or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about. - Page 7

post #91 of 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

No doubt you will specify that the robots must be made by hand.

And that the hands are handmade by hand.
post #92 of 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post


And that the hands are handmade by hand.

 

Reminds me of a recent translation bungle from a HK vendor. The Cantonese phrase for handmade was translated as "Made from Hands." It does not get more authentic than that.

post #93 of 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

-- I wouldn't buy a banged up old car and then go around talking about how great the cracked windscreen and rust in the bodywork are, s..
Well there goes your ride in from the airport with either me or ernesto
post #94 of 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

It's funny that the financing isn't an issue for us on these relatively small things, but the sense of priority is hard wired. Buy the couch, not the watch. No brainer.
You can tell the time with a watch. You cannot tell the time with a couch. You can sit down on the floor. You cannot tell the time with the floor. Buy the watch.
post #95 of 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post


You can tell the time with a watch. You cannot tell the time with a couch. You can sit down on the floor. You cannot tell the time with the floor. Buy the watch.

 

While we're at it, forget the house and buy a nice car instead - you can sleep in the car but you can't drive the house to work ...

post #96 of 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post
 

 

While we're at it, forget the house and buy a nice car instead - you can sleep in the car but you can't drive the house to work ...

 

Wait until 31 March for Tesla Model 3....unless you need somewhere to crash tonight, so to say....

post #97 of 3543
as far as handmade watches (actually, more like hand finished) are made, I would pick Credor in a heart beat. hand painted indices

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/with-the-seiko-eichi-ii-versus-dufour-and-ferrier
post #98 of 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post
 

 

While we're at it, forget the house and buy a nice car instead - you can sleep in the car but you can't drive the house to work ...

 

When I was a teenager, I did ponder whether it would be possible to get away with buying a Lamborghini Countach and living in it, instead of buying a house and driving a Toyota...

post #99 of 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post

You can tell the time with a watch. You cannot tell the time with a couch. You can sit down on the floor. You cannot tell the time with the floor. Buy the watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

While we're at it, forget the house and buy a nice car instead - you can sleep in the car but you can't drive the house to work ...
Life is too short. Be selfish and buy the watch.
Anyone planning to get married/ moving in together - keep individual bank account/ CC. Individual financial situation = you get to spend your hard earned bonus on stupid things.
post #100 of 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
 

 

When I was a teenager, I did ponder whether it would be possible to get away with buying a Lamborghini Countach and living in it, instead of buying a house and driving a Toyota...

Kinda difficult to fit a mattress in the Countach. A panel van, on the other hand....

post #101 of 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post
 

 

On a related note, I cannot understand the fascination for watches "made entirely by hand."  Could someone explain this to me?


Yes.

 

 

 

post #102 of 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post



Life is too short. Be selfish and buy the watch.
Anyone planning to get married/ moving in together - keep individual bank account/ CC. Individual financial situation = you get to spend your hard earned bonus on stupid things.

 

This is, clearly, a subjective issue.

 

Personally, however, I don't think that getting married whilst concealing financial information from your spouse is a good thing and, by and large, I don't think that it's likely to contribute to a long and happy relationship. To my mind, openness and communication are much more likely to lead to a successful marriage, even though it may mean that you won't be able to purchase as many luxury goods for yourself.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post
 

Kinda difficult to fit a mattress in the Countach. A panel van, on the other hand....

 

Ah, the old shaggin' wagon. Preferably with interior walls upholstered in plush, velour fabric and a lascivious mural painted on the outside.

post #103 of 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

Kinda difficult to fit a mattress in the Countach. A panel van, on the other hand....

Forget that. Buy this. You get a couch, a car, a watch, and id assume be pretty comfortable to sleep in as well.
post #104 of 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post


Forget that. Buy this. You get a couch, a car, a watch, and id assume be pretty comfortable to sleep in as well.

 

Stuff the Bentley - get a Lambo:

 

http://www.lamborghini.com/en/masterpieces/lm002/

post #105 of 3543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post
 


Yes.

 

 

 

 

A link below on handmade watches. Everything is REALLY made by hand. Less than 10 made per year. 

 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2572642/The-Ratners-repairman-makes-worlds-exclusive-watches-500-000-spend-Dont-mind-waiting-eight-years-Its-time-visit-great-British-eccentric.html

 

This caught my fancy recently, but missus wants a couch, so yeah....

 

Cartier Rotonde De Cartier Astromystérieux Watch Watch Releases

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.