or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about. - Page 88

post #1306 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post

Really want one of those Brisbane umbrellas.

Would be so good in England.

I emailed a few days ago and no reply yet...
post #1307 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post
 

Really want one of those Brisbane umbrellas.

 

Would be so good in England.

 

But you're in England, the home of two of the greatest umbrella manufacturers in the world!

 

Fox Umbrellas:

 

http://www.foxumbrellas.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

 

James Smith & Sons:

 

https://www.james-smith.co.uk/

 

Here's a story on James Smith & Sons:

 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/united-kingdom/england/london/articles/Londons-top-shops-James-Smith-and-Sons-umbrella-shop/

post #1308 of 3518
post #1309 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

On Belstaff roadmaster. Still finding ways to wear it. But getting used to this style of jacket. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I don't think you are too far off with it but I'd keep the RM's, swap the trousers for denim and the shirt for something softer and more casual like a blue OCBD. But then I fall firmly in the camp of not liking the whole barbour/belstaff look with suits/work attire.
post #1310 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

On Belstaff roadmaster. Still finding ways to wear it. But getting used to this style of jacket. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I don't think you are too far off with it but I'd keep the RM's, swap the trousers for denim and the shirt for something softer and more casual like a blue OCBD. But then I fall firmly in the camp of not liking the whole barbour/belstaff look with suits/work attire.

Yes, I'd also accessorise with a meat pie and football scarf, chunky knit, and a Triumph Bonneville.
post #1311 of 3518
Seems like a good match as RMW are about as Australian as QANTAS these days...
post #1312 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Yes, I'd also accessorise with a meat pie and football scarf, chunky knit, and a Triumph Bonneville.

Sauce or Ketchup on the pie?
post #1313 of 3518
Isn't it called "dead horse"?
post #1314 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSurg View Post

Isn't it called "dead horse"?

That's what's in the pie.
post #1315 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post


That's what's in the pie.


U WISH

post #1316 of 3518
Thread Starter 

WDYWY

Thanks for the photo @Gerry Nelson

post #1317 of 3518
post #1318 of 3518
Interesting article here about Zegna buying into a NSW sheep station .
post #1319 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

Interesting article here about Zegna buying into a NSW sheep station .

Interesting indeed. When I worked in commodities trading, we had quite a bit of discussion internally about going long the supply as well, as an alternative way to go long - particularly in places where asset prices were depressed for structural reasons and we could get a good deal. It's a trade-off between that, and the cost of diversification. Cargill for example is involved in virtually every business to do with grains - they even own or control port facilities and farm equipment businesses, and I think they have a seeds/genetics department as well - EXCEPT actually growing the stuff. 

 

I wonder what made Zegna decide to go long right now. Supplying commodities is a brutal business best left to specialists... better sell shovels than be a miner.

post #1320 of 3518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post



WDYWY
Thanks for the photo @Gerry Nelson

Looking like a merchant banker, Foxy, (not in a bad way!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.