room "from the top to the bottom, to the middle, to the side!"

 

post #10160 of 17772
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue123 View Post

I just picked up some Stands on sale.  They really hurt the balls of my feet.  I tried putting superfeet in them to see how it goes.  Just wanted to see if this was normal?  My aldens are super comfortable right out of the box.  Not too sure about AEs.  I would hate to have to return these guys.



 


I have trouble fitting the Strand as well - while I do fairly well on other 5-last shoes, the Strand is cut very tightly. I'm fully a D-width and have a high instep, and I'm guessing the combination of those things means trouble for me. I didn't have break-in problems so much as consistent tightness.

What do you wear in Aldens (last/size/) and what did you buy in the Strand?
post #10161 of 17772

Remember BCF? Picked these up yesterday. No model name, but I think they're South Shores. They were the only AEs on the racks I'm pretty sure. Got a super deal.  First time trying this zanzar sole.  Feels solid. The leather is a little striped, but it's all good. I plan to beat these up.

 

 

Zk2wAdH.jpg 64RPeph.jpg

post #10162 of 17772
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccvle View Post

Just saw Rudy Giuliani at the AE 6th Ave store.

Great that he buys AEs!

Also, did you get his autograph?

Edited for topical relevance.
post #10163 of 17772
Grabbed pairs number 11 and 12 of Allen Edmonds. Got them for $100 each from Dabondo1. I ended up being pretty happy with the Dalton's I grabbed from him a few weeks ago. So hopefully these also fit the bill!

post #10164 of 17772
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMerrill View Post

Grabbed pairs number 11 and 12 of Allen Edmonds. Got them for $100 each from Dabondo1. I ended up being pretty happy with the Dalton's I grabbed from him a few weeks ago. So hopefully these also fit the bill!

 

Sweet.   Were these new? 

 

Dabondo rocks. 

post #10165 of 17772
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue123 View Post
 

I just picked up some Stands on sale.  They really hurt the balls of my feet.  I tried putting superfeet in them to see how it goes.  Just wanted to see if this was normal?  My aldens are super comfortable right out of the box.  Not too sure about AEs.  I would hate to have to return these guys.

 

 


I have trouble fitting the Strand as well - while I do fairly well on other 5-last shoes, the Strand is cut very tightly. I'm fully a D-width and have a high instep, and I'm guessing the combination of those things means trouble for me. I didn't have break-in problems so much as consistent tightness.

What do you wear in Aldens (last/size/) and what did you buy in the Strand?


For Alden I wear a 9.5D for Aberdeen last and 9D for Barrie Last which both fit perfectly.  The stand I tried the 9D which fit perfect but did not allow room for insert.  I tried the 9.5 which hurt the top of my foot with insert.  The pair above is a 9E, which is still causing the same problem with the insert.  I just ordered a different one on amazon.  If it doesn't work I sadly have to send these guys back to the store...

post #10166 of 17772
@Lobster33 I am pretty sure the PA's are virtually brand new from the sole photo and the Strands look to also be very new with only minor creasing and very minor sole wear. My guess just from the photos is that these were both fit issue that were worn outside. Both were listed for $189.00. I watched them get relisted 3 times before offering 100. I'll put some photos up when I get them.
post #10167 of 17772
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue123 View Post

I just picked up some Stands on sale.  They really hurt the balls of my feet.  I tried putting superfeet in them to see how it goes.  Just wanted to see if this was normal?  My aldens are super comfortable right out of the box.  Not too sure about AEs.  I would hate to have to return these guys.



Funny thing. I once had a pair of Strands that hurt the balls of my feet real bad too. It honestly felt like I was walking barefoot on top of cement. People kept telling me that I just had to get use to the brand. I knew that wasn't the problem because I bought my Park Avenues before and those felt comfortable. I got the Strands exchanged for another pair, same size and same width, and the new pair felt so much comfortable. 10x better! I don't know why the other pair was uncomfortable. I would exchange them if I were you...
post #10168 of 17772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry View Post




Funny thing. I once had a pair of Strands that hurt the balls of my feet real bad too. It honestly felt like I was walking barefoot on top of cement. People kept telling me that I just had to get use to the brand. I knew that wasn't the problem because I bought my Park Avenues before and those felt comfortable. I got the Strands exchanged for another pair, same size and same width, and the new pair felt so much comfortable. 10x better! I don't know why the other pair was uncomfortable. I would exchange them if I were you...


I'm not sure about that, since I also bought some PA's five years or so back and I remember I had the same problem with the balls of my feet.  I exchanged them and same thing.  I ended up returning them.  Maybe something with AE shoes and me that just doesn't mesh well.  My friend has the same shoe I do and says they feel like he's walking on feathers.  So I'm not sure if it is my flat feet or not.  Every insert I try makes my feet rub up against the top of the shoe and it feels just as bad.

post #10169 of 17772
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue123 View Post


I'm not sure about that, since I also bought some PA's five years or so back and I remember I had the same problem with the balls of my feet.  I exchanged them and same thing.  I ended up returning them.  Maybe something with AE shoes and me that just doesn't mesh well.  My friend has the same shoe I do and says they feel like he's walking on feathers.  So I'm not sure if it is my flat feet or not.  Every insert I try makes my feet rub up against the top of the shoe and it feels just as bad.

Damn then I'm not sure. Or could just be a sizing issue.
post #10170 of 17772
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbler View Post
 

He was gesticulating wildly and yelling about how he needs go down in both size and width because there is just too much room "from the top to the bottom, to the middle, to the side!"

 


I'm so bummed I didn't think of this.  I doff my hat to you sir/

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc