or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about. - Page 190

post #2836 of 3523
8) Fly to Napoli, six months later, pents don't fit.
9) ToJ
10) Coxie + Canali
post #2837 of 3523
11) Donate funds directly to my account for future menswear/watches purchase

Thanks for the suggestions gents. I do have a black bay red ; which I think will compliment a sub. But again I am probably also bias towards sub (as I have also considered depreciation into account). I may get rid of my superocean .
post #2838 of 3523
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

11) Donate funds directly to my account for future menswear/watches purchase

Thanks for the suggestions gents. I do have a black bay red ; which I think will compliment a sub. But again I am probably also bias towards sub (as I have also considered depreciation into account). I may get rid of my superocean .
 

 

I am waiting for the cliche "significant moment" to pull the trigger on a DateJust. The Sub is obviously a good choice (I am nitpicky against the ceramic bezel). 

 

Alternatively, you could wait for the price of precious metals to fall to all time lows, then splurge on a platinum DayDate.

post #2839 of 3523
MD is a bit too young for a day date. I find people who rock them are generally men in their 40s or 50s and who have a good all round watch collection.

Pete pan were you eyeing the DJ 1 or 2? I have a friend who was thinking of unloading his 2.
post #2840 of 3523
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post

MD is a bit too young for a day date. I find people who rock them are generally men in their 40s or 50s and who have a good all round watch collection.

Pete pan were you eyeing the DJ 1 or 2? I have a friend who was thinking of unloading his 2.

This one: 

 

Image result for datejust rolex

post #2841 of 3523
post #2842 of 3523
12. Topy Aquila shoes
12. Buy two AG suits half priced
post #2843 of 3523
In Sydney tomorrow for an evening event if anyone's keen for a catch up in CBD area during the afternoon. Peace.
post #2844 of 3523
13 buy six pack of 1972 Grange ( I wish)
post #2845 of 3523
Thread Starter 
If I had to choose between solving world hunger and a reasonably large fortune, I'd get an all white Lambo.
post #2846 of 3523
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

In Sydney tomorrow for an evening event if anyone's keen for a catch up in CBD area during the afternoon. Peace.
Would love to, but I heard you were coming so I flew to melbourne for the week.
post #2847 of 3523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

13 buy six pack of 1972 Grange ( I wish)
Is that your birth year Grange?

(You can pay me later).
post #2848 of 3523

I do sympathise with the sentiment behind Hornermatt's anti-watch rant.

 

However I think he's missing an important point. He mentions funding artists, composers etc - that is, creative artists.

 

But in fact, high-end watchmakers are a kind of creative artist. Admittedly at the craftsman/artisan end of that spectrum.

 

There are giant, steaming quantities of bullshit associated with the high-end mechanical watch industry, to be sure. But some of the actual pieces are miniature masterpieces of human skill, ingenuity, creativity and artistry all rolled into one.

 

Public funding of art and music tends to result in shit art and music. The best stuff doesn't need philanthropy in order to emerge from the mind of the genius who creates it. It's funded by people who wish to own it themselves; and eventually it finds its way into the public domain. To some extent, this might even be true of timepieces.

post #2849 of 3523
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

In Sydney tomorrow for an evening event if anyone's keen for a catch up in CBD area during the afternoon. Peace.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Would love to, but I heard you were coming so I flew to melbourne for the week.

 

Funny about that - so did I.

 

PoP, come and meet me in the Kasbah. We will make beautiful music togezzer.

post #2850 of 3523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


How many villages could you save for the cost of a trip to Switzerland?

 

$100 plane ticket

Stayed with my girlfriend for $0

$50 in food for the weekend - bought groceries and ate some ice cream

 

If there's a village I could save for that, point me that way.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.