or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about. - Page 179

post #2671 of 3532
I am after a pair of black leather work shoes (preferably in derby style). My budget is less than $400. Any recommendations? I am located in Sydney.
post #2672 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by click here View Post

I am after a pair of black leather work shoes (preferably in derby style). My budget is less than $400. Any recommendations? I am located in Sydney.

Why derby may I ask?
post #2673 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

Why derby may I ask?

Just a preference. Although I am okay with Oxfords too. Just want a standard leather shoes for work, nothing too fancy.
post #2674 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by click here View Post

I am after a pair of black leather work shoes (preferably in derby style). My budget is less than $400. Any recommendations? I am located in Sydney.
Check out Meermin, they just released a nice sleek looking black derby.
post #2675 of 3532
do black business socks that don't pool around your ankles after a few steps exist for under $20? i'm a US12 if it makes a difference.
post #2676 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by click here View Post

Just a preference. Although I am okay with Oxfords too. Just want a standard leather shoes for work, nothing too fancy.

If you know your last and sizing, I think Herring Shoes has items fitting your budget. Enrico Santi on Pitt Street carry Loakes at okay prices, but not sure of their range of 1880s. Dont buy Loake Shoemaker, stick to 1880s. Kazuna MTM may also be an option, but price is slightly above $400.

If you dont know sizing, stay away from Meermin and other online offerings.
post #2677 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

If you know your last and sizing, I think Herring Shoes has items fitting your budget. Enrico Santi on Pitt Street carry Loakes at okay prices, but not sure of their range of 1880s. Dont buy Loake Shoemaker, stick to 1880s. Kazuna MTM may also be an option, but price is slightly above $400.

If you dont know sizing, stay away from Meermin and other online offerings.

Thanks. I had a look at some of your recommendations and I think I like these

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/6193.php
http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/5383.php

Are they decent?
Edited by click here - 8/31/16 at 3:54am
post #2678 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by click here View Post

Thanks. I had a look at some of your recommendations and I think I like these

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/6193.php
http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/5383.php

Are they decent?

Loake no longer allow online retailers to ship to Australia. Loake 1880 range is decent, a bit stiff and harder to break in, and lasts are slightly blobby, but that is just a matter of taste. Some of the Herring branded shoes are made by Loake, usually on the 026 and Capital lasts. Unlike Loake, Herring shoes can be shipped to Australia. I suggest you go to Enrico Santi to get fitted properly. Or get Kazuna to make a Made to Measure - turnaround time is six weeks though.
post #2679 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

Loake no longer allow online retailers to ship to Australia. Loake 1880 range is decent, a bit stiff and harder to break in, and lasts are slightly blobby, but that is just a matter of taste. Some of the Herring branded shoes are made by Loake, usually on the 026 and Capital lasts. Unlike Loake, Herring shoes can be shipped to Australia. I suggest you go to Enrico Santi to get fitted properly. Or get Kazuna to make a Made to Measure - turnaround time is six weeks though.

 

Loake's Capital last is actually really nice (well, that's my opinion, anyway). I find that it looks, and fits, very similar to the C&J 337 last and it has a nice, soft-square toe shape. 

 

If "click here" can find something in the "Herring by Loake" range on the Capital last, it would fit his requirements nicely.

post #2680 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post


They look good. Is there anywhere you can buy them other than Glue? Their website is seriously pissing me off - won't let me look at anything unless I register for their mailing list. F*ck that.
post #2681 of 3532
^^ What about some Sperrys?
post #2682 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post


If "click here" can find something in the "Herring by Loake" range on the Capital last, it would fit his requirements nicely.

Any idea where I can find these? I tried looking at Herring website for this range but can't find them/ they don't ship Loake to Australia.
post #2683 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by click here View Post

Any idea where I can find these? I tried looking at Herring website for this range but can't find them/ they don't ship Loake to Australia.

Under Herring shoes, in the Classic range, both Knightsbridge and Hampstead are made on the 026 last, which is a Loake last. The Capital last and the 026 are similar. There is a chat facility, so you can just ask them for details.
post #2684 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Loake's Capital last is actually really nice (well, that's my opinion, anyway). I find that it looks, and fits, very similar to the C&J 337 last and it has a nice, soft-square toe shape. 

Agree with this. Loake make some nice looking shoes for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

They look good. Is there anywhere you can buy them other than Glue? Their website is seriously pissing me off - won't let me look at anything unless I register for their mailing list. F*ck that.

The Iconic, or on sale here maybe: https://www.superga.co.uk/browse/Mens/c-Superga2750-460/
post #2685 of 3532
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post


The Iconic, or on sale here maybe: https://www.superga.co.uk/browse/Mens/c-Superga2750-460/

Are they comfortable for s a casual weekend beater? How do they hold up if your walking around all day?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.