or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about. - Page 46

post #676 of 3804
I've been using Berensen for 10 years long before Katrina's arrived and I've found their work excellent. Any time something didn't quite come out to my expectation they fixed it quickly at no extra cost. They've shortened the sleeve from the shoulder just as well as simple hemming.

I've also used Sam and found his work perfectly fine although I send more complicated stuff to Berensen.
post #677 of 3804
Thread Starter 

Gangs fight in the CBD (1966)

post #678 of 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post

Gangs fight in the CBD (1966)

Leather jacket + blue denim jeans , so this is what you get up to in your spare time?
post #679 of 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post

Gangs fight in the CBD (1966)

50th anniversary celebrations went well on the weekend.
post #680 of 3804
Any suggestions for where to find a navy cotton jacket in Melbourne? I had a Ralph Lauren one but they don't seem to carry them any more.
post #681 of 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbus6 View Post

Any suggestions for where to find a navy cotton jacket in Melbourne? I had a Ralph Lauren one but they don't seem to carry them any more.

 

MJ Bale have a few different blue cotton jackets in stock at the moment, ranging from mid-blue to a darker, navy blue, so it could be worth having a look in one of their stores.

 

I think that they've even got a DB cotton jacket, if you want to look as though you own a yacht!

post #682 of 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styleternity View Post
 

 

Much obliged @eightace - more intrigued by his status as an agent for footwear manufacturers in Japan.

 

Does anybody have details about that side of his operation? Personal buyer's experience?

 

I've purchased 4 pairs from Kaz and am very happy.  The fit is great and I think the value is unbeatable in this price range, particularly with the Aussie $ in the dumps.

post #683 of 3804
Jason - sorry to hear about HC but understand. You have done great work and my HC ties are among my favourites.
post #684 of 3804
i feel like i'm always just 'taking' from this thread as opposed to 'giving', but i'm very new to the smarter side of menswear. however, if anyone needs advice on wtaps sizing or different models of common projects - hit me up (+ i have a buzz rickson sweat in M for sale)!

what are people thoughts on mj bale's tie, are they actually 'made in italy' as they claim? there are two i like at $170 shipped (canberra store doesn't have either one in stock), but i've only owned a pair of chinos by them in the past. the majority of my current ones are tm lewin/charles tywhitt which are all pretty average, but i also have two brooks bros and one drake. i'm hoping they'd be in-between tm lewin and brooks bros?

also, i'll obviously ask in the HK thread, but i'm guessing 5 days is too short a time to get a suit made up if i want to also enjoy my holiday as well?
post #685 of 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by conqueror View Post

what are people thoughts on mj bale's tie, are they actually 'made in italy' as they claim? there are two i like at $170 shipped (canberra store doesn't have either one in stock), but i've only owned a pair of chinos by them in the past. the majority of my current ones are tm lewin/charles tywhitt which are all pretty average, but i also have two brooks bros and one drake. i'm hoping they'd be in-between tm lewin and brooks bros?

 

I quite like some of the printed silk patterns used by MJ Bale, but unfortunately their ties are waaay too skinny for my liking. I can't help but feel that they'd probably tie pretty skinny knots, too.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by conqueror View Post

also, i'll obviously ask in the HK thread, but i'm guessing 5 days is too short a time to get a suit made up if i want to also enjoy my holiday as well?

 

No direct experience, but a friend of mine has bought a few suits, jackets and odd trousers from Peter Lee, of Lee Baron.

 

On his first trip, he went there on his first day to be measured up and choose fabrics and he specified that he was leaving in a week or so. Lee Baron had a basted fitting ready for him before he left so that he could try it on and have any alterations pinned or marked. They finished the clothes and mailed them to him a few days later, and he was very happy with them.

 

I think that a number of people on SF have done something similar - have a look in the HK tailors thread for further details.

post #686 of 3804
thanks journeyman. i have ties ranging from 7cm - 9cm (8.5 is my preferred) and these MJ ones are 8cm according to the website. you're right though as most seem to be listed as 7 or 7.5.
post #687 of 3804
optimum for me is 8.5-9cm. otherwise skinnier ties are for my 'casual' days where it's still office attire but with odd trousers without a coat on
post #688 of 3804
Now that HC is gone I'm just buying from TM Lewin.

I'd go Kent Wang but our dollar blows.
post #689 of 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Now that HC is gone I'm just buying from TM Lewin.

I'd go Kent Wang but our dollar blows.

Henry Bucks DJ's and others at sales time. And there is always Sam Hober http://www.samhober.com
post #690 of 3804
Quote:
Originally Posted by conqueror View Post

i feel like i'm always just 'taking' from this thread as opposed to 'giving', but i'm very new to the smarter side of menswear. however, if anyone needs advice on wtaps sizing or different models of common projects - hit me up (+ i have a buzz rickson sweat in M for sale)!

what are people thoughts on mj bale's tie, are they actually 'made in italy' as they claim? there are two i like at $170 shipped (canberra store doesn't have either one in stock), but i've only owned a pair of chinos by them in the past. the majority of my current ones are tm lewin/charles tywhitt which are all pretty average, but i also have two brooks bros and one drake. i'm hoping they'd be in-between tm lewin and brooks bros?

also, i'll obviously ask in the HK thread, but i'm guessing 5 days is too short a time to get a suit made up if i want to also enjoy my holiday as well?
As others said I noticed MJ BALE had a few cotton jackets to choose from. No idea how they fit.
I have known people like JM says, who have arranged with Lee Baron to hop straight off plane and go to measure appt. then basting a few days later within a week and either pick up suit or ship suit soon after.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.