or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about. - Page 65

post #961 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

Thanks for the heads up, what particular arcade are you referring to?

Sounds like the Block Arcade. Mens Biz is the shaving shop, and Evans is the shoe repair place.
post #962 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Wish we kept our national colours as white and sky blue.

Trouble is, everybody else has that as well. I've always thought the colours of the Aboriginal flag capture this country very well, and we should have something based on that.
post #963 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post


Trouble is, everybody else has that as well. I've always thought the colours of the Aboriginal flag capture this country very well, and we should have something based on that.


Green and gold are an exceptionally hideous colour combo for uniforms. Nothing can redeem that.

 

But it won't change, just like our flag won't change. We've seen the resistance to that idea demonstrated amply in NZ recently, and I would have thought the chances of a win for flag change higher there than here.

 

My guess is that if you have some British ancestry, you want to keep our flag. If your ancestry is Irish, Scots or Aboriginal, you probably want to see it changed. And if you're anything else, you probably couldn't give a rat's arse one way or t'other.

 

I'm a wog and I couldn't give a rat's arse one way or t'other.

post #964 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post


Green and gold are an exceptionally hideous colour combo for uniforms. Nothing can redeem that.

But it won't change, just like our flag won't change. We've seen the resistance to that idea demonstrated amply in NZ recently, and I would have thought the chances of a win for flag change higher there than here.

My guess is that if you have some British ancestry, you want to keep our flag. If your ancestry is Irish, Scots or Aboriginal, you probably want to see it changed. And if you're anything else, you probably couldn't give a rat's arse one way or t'other.

I'm a wog and I couldn't give a rat's arse one way or t'other.

Well I only have "a white wog" name but as as an Irish/French mick I would like to see the flag changed. Can understand NZ reaction the design was crap.
post #965 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post


Green and gold are an exceptionally hideous colour combo for uniforms. Nothing can redeem that.

But it won't change, just like our flag won't change. We've seen the resistance to that idea demonstrated amply in NZ recently, and I would have thought the chances of a win for flag change higher there than here.

My guess is that if you have some British ancestry, you want to keep our flag. If your ancestry is Irish, Scots or Aboriginal, you probably want to see it changed. And if you're anything else, you probably couldn't give a rat's arse one way or t'other.

I'm a wog and I couldn't give a rat's arse one way or t'other.

Not advocating green and gold, but black, yellow and red.

The kiwis royally screwed up their approach to their flag change (maybe intentionally?). The first step should surely have been a plebiscite on whether people wanted to change it. Only then would you look at spending $20 million on choosing a new design. People got pissed off at the waste and voted it down even if they are not enamoured of the current design. Much like republicans here voted against republicanism, because we didn't like John Howard's definition of it.
post #966 of 3518
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Wish we kept our national colours as white and sky blue.


I agree.

 

post #967 of 3518
Hi Gents
In regards to fragrance, generally how many sprays and in what areas? ie Two sprays on the neck or chest and one for each wrist? Would you ever spray directly onto your clothes?
post #968 of 3518

I only want people to pick up the faintest suggestion of a fragrance, so I limit myself to 1-2 sprays on the chest before popping a shirt on.

 

This way, the only person who will get a decent whiff will be the gal I'm cuddling. Or the ambo giving me cardiac massage.

post #969 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tano View Post

Hi Gents
In regards to fragrance, generally how many sprays and in what areas? ie Two sprays on the neck or chest and one for each wrist? Would you ever spray directly onto your clothes?

Depends on the fragrance. One shot of tom ford tobacco vanille will do the job all day whereas something like AdG, cool water, GiT you would do 2.
post #970 of 3518
Thanks
Yes, im looking for a subtle fragrance with long life and adequate silage for a professional work environment. The only fragrance that has the longevity for me is YSL White Kouros but smells a bit like piss .Maybe im getting dodgy fakes so where do you guys buy your fragrances from?

Any recommendations for the below (good longevity and good sillage for under $150)

Antaeus
YSL - Body Kouros
Oscar de la Renta pour Lui
Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme
Puig Quorum
Yatagan by Caron
Giorgio for Men by Giorgio Beverley Hills
post #971 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post


I agree.



Peoples Republic of Fitsroy flag?

Dark blue with a white field of stars of the Southern Cross.

No Commbank iteration and no Souther Cross, been hijaked by Nazi's over the years.
Edited by Geoffrey Firmin - 4/2/16 at 4:04am
post #972 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tano View Post

Thanks
Yes, im looking for a subtle fragrance with long life and adequate silage for a professional work environment. The only fragrance that has the longevity for me is YSL White Kouros but smells a bit like piss .Maybe im getting dodgy fakes so where do you guys buy your fragrances from?

Any recommendations for the below (good longevity and good sillage for under $150)

Antaeus
YSL - Body Kouros
Oscar de la Renta pour Lui
Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme
Puig Quorum
Yatagan by Caron
Giorgio for Men by Giorgio Beverley Hills

Well I can only recommend ones I've tried, but I reckon Antaeus is an excellent fragrance for the cooler weather. I'd wear it to work without hesitation. I like the VC&A too. Yatagan I find too animalic and rough; haven't tried the others.

Most of the online sites doing splits are the genuine article; what makes you think you've bought a fake somewhere?

And as for you guys quavering over whether 1 or 2 sprays is too much, well you might as well save your money and buy a perfumed soap or hair shampoo. Three is the absolute minimum for me; one on each wrist and one to the chest. If I want to get noticed I'll add another one to the back of my neck and, if I'm wearing an EdC in the hot weather, I might even go six shots, or reload in the afternoon. Younger guys wanting to rock Aventus all night at a club should consider a shot to their hair as well.
post #973 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

no Souther Cross, been hijaked by Nazi's over the years.

I agree.

post #974 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

 If I want to get noticed I'll add another one to the back of my neck

 

post #975 of 3518
G'day Guys selling a few bits and pieces that don't see much wear any more. See my signatuure below.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.