or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about. - Page 19

post #271 of 3542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liber View Post


Exactly, don't buy new. If the Mustang GT didn't have a wait list of over two years, I would have never bought new, but it was my only option. Buying used is a much better idea, two to three years old and 2/3d's of the cost. Also don't buy an A1/ VW unless you like expensive repair bills. As Fox said, look for something Japanese made.

In regards to Vintage Watch Co, they're a good bunch to deal with. Apparently a lot of their stock comes from Bris/ Gc from older people. Make what you will o that.

 

Wait for Tesla Model 3.

post #272 of 3542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

Wait for Tesla Model 3.
Saw a model S in Finland airport late last year, great looking car. Wish I could afford one.
post #273 of 3542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Dear Aussie Forum,

I am a 25 yo white Anglo male who lives in Summer Hill.

Should I get a Fiat 500?

Discuss.
I would get a Ford Focus RS. 2016 models will arrive soon. Low profile look and exceptional performance.
post #274 of 3542
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

I would get a Ford Focus RS. 2016 models will arrive soon. Low profile look and exceptional performance.
Can vouch for this. Got an XR5 too, great little cars. The new RS is awesome bang for buck, get on the waiting list now though.
post #275 of 3542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liber View Post

Saw a model S in Finland airport late last year, great looking car. Wish I could afford one.

4 engine components (from memory), hence low maintenance. Even and consistent torque, acceleration below 8s. No need to top up fluids (not sure about brakes). No getting gouged by petrol companies. Range is sufficient for city driving. Probably will look really good too.

Not sure what AUD pricing would be, but to me, a near absolute no brainer.
post #276 of 3542
post #277 of 3542
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayH View Post

Walked into the Rolex store on Castlereagh Street at lunch and they told me there was a year long wait for a SS Submariner... Any other suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

If you're really set on that style of watch, then you could either consider a Tudor Pelagos or, for a more vintage look, a Tudor Black Bay Noir.

Otherwise, if you really want a Submariner, look for a very lightly used Sub in good condition.

Here are a few that are available now, from a watch store that has branches in both Brisbane and Sydney:

http://www.vintagewatchco.com.au/ProductDetail/CategoryID/1/ProductID/2262

http://www.vintagewatchco.com.au/ProductDetail/CategoryID/2/ProductID/2236

http://www.vintagewatchco.com.au/ProductDetail/CategoryID/2/ProductID/2226

Edited to add: They've got some other Submariners, some Sea Dwellers, and a GMT with a black bezel, too:

http://www.vintagewatchco.com.au/watches/CategoryID/2/PageIndex/1

Tudor Black Bay is beautiful watch. Breitling superocean 2 is also an alternative. I have one and love it. Oris aquis date is also a solid watch which I love to wear - total tool watch look.
post #278 of 3542
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post

there is a gentleman in HK who is renowned in the watch community who restores Rolex bracelets exceptionally well. his name is Michael Young. see here:
http://www.classicwatchrepair.com/page5.html
if bracelet stretch is simply your worth (PS I don't own a sub or sub c) then getting the sub you like and getting the bracelet repaired can now be the viable option.

 

Thanks for the suggestion - its good to know there are places that can repair it if need be. I don't expect it to last forever after all, and part of the natural wear and tear is what makes it yours (or mine) I suppose, like creasing and natural patina on an old pair of shoes.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayH View Post

Walked into the Rolex store on Castlereagh Street at lunch and they told me there was a year long wait for a SS Submariner... Any other suggestions?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
 

Otherwise, if you really want a Submariner, look for a very lightly used Sub in good condition.

 

Here are a few that are available now, from a watch store that has branches in both Brisbane and Sydney:

 

http://www.vintagewatchco.com.au/ProductDetail/CategoryID/1/ProductID/2262

 

http://www.vintagewatchco.com.au/ProductDetail/CategoryID/2/ProductID/2236

 

http://www.vintagewatchco.com.au/ProductDetail/CategoryID/2/ProductID/2226

 

That's exactly what I'm looking at actually. Good taste! :bigstar:
 

post #279 of 3542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liber View Post

Saw a model S in Finland airport late last year, great looking car. Wish I could afford one.

4 engine components (from memory), hence low maintenance. Even and consistent torque, acceleration below 8s. No need to top up fluids (not sure about brakes). No getting gouged by petrol companies. Range is sufficient for city driving. Probably will look really good too.

Not sure what AUD pricing would be, but to me, a near absolute no brainer.
See if you were nice to me I would give you a ride in my Model S.
post #280 of 3542
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayH View Post

Walked into the Rolex store on Castlereagh Street at lunch and they told me there was a year long wait for a SS Submariner... Any other suggestions?

 

Yes. Walk out again.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

See if you were nice to me I would give you a ride in my Model S.

 

There's something a bit creepy about this post.

post #281 of 3542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

See if you were nice to me I would give you a ride in my Model T.

FTFY
post #282 of 3542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Yes. Walk out again.


There's something a bit creepy about this post.

LOL, for some reason, Peter Slipper comes to mind!
post #283 of 3542

Sitting in Yok Sod on the corner of Pitt and Goulburn sts. A nine foot tall Thai ladyboy just walked in and sat down on the next table with his mates, who are smokin' hot and, er, real.

 

This is all well and good. The problem, as I see it, is this: how can one ever be sure?

 

Thankfully this is not a real, practical issue for me as I am sorted. However... here's a question for you all. Is this ladyboy issue a first world problem, or a third world problem? Discuss.

post #284 of 3542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

See if you were nice to me I would give you a ride in my Model S.

There's something a bit creepy about this post.
No it was totally legit...

post #285 of 3542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Sitting in Yok Sod on the corner of Pitt and Goulburn sts. A nine foot tall Thai ladyboy just walked in and sat down on the next table with his mates, who are smokin' hot and, er, real.

This is all well and good. The problem, as I see it, is this: how can one ever be sure?

Thankfully this is not a real, practical issue for me as I am sorted. However... here's a question for you all. Is this ladyboy issue a first world problem, or a third world problem? Discuss.

I was reliably informed that you need to spot the Adam's Apple. But then I have also been informed that these can now be surgically removed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.