or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about. - Page 40

post #586 of 3528
Firmin. I have blokes, some who are old enough to know better, but have only worn Sneakers who insist they are size 11 in shoes. But in fact fit a 9 or 9.5 in proper leather shoes.
It's a hard Road from boy to man
post #587 of 3528
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post
 

 

How do you find the quality of L'Bardi driving shoes? On par with Tods (if you've had Tods or Miserocchi)?

The L'Bardi leather is decent considering their price. These are the first driving shoes I've owned and I'm not too fussed on the structure-less style.  I find them uncomfortable, mostly likely because I have a high instep/arch.      

post #588 of 3528
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Firmin. I have blokes, some who are old enough to know better, but have only worn Sneakers who insist they are size 11 in shoes. But in fact fit a 9 or 9.5 in proper leather shoes.
It's a hard Road from boy to man

Sensei

Your words are pearls of wisdom in field of fresh cow manure.

Grasshopper
post #589 of 3528

Just wandered into Country Road for the first time in aeons and picked up a couple of pairs of espadrilles at 50% off, reduced to $49. The rope soles have a thin rubber layer (rather like a Topy, really!) applied so they should be more durable than regular espadrilles. 

 

If you're an espadrille kind of guy, given the low Australian dollar, you'll really struggle to get them more cheaply than this at the moment. 

post #590 of 3528
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Firmin. I have blokes, some who are old enough to know better, but have only worn Sneakers who insist they are size 11 in shoes. But in fact fit a 9 or 9.5 in proper leather shoes.
It's a hard Road from boy to man

 

It's not unusual to take a larger size in sneakers than it is in dress shoes - I take a UK9 in dress shoes and a UK10 in sneakers/running shoes. 

 

The trick, though, as @fxh notes, is to realise that you take a different size in both, instead of also wearing UK10 dress shoes. 

post #591 of 3528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

It's not unusual to take a larger size in sneakers than it is in dress shoes - I take a UK9 in dress shoes and a UK10 in sneakers/running shoes. 

The trick, though, as @fxh notes, is to realise that you take a different size in both, instead of also wearing UK10 dress shoes. 

JM I realise that but as with European sizing I take a 44 but wait I have 45 and another announces that it is 46.5. The point I was making is the total inconstancy amongst brands, and don't get get me started on waist sizes.
post #592 of 3528
sup guys. checking in from singapore. I miss Australia.
post #593 of 3528
Ari, what's happening in the warms up north?

Not too much happening here. People still trying to get shoes that fit.
post #594 of 3528
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

Ari, what's happening in the warms up north?

Not too much happening here. People still trying to get shoes that fit.

just the usual - hot weather, bad clothing, baller watches and nice condos!

I miss having seasons though. I usually get pretty excited this time of the year to pick out some nice coats etc and also have a couple of trips down to the slopes (even though australian snow sucks it's a great get together with friends who are too busy to catch up on a regular basis!)
post #595 of 3528
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post


just the usual - hot weather, bad clothing, baller watches and nice condos!

I miss having seasons though. I usually get pretty excited this time of the year to pick out some nice coats etc and also have a couple of trips down to the slopes (even though australian snow sucks it's a great get together with friends who are too busy to catch up on a regular basis!)

 

The great thing about Singapore is that it's such a fantastic transport hub to the rest of Asia. While you're there, go on as many trips as you can - long weekends up to Melaka and Penang, a week in Borneo, a few days somewhere else in SE Asia and so on. 

post #596 of 3528

"The best part about Singapore is that it's close to better places."

 

(about the nicest thing one can say about it, IMO and IME)

post #597 of 3528
I like Singapore, but don't think I could live there for an extended period.

And Ari, as for buying coats, it was 38 in Melbourne yesterday!
post #598 of 3528
Thread Starter 

So my TOJ/Falcon garments is at home.

post #599 of 3528
Does it fit?
post #600 of 3528
As the endless Summer rolls on I had a look at Lands End as as i want to get a new down vest for winter. Yes! Big price drops but now they have jacked the shipping costs up to $51. FUBAR!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.