Originally Posted by Epicure
Just as a matter of courtesy to you and the others who have expressed interest (or are at least watching with interest):
I've not yet heard from Pawel just how many ties he has in mind before the aforementioned discount could kick in, or what the discount would actually be in terms of a dollar amount.
However, I'm sure he'll be in contact with me soon enough, and I'll be happy to pass on the info once I have it.
To update those interested, here's an excerpt from my most recent email from Pawel:
"Regarding the numbers of ties/ bow ties (2 bow ties is like 1 tie):
1. No Vat + free shipping = min. 12 ties.
2. No Vat + free shipping + 5 % discount = min. 15 ties
3. No Vat + free shipping + 10% discount = min. 20 ties
I can not go lower price, because, when I ship 12, 15 or 20 ties, for you is for free but it cost me about 24 zl ( 6 American dollars) per tie, which is about 10% cost of the tie. In other words, the real cost for me is:
1. No Vat + free shipping for 12 ties ( for you it is about 10% discount per tie)
2. No Vat + free shipping + 5 % discount for 15 ties (in real is 15% discount)
3. No Vat + free shipping + 10% discount for 20 ties (in real is 20% discount )
I think this is still very good deal for you. If someone wants order 1, 2 or even 3 ties, has to pay 150 zl (37,5 American dollars) for shipping. I hope that in the future, shipping rates will be lower."